World Preload Locks Up

bonesvf103

I have the Steam version.  Occasionally when loading a mission, the loading freezes up at stage World Preload 1/60.

If I force shutdown and restart DCS, it usually works fine.

If I do an integrity check, it finds 5 files that need to be re-downloaded, and everything is fine for a day or two and then the problem and process repeats.

Any ideas?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Out of curiosity, is it the same 5 files and, if so, what are they?

Your mention of the sim working fine for a day or two before another freeze occurs piqued my interest. That’s the same time period that often occurs in the “second mission bug”.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I can't tell what files, Steam just says 5 files.

What's the second mission bug?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Hmmm mine is sorta random.  Sometimes second mission but more than oft randomized.

v6,

boNes

• 1 month later...

Even with the latest updates, I still have this problem at random.  Any ideas?

v6,

boNes

Are you flying the F-14? If so, this is a known issue and ED is working on it

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Glad to hear that they are working on it because it happens to me every time when I go to fly another mission. I fly a mission, end it, and go to fly again. It then locks the computer up right at World Preload 1/60 every time. Windows locks up so badly that Task Manager or anything else is not even clickable. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click on sign out.

Never happened before the latest update on the stable version.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

• 5 weeks later...

AFAIK, both issues were fixed:

• Second mission load crash
  • F-14 loading freeze

Please reproduce your issue, then attach the resulting dcs.log file ( Saved Games/DCS.../Logs/dcs.log - may appear as just "dcs").

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed. It was just released to the 'stable' version the other day.

• Thanks 1

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, seems like this topic is a bit old but I'm having a similar issue with my Steam version since the 2.9 version has landed.

My game crashes every single time while I am trying to load a mission, which makes it practically unplayable.

I deleted all Mods and associated input files, checked the integrity on Steam twice, reverted to an older version of my GPU pilot : all to no avail.

In despair I turn to the community for help because I am at a loss with what to do next...

Symptoms : Game crashes when World Preload hits 1/60 then it prompts a game crash report window. I sent numerous reports with a description of what happened every time but since then no answer.

Attached are all the files I could find with my latest try, today on 1 Dec. 2023 1740 UTC.

Thanks a lot for any piece of advice you can send my way!

dcs.log dcs.log-20231201-175402.zip DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.log DCS-SRS-GameGUI.log DCS-SRS-InGameRadio.log dcs.log.old

Hi Flappie, thanks for the answer!

I did try this but to no avail, unfortunately... The same problem occurs every single time.

I really do not know what is happening and I am far from an expert regarding those things but DCS worked just fine in 2.8. It is only since the 2.9 version that I have that strange behaviour.

Anyway, thank you for the help, I appreciate a lot!

Hi Flappie, thanks again for the repply.

Here are the lines I get:

14:07:21.893 INFO    EDCORE (Main): C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
2023-12-03 14:07:21.895 INFO    EDCORE (Main): # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00007ffaa0cc9c10 00:00000000

Thing is, I also see those just above, and I don't like it:

023-12-03 14:37:45.570 ERROR   DX11BACKEND (Main): DX device removed. Reason: 0x887A0006
2023-12-03 14:37:45.573 ERROR   DX11BACKEND (Main): failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
2023-12-03 14:37:45.573 ERROR   DX11BACKEND (Main): CreateShaderResourceView FAILED. Reason: E_INVALIDARG

So far, I have reduced my settings to mostly Low (just Medium for Textures) but cannont understand why it is doing so right now while it morked just fine in 2.8.X...

I'll give your troubleshoot guide a try with the xxx.bak instruction, fingers crossed.

In the meantime, here are the logs and DXdiag.

dcs.log dcs.log-20231203-143746.zip DxDiag.txt

On 12/3/2023 at 3:06 PM, Flappie said:

Here are things you can try:

Ok, so I have a question : I have changed the option.lua file extension to .lua.bak but it did not work. Now do I remove the .bak extension or do I just move on to the next step?

BTW, how can that affect my game? Sorry for the stupid question but I fail to see what that extension does exactly.

Renaming the "options.lua" file causes DCS to create a brand new one.

You can do both: rename the new "options.lua" file to "options.lua.new", then rename the old one back to "options.lua", then proceed to the next step.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.