Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

Comrade Doge

I think this is an amazing piece of work you have created. What a contribution to DCS World. Downloading this now to have a go. Will you be adding the Harrier to your list?

So glad I came across this mod as this will speed waypoint entry by miles. Been using Scratchpad which has been great.

Cheers 

5 minutes ago, tmansteve said:

Comrade Doge

I think this is an amazing piece of work you have created. What a contribution to DCS World. Downloading this now to have a go. Will you be adding the Harrier to your list?

So glad I came across this mod as this will speed waypoint entry by miles. Been using Scratchpad which has been great.

Cheers 

Hello, I hope it will suit you well! For the Harrier, I will be definitely looking forward to adding support for it, next modules coming now would be the Mirage, Black Shark and Gazelle currently. 

Just now, jonsky7 said:

Personally I would answer yes to this question.

Very well, I will try to find another solution then, maybe displaying it only on the first transfer with the hornet? Then it would be understandable you know how it works, and there should be no need to show it again ...

8 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

Very well, I will try to find another solution then, maybe displaying it only on the first transfer with the hornet? Then it would be understandable you know how it works, and there should be no need to show it again ...

Possible to add a "Do not show again" checkbox? Just an idea.

• Like 2

Just a thought, it would be fantastic for the GUI to display, and make editable, the extracted coordinates and elevations are for each waypoint, and/or to be able to able to name the waypoints.

For the extracted coordinates, I'm envisioning the F10 map being able to get you within the right ballpark of the target, but then a GCI can provide you the exact coordinates for specific targets around that waypoint. You can then just go into the GUI and update the coordinates based off what the GCI has given you. Then if you crash or need to restart, the exact target coordinates from the GCI are still stored in the GUI

For naming the waypoints, the scenario I'm envisioning is you start out on the ramp with multiple possible target locations, say multiple SAM sites or mulitple FARP's. You can label in the GUI what threat is at each waypoint as a reminder (i.e. WP1 = SA6, WP2 = FARP #1, WP3 = SA2, etc.) so that you can reference it while in flight.

Love the tool!!

1 hour ago, lethal205 said:

Just a thought, it would be fantastic for the GUI to display, and make editable, the extracted coordinates and elevations are for each waypoint, and/or to be able to able to name the waypoints.

For the extracted coordinates, I'm envisioning the F10 map being able to get you within the right ballpark of the target, but then a GCI can provide you the exact coordinates for specific targets around that waypoint. You can then just go into the GUI and update the coordinates based off what the GCI has given you. Then if you crash or need to restart, the exact target coordinates from the GCI are still stored in the GUI

For naming the waypoints, the scenario I'm envisioning is you start out on the ramp with multiple possible target locations, say multiple SAM sites or mulitple FARP's. You can label in the GUI what threat is at each waypoint as a reminder (i.e. WP1 = SA6, WP2 = FARP #1, WP3 = SA2, etc.) so that you can reference it while in flight.

Love the tool!!

Hello, I remember I talked with you on Hoggit Discord as well, very good ideas that I will try and integrate into the next version of the program, v2. It will be quite a complex task, but many requested a new GUI with editable waypoints and the ability to import csv files as well... 

As a sidenote on development, these weeks I am away from home and progress is kinda slow on my laptop 😀 however I managed to tackle the issue of multiple maps not working, and in the next version every map should be working properly. 

Stay tuned 👍

• Thanks 1

@Comrade Doge Very much looking forward to the next update.

In the mean time I have put together something for the Harrier.

The problem with the Harrier is the only coordinate type you can manually enter is DMS (DD°MM'SS) and not the decimal minutes all of the other aircraft are able to use (DD°MM.mmm), it's not a very accurate system with a possible error of around 100ft (30m) in both Latitude and Longitude. 

I don't know if you can do anything with that, a calculation to convert the coordinates maybe.

The harrier does have Razbam's F10 Map marker to CAS import going for it though.

AV8BNA.java

Edited by jonsky7

10 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

@Comrade Doge Very much looking forward to the next update.

In the mean time I have put together something for the Harrier.

The problem with the Harrier is the only coordinate type you can manually enter is DMS (DD°MM'SS) and not the decimal minutes all of the other aircraft are able to use (DD°MM.mmm), it's not a very accurate system with a possible error of around 100ft (30m) in both Latitude and Longitude. 

I don't know if you can do anything with that, a calculation to convert the coordinates maybe.

The harrier does Razbam's F10 Map marker to CAS import going for it though.

AV8BNA.java 9.99 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the help, don't worry about the coordinates, I will be making a new conversion for DMS... I will also adapt your code to be compatible with the latest refactoring I did to allow all the maps to work. Next in the pipeline for modules would be Mirage, Black Shark, Gazelle and Harrier ... Hopefully I can integrate all of them into the v2 version, the hard part will be the GUI though. I am getting excited as the project nears being almost complete, thanks to all your support and help! 

Edited by Comrade Doge

12 minutes ago, tmansteve said:

Comrade, is it or will it be possible to incorporate TheWay with a keybind so you can bring it up in DCS as the Scratchpad mod does? Or have I missed something.

Cheers

Hello, that is indeed one of the requests I am trying to add, not sure if it will be possible however, as of right now, the window needs focus to get the keypresses. I will try to go around it if I can...

• Like 2

Congratulations and thank you for this application! 

But I have two questions

How can we remove the purple dot in the center of the screen without deleting the coordinates recorded? 

And in the most technical I would like to make some test to add options to your application and if it works you submit them if you are interested but I do not understand how you do to make an .exe from your github code ...

9 hours ago, angely said:

Congratulations and thank you for this application! 

But I have two questions

How can we remove the purple dot in the center of the screen without deleting the coordinates recorded? 

And in the most technical I would like to make some test to add options to your application and if it works you submit them if you are interested but I do not understand how you do to make an .exe from your github code ...

Hello, the purple dot remaining on screen is a bug which I will fix in the next version. To run my code in your own environment you would need an IDE such as Intellij and open the project folder with it, then you could run it.

5 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

@Comrade Doge  The latest open.beta update has changed the input for the F-16 slightly. It needs an extra Data control switch down press to get to the latitude, and an extra one up to get back to the steerpoint selection

F16.java 11.79 kB · 0 downloads

Hello, I was made aware yesterday yes... I will push a hotfix today

Hey all! Updating all of you with a hotfix for the F-16 that was rushed in by ED adding the new MGRS coordinate conversion feature, that changed the procedure slightly. I also took the opportunity to add some new things in, changelist here:

• Support for all in game maps such as NTTR, Marianas etc which didn't work previously

• F-16 Hotfix

• Hornet pilots are now required to manually box PRECISE before transfer, the GUI will remind them of this

• Fixed bug when the dot stays on screen after transfer

• New look and feel of the GUI (temporary until a new one is built, but let me know what you think)

To install this version from a previous one, I recommend extracting the main The Way folder contained in the releases .zip file to a location of your choosing, and launching the .exe from there. 

The new GUI is temporary until I finish building the new one. I took your suggestions so far about it for the next version.

Download from here: https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Thank you for all your support! 

Edited by Comrade Doge
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MVS-Viper said:

CD thanks for this app.  This thing works great.

Anyone figure out how to make it work in VR?

Also, is there a way to transfer the waypoint data to your wingman in multiplayer?

Hello, thanks for the appreciation. I plan to make a new GUI which would support waypoints being entered as files, so you could share that file to your friends and they could enter the exact same waypoints.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2021 at 3:26 PM, Comrade Doge said:

Hey all! Updating all of you with a hotfix for the F-16 that was rushed in by ED adding the new MGRS coordinate conversion feature, that changed the procedure slightly. I also took the opportunity to add some new things in, changelist here:

• Support for all in game maps such as NTTR, Marianas etc which didn't work previously

• F-16 Hotfix

• Hornet pilots are now required to manually box PRECISE before transfer, the GUI will remind them of this

• New look and feel of the GUI (temporary until a new one is built, but let me know what you think)

To install this version from a previous one, I recommend extracting the main The Way folder contained in the releases .zip file to a location of your choosing, and launching the .exe from there. 

The new GUI is temporary until I finish building the new one. I took your suggestions so far about it for the next version.

Loving the new colour scheme. The app as a whole is awesome, I use it nearly every mission, thanks again for sharing it!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:26 PM, Comrade Doge said:

• F-16 Hotfix

Awesome, loving the new UI. great work as always

• Like 1