Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

1 hour ago, malarcky said:

How do you use it? It only insert me lat and long with all 0s

Are you in VR? I don't think it works in VR.
and
Are you in the Jet already, you have to be in the jet when selecting waypoints.

Well I started in a hot jet, I'm not very familiar with the M2000C as of late so don't really the full cold start procedure.

Clicked start selecting on map,
selected some waypoints
clicked begin transfer
watched the waypoints get entered

My cursor is modified, so it's not a pink dot, 

Edited by jonsky7

21 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Are you in VR? I don't think it works in VR.
and
Are you in the Jet already, you have to be in the jet when selecting waypoints.

Well I started in a hot jet, I'm not very familiar with the M2000C as of late so don't really the full cold start procedure.

Clicked start selecting on map,
selected some waypoints
clicked begin transfer
watched the waypoints get entered

My cursor is modified, so it's not a pink dot, 

Thanks for the video mate, I have tried but to me seems to be entering erratic inputs everytime (all other scripts disabled):

5 hours ago, malarcky said:

Thanks for the video mate, I have tried but to me seems to be entering erratic inputs everytime (all other scripts disabled):

Do you have a really high framerate?

I looks like it's trying to enter it too quick.

I limit my fps to 60, I don't need more than that for DCS and it saves a little on energy.

16 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Do you have a really high framerate?

I looks like it's trying to enter it too quick.

I limit my fps to 60, I don't need more than that for DCS and it saves a little on energy.

Maybe 120 fps on that map being almost empty, but it happen to me in multiplayer too with lower fps.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:35 AM, swartbyron said:

Any Black Shark 3 support in the works?

The file below is a replacement exe for the way, using Comrade Doge's source code, it works with the Ka50_3

On 1/15/2023 at 9:17 AM, malarcky said:

Maybe 120 fps on that map being almost empty, but it happen to me in multiplayer too with lower fps.

I've also modified it to have a slighly longer delay between button presses in the M2000C

Feel free to try if you wish, or wait for Comrade Doge to do an update. (see two posts down for file)

Edited by jonsky7
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

The file below is a replacement exe for the way, using Comrade Doge's source code, it works with the Ka50_3

I've also modified it to have a slighly longer delay between button presses in the M2000C

Feel free to try if you wish, or wait for Comrade Doge to do an update.

theway-slower m2000 and ka50_3.exe 678.2 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the help buddy, I have tried but ask me to install JRE 10, I have updated already.

18 minutes ago, malarcky said:

Thanks for the help buddy, I have tried but ask me to install JRE 10, I have updated already.

Did you put it in the same location as TheWay.exe?

Try this one, It should go in a folder, alongside the folder called "jre"

basically in the same location as your original TheWay.exe but it doesn't have to replace it.

theway-slower m2000 and ka50_3.1.exe

Edited by jonsky7

2 minutes ago, malarcky said:

Yeah, tried just putting on the same folder, and deleteing the older one and change the name to the original but same popup apprears.

I've packaged the above file a bit differently, I'm not very good at this stuff, but I got it to work, but I may have downloaded the Java SDK or something. I think the above looks for the jre folder instead.

On 1/15/2023 at 9:34 PM, jonsky7 said:

I've packaged the above file a bit differently, I'm not very good at this stuff, but I got it to work, but I may have downloaded the Java SDK or something. I think the above looks for the jre folder instead.

Did the other one work?

• 1 month later...

Trying to get this to work in the Apache, I select several points on F10 map, go to cockpit and Begin transfer to DCS, I confirm I am in the pilot seat, I can see things happening on the right MFD and the Lat Long data is being entered into the keyboard, but I don't get any extra waypoints or targetpoints. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by andyfoot

10 hours ago, andyfoot said:

Trying to get this to work in the Apache, I select several points on F10 map, go to cockpit and Begin transfer to DCS, I confirm I am in the pilot seat, I can see things happening on the right MFD and the Lat Long data is being entered into the keyboard, but I don't get any extra waypoints or targetpoints. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The waypoints are probably being entered into the system, but they don't automatically create a route.

TheWay only creates waypoints, but you can still use a waypoint for targeting.

Probably be better to watch a video on how to make a route

https://youtu.be/YwuK2j2q4EY

Edited by jonsky7

Jonsky7, thank you for your reply, but this isn't the case. The waypoints are not getting entered into the system, for example I use the instant action ramp start, which already has 6 waypoints in the system, after I transfer I still have the same 6 waypoints, with the same original coordinates.

14 hours ago, andyfoot said:

Jonsky7, thank you for your reply, but this isn't the case. The waypoints are not getting entered into the system, for example I use the instant action ramp start, which already has 6 waypoints in the system, after I transfer I still have the same 6 waypoints, with the same original coordinates.

Ah sorry, I'm not able to get to my computer at the moment to check, but I'm pretty sure it has worked in the Apache this current open.beta patch.

I dont recall anything needing changing in the Apache, but there is a slightly modified version of the theway.exe a few posts up. It was for the addition of BS3 and to help someone with the m2000c. It is the one I use if you want to give that one a go.

On 2/22/2023 at 2:32 AM, NIGHTHAWK11 said:

mine only works offline is there a fix so i can use it online

If you have it working sp, it should work mp.

One thing to note is that you must choose your aircraft slot before selecting points.

Edited by jonsky7

I am using the F18 and I can't seem to get the way to function.

The program loads, it opens up so i can select point on map, but nothing happens. 

I suspect it's the lua file. I had to edit the export lua file as there is already one. 

this is my export lua file attached, maybe you can see my issue?

Export.lua

2 hours ago, PaulSummer said:

will this be updated to work with the KA50-III 

This one works with KA50_3 if you wish to use it until Comrade Doge does an update.

It's just exe, goes in the same place as theway.exe.

You can rename it or use it as is.

https://forum.dcs.world/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=303057&key=ce9e69df97ef9fd394adc9b6e1006bed

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, greyeagle787 said:

This looks fantastic but can someone make it work in VR? 😀

A solution I can think of for VR is to have key binds implemented, so that you can operate the GUI while in the VR environment.

I have this planned but the code is not ideal currently and needs to be rewritten from scratch. This will make up version 2 of the program. I have only recently begun writing it.

Edited by Comrade Doge