Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

45 minutes ago, WombatAU said:

Oh, so i dont need to ALT+Y to change in map coordinates?
Can leave it as default. Or even better ALT-Y to N## ##.## and it throws in an extra digit for added precision.

No idea why I had it in my head to select the most decimal point coordinate.

You don't need to change the in-map coordinates for the program to work (hence why it's not a step listed in the instructions). TheWay uses the internal mechanism of DCS to get those coordinates, so feel free to set the map coordinates to whichever format you like, it will not affect the program.

9 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

Hi Doge, trying this mod in f16 and the coords seem to enter ok but when i look at the point with my TGP the points are off and not looking at the correct point i asked for.  Any ideas?

Have you tried cursor zero on the TGP beforehand? The TGP starts with an unknown amount of deviation from the steerpoint in the beginning, a cursor zero action should point it in the right direction.

26 minutes ago, plaiskool said:

hello,

I followed the exact procedure and i'm getting an Error when trying to save coordinates with map pointer.
At first it was showing no connection de dcs detected, and now just error.

Thank you for your help

Could you PM me a video of the issue? I want to see what error you're talking about and if there's a bug to fix

1 hour ago, plaiskool said:

Thanks for replying Comrade!

Man...now it's working...i don't know how....^^

Can you tell me if we can extract a .json file with all the coordinates from "the way', so we can select a specific file for specific mission like a cartridge?

That feature has been indeed highly requested and implemented already by some forks of my application by talented contributors, but hopefully I can integrate it into my own version when I can get back to working on it...

On 9/14/2022 at 12:44 AM, JIGGAwest said:

The process I usually use is:

Set coordinates to Precise 

HSI DATA page up on left MFCD

HSI DATA page up on bottom MFCD

Set waypoint to the last entered waypoint

Then hit transfer to DCS button

Thank you for the feedback.

I remind I am using a F18 hornet.

Unfortunately it does not work for me. I selected 2 wpts on F10 map, clicked on PRECISE on DATA page, and made the transfer. I ended up with two WPT created but both have the same coords. Maybe those from the first wpt selected. This is odd. Any hint on what I am doing wrong?

Edited by Vic64

hello all right, I was doing a test with the way and before getting on an aircraft, I access the map first and collect the coordinates and after I get on an aircraft I call and pass the coordinates they don't work, I realized that I have to enter first and then collect the coordinates, is there no way to make it work before getting on an aircraft?

5 hours ago, Blaine Stars said:

hello all right, I was doing a test with the way and before getting on an aircraft, I access the map first and collect the coordinates and after I get on an aircraft I call and pass the coordinates they don't work, I realized that I have to enter first and then collect the coordinates, is there no way to make it work before getting on an aircraft?

Unfortunately at this point you have to be in a jet for TheWay to properly store the waypoints (since certain jets have a limit on how many you can choose, so the program must know how many to allow you to select). This could be adjusted for another version...

6 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

Infelizmente neste ponto você tem que estar em um jato para que o TheWay armazene corretamente os waypoints (já que certos jatos têm um limite de quantos você pode escolher, então o programa deve saber quantos permitir que você selecione). Isso pode ser ajustado para outra versão...

I would really appreciate if the next version already had this adjustment. thanks.

Hey doge, im seeing loads of errors from the way on my server log:

[string "C:\Users\profile\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/TheWay.lua"]:126: in function <[string "C:\Users\profile\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/TheWay.lua"]:112>.
2022-10-07 15:47:01.958 WARNING LOG: 77 duplicate message(s) skipped.

And now it doesnt seem to work with my a10

Any ideas?

Edited by Chad Vader

1 minute ago, Chad Vader said:

Hey doge, im seeing loads of errors from the way on my server log:

[string "C:\Users\profile\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/TheWay.lua"]:126: in function <[string "C:\Users\profile\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/TheWay.lua"]:112>.
2022-10-07 15:47:01.958 WARNING LOG: 77 duplicate message(s) skipped.

And now it doesnt seem to work with my a10

Any ideas?

The errors shouldn't do any harm, maybe I will take a look at them in more detail when I have time... Regarding the A10, PM me a video and I will have a look

Soo the error occurs when I run my dedicated server.  The way works when playing with the server turned off, but it breaks and does nothing while the server is running.   

Just getting lots and lots of these errors in client and server log 

[string "C:\Users\tarko\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/TheWay.lua"]:126: in function <[string "C:\Users\tarko\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/TheWay.lua"]:112>.
2022-10-07 16:08:38.150 WARNING LOG: 18 duplicate message(s) skipped.
2022-10-07 16:08:38.159 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\tarko\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/TheWay.lua"]:126: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:

Edited by Chad Vader

• 2 weeks later...

Got a slight problem with the Harrier and would love some help. I must be doing something wrong as the Hornet is a dream. I put it in NAV Mode and select DATA and make sure it is in WPT. I set the waypoints with The Way and when I proceed to Transfer, I get bizarre waypoints.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great.

*Resolved-Disregard

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if someone has already brought this up but the Harrier no longer pulls the elevation from the map automatically when adding waypoints which can mess up targeting. I was hoping this could be updated to grab elevation for the Harrier waypoints so everything works properly again

Edited by MACK2411

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the "No connection with DCS" error, seems to be some problem with my other scripts because when I disable all on the export.lua it works no problem. I use these ones: DCS-DTC, tacview, heliosexport, SRS, DMPS.

The problem seems to be DMPS, but even without it, at least with the M2000 it fails to input the waypoints. Anyone is using it with the mirage 2000?

Edited by malarcky

18 hours ago, malarcky said:

I have the "No connection with DCS" error, seems to be some problem with my other scripts because when I disable all on the export.lua it works no problem. I use these ones: DCS-DTC, tacview, heliosexport, SRS, DMPS.

The problem seems to be DMPS, but even without it, at least with the M2000 it fails to input the waypoints. Anyone is using it with the mirage 2000?

Just tested with M2000C, still working as intended for me.