Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

I dont think this is working for the harrier.

It works ok with one or two waypoints, but for a high number of waypoints it screws up and the tpod doesnt want to track them.  Not sure what the issue is.

As I mentioned F18 is spot on, harrier could you look at it if you have time?  i really love the harrier and would love for this to work with it!  🙂

2 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

Any ideas?

Because of the coordinate system used in the Harrier, degrees minutes seconds D.M.S., it's not possible to have an accuracy below 80m I believe it is.

Until the Harrier is able to accept, degrees minutes decimal minutes DD.MM.mmm, or degrees minutes seconds decimal seconds DD.MM.SS.ss, that's as about as accurate as its able to achieve I'm afraid.

The Harrier does have the target points from a map marker system, which is accurate as it uses the DD.MM.mmm system.

• Like 1

Hi, Thanks for the reply!

THats a shame, the mod is excellent!

I have tried to use the map point system, but when I come to the knee board to add the waypoints in, nothing happens.  

I name the wp's T00 T01 etc then go to knee board and try to add them but it doesnt work. L(

8 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

Hi, Thanks for the reply!

THats a shame, the mod is excellent!

I have tried to use the map point system, but when I come to the knee board to add the waypoints in, nothing happens.  

I name the wp's T00 T01 etc then go to knee board and try to add them but it doesnt work. L(

Yeah, the kneeboard doesn't update when you're in the air I think.

But when you press RCTRL+8 (iirc) the targets are actually transferred to the CAS system.

After importing, go to CAS page, then to RCAL (recall) page, and you'll see your targets 😁

If you're on the ground when you do the import, the targets will get a number assigned automatically, if you're in the air you have to do that manually.

Edited by jonsky7

1 hour ago, Chad Vader said:

I noticed you only seem to be able to plan 9 targets... I do t10 and it doesnt plan that target though.

In single player it seems to erase the first target for some reason, RAZBAM suggest that you first place a marker T00 on the map somewhere near your targets, then start on your actual targets at T01.

Don't seem to need the T00 in multiplayer.

I think you can do 18 at a time, but there's only 10 assignable targets so I only do 10 at a time.

Edited by jonsky7

38 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

Thanks .. Hm, still.. I place T00 - T10 on the map but in the CAS page I only see T1-T9.  Doesnt seem to recognise t10.

Do you see Tx?

X=10 in this case

Edited by jonsky7

Hey all, new update to mitigate some bugs that have been noted so far:

• Fixed input problems with Mirage, Harrier and Apache at high FPS
  • Fixed Apache CPG desync by adding a dialog to choose the seat you are in (most notable in multiplayer)

If you are upgrading from an older version, simply extract the new 'The Way' folder contained in the .zip file into your existing folder, overriding any files, and replace your old 'TheWay.lua' file in your Saved Games with the new one. If this is your first installation, follow the instructions in the GitHub readme.

Download from here: https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/releases/tag/v1.5.1

@beechy65@naloxoneIf you are having trouble with the install, make sure you have followed the instructions carefully. If it still doesn't work, DM me on the forum or Discord so I can take a closer look.

Screenshot_9.png

I use VR. Apparently everyone knows, one cannot use TheWay with VR in any reasonable manner.

There is another app--a plugin actually--which also collects position data from the F10 Map to process it. This is the DCS Scratchpad In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR! .

Since DCS Scratchpad works entirely from within DCS, it works seamlessly in VR. You might be able to pickup some tips on how to make TheWay work as a plugin as well, so that the UI is available to users in VR as well.

Thanks.

EDIT

When I posted this, I hadn't seen that Scratchpad has already been a theme in this thread.

My thoughts on combining the functionality of both mods. The way Scratchpad works, there would never be the need for an external Windows app to be running--as far as I know. As with Scratchpad, the UI would be built into a hooked script to collect the points on the F10 Map. Then the data could be read into the TheWay's app side for processing.

What I cannot say is whether the TheWay app can be called through the hooked script, or whether it would have to be running outside DCS as it does now. This idea would simply use Scratchpads method of gathering the F10 Map point instead of the TheWay method.

Maybe the author of Scratchpad, rkusa,  could shed some light on the posibilty.

Edited by Captain Orso
New info
  • Thanks 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

39 minutes ago, Eroxz564 said:

Do i need to be in some special mode in the A-10CII for it work ? becouse nothing happens

It should work as it is, the waypoints input instantly so you might not notice anything happening. Check the waypoint list amd they should be there.

3 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

It should work as it is, the waypoints input instantly so you might not notice anything happening. Check the waypoint list amd they should be there.

Will check that thx for the heads up 😄

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :pilotfly:

Pierre Thuresson

30 minutes ago, LtRyan said:

GJ, is it possible to add stuff in the bombs? For PP Modes?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly... Are you referring to the Hornet PRECISE mode? If that's a yes, then it's already implemented, all waypoints for the Hornet will be in the PRECISE format.

3 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

I'm not sure what you mean exactly... Are you referring to the Hornet PRECISE mode? If that's a yes, then it's already implemented, all waypoints for the Hornet will be in the PRECISE format.

No I mean JDAM PP Mode, where you enter the coords for targets via pre planned mode. Those coords go right into the jdam, its no waypoint

13 minutes ago, LtRyan said:

No I mean JDAM PP Mode, where you enter the coords for targets via pre planned mode. Those coords go right into the jdam, its no waypoint

I see... I don't have the Hornet so I am not too well versed in how it works and its full feature set. As a workaround, try to use TOO with waypoint designation for now.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

I see... I don't have the Hornet so I am not too well versed in how it works and its full feature set. As a workaround, try to use TOO with waypoint designation for now.

Thats what I did, it works but its better in PP. There u can drop all at once without changing manually waypoint and designate it again

This is brilliant! Tested in the F-16 and works perfectly, when I imported a set of waypoints into the Apache and the KA-50 it just imports a discrete set of points and not a course like you get in the F-16.  Any way of making the separate wp's into a navigation track?

2 minutes ago, Sprool said:

This is brilliant! Tested in the F-16 and works perfectly, when I imported a set of waypoints into the Apache and the KA-50 it just imports a discrete set of points and not a course like you get in the F-16.  Any way of making the separate wp's into a navigation track?

Hello, from what I can tell the F-16 does this routing automatically, when in fact it should be dictated by a data cartridge. For the Apache, the procedure is a but convoluted to get the rounting to work programmatically... I need a bit more time in the helicopter to devise a way to make it work.

5 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

Hello, from what I can tell the F-16 does this routing automatically, when in fact it should be dictated by a data cartridge. For the Apache, the procedure is a but convoluted to get the rounting to work programmatically... I need a bit more time in the helicopter to devise a way to make it work.

You can select the routing to automatic or manual