Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

14 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

A solution I can think of for VR is to have key binds implemented, so that you can operate the GUI while in the VR environment.

I have this planned but the code is not ideal currently and needs to be rewritten from scratch. This will make up version 2 of the program. I have only recently begun writing it.

That sounds great, will look for v2! But can we not now create a keyboard command in properties to call up the .exe? Then just use mouse interaction with the app in VR?

1 minute ago, greyeagle787 said:

That sounds great, will look for v2! But can we not now create a keyboard command in properties to call up the .exe? Then just use mouse interaction with the app in VR?

I am not too certain how the VR moise interaction happens, I have not owned a headset ... but if you can somehow have the GUI accesibile, either by a keyboard shortcut, it should work as normal

6 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

I am not too certain how the VR moise interaction happens, I have not owned a headset ... but if you can somehow have the GUI accesibile, either by a keyboard shortcut, it should work as normal

Thanks, am away currently but will try and let you know when I return

My friend has problem with app, the app is reporting an error "No Connection with DCS" when he attempted to click button "Select Point"

Anyone had this and fixed?

The module is F/A-18

It works for me fine, we double checked installation instruction, everything fine there, at least we think.

EDIT: We managed to fix it a minute ago, not sure if this was causing problem, but after placing a file lottafGameGUI.lua in DCS\Scripts\Hooks folder which was missing in his folder (I sent to him) the app started working.

Edited by MrG721

DCS Steam Edition Hangar:

DCS.png

3 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

In F-16, anyone noticed that Waypoint 1 is always empty? All other waypoint are there. Is this solvable?

null

image.png

Waypoint 1 should be your starting position. TheWay always increments to waypoint 2 to not override it. In this mission though it seems like you don't have any home position set.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Comrade Doge said:

Waypoint 1 should be your starting position. TheWay always increments to waypoint 2 to not override it. In this mission though it seems like you don't have any home position set.

No I don't. I just installed the app and did some offline test, thats all. So if this is like you said, then ok. Thx

2 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

No I don't. I just installed the app and did some offline test, thats all. So if this is like you said, then ok. Thx

I always click down so it shows waypoint 699, when theway starts it's input it does so at waypoint 1

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrG721 said:

My friend has problem with app, the app is reporting an error "No Connection with DCS" when he attempted to click button "Select Point"

Anyone had this and fixed?

The module is F/A-18

It works for me fine, we double checked installation instruction, everything fine there, at least we think.

EDIT: We managed to fix it a minute ago, not sure if this was causing problem, but after placing a file lottafGameGUI.lua in DCS\Scripts\Hooks folder which was missing in his folder (I sent to him) the app started working.

We thought that we fixed but problem appeared today again

"No Connection to DCS detected"

@Comrade Doge Can you help or investigate? Do you need any log file that might help? Any advise?

DCS Steam Edition Hangar:

DCS.png

7 hours ago, MrG721 said:

We thought that we fixed but problem appeared today again

"No Connection to DCS detected"

@Comrade Doge Can you help or investigate? Do you need any log file that might help? Any advise?

I am currently in the middle of rewriting the whole codebase including the lua files, so it's a good change I will spot any issues. In the meanwhile, send me your dcs.log file in PMs and I'll see if I can get further clues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Airbarba said:

Working great here,just discovered it,great job!

Any chance that FC3 based planes or MODS could be implemented like Rafale from Cuesta brothers?or how can you edit or add them?!

Thx

Hello, unfortunately I am not aware of a method to implement this for FC3 based modules... their waypoints must be declared in the mission file

1 hour ago, Comrade Doge said:

Hello, unfortunately I am not aware of a method to implement this for FC3 based modules... their waypoints must be declared in the mission file

Thx for feedback,what if MODs avionics is based on F18C?

rgr

Screen_230317_123825.jpg

On 3/15/2023 at 11:20 AM, Comrade Doge said:

In that case it should work as expected, assuming the mod replicates the original Hornet cockpit layout

Just installed latest F16I SUFA v3.5 that is based on F16CM50 and no go!

When in F16CM50 pit than all is ok,so its about MOD naming  or plug?

Just keep on,great job!

Thx

Screen_230317_123625.jpg

Edited by Airbarba

Has anyone found a good workaround to make this work in VR?  Man this would be a game changer for VR users!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

That would be awesome!  Your App is such a huge convenience and time saver!  I know the VR community would be so appreciative!  

I'm going to try and test a 2D/VR workaround.  May look to take off my VR headset and capture the stuff on F10 and hit the enter button and then go back in the headset etc...see if I can find a way to make it work.  We'll see lol..

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

7 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

For the next version I will try to implement keybinds which hopefully will solve the issue.

Question for you. If we could arrange to send you a VR headset or set up a donation so you could buy one…. Would you be interested in developing a VR version?  

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

5 hours ago, Greekbull said:

Question for you. If we could arrange to send you a VR headset or set up a donation so you could buy one…. Would you be interested in developing a VR version?  

Hello, if I had a VR headset I'd probably try and make it work, but the issue is that I'm not familiar with developing VR applications at all... However, I am in the middle of rewriting the whole application to allow for keybinds to be used, and that hopefully can alleviate some of the VR issues. If they don't, you could load up a file which you have created in a 2D environment and import it when using VR, and just transfer them right away.

Edited by Comrade Doge

On 3/17/2023 at 12:33 PM, Airbarba said:

Screen_230317_123825.jpg

Just installed latest F16I SUFA v3.5 that is based on F16CM50 and no go!

When in F16CM50 pit than all is ok,so its about MOD naming  or plug?

Just keep on,great job!

Thx

Screen_230317_123625.jpg

Is there a solution for MODS?

Thx