Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

24 minutes ago, Luwunar said:

Very excited for Apache update, The Way is my favorite DCS third party addition 😄

Finally remembered how to package it up. So if you like you can try my modified version out until Comrade Doge comes out with a proper update.

It just puts waypoints into the system, you still have to make your own routes etc.

It works from the CPG seat in single player, though it is entering the information in the pilot seat.

Bit hit and miss from the CPG seat in multiplayer, due to sync issues I think.

HERE

TheWay2.zip

Edited by jonsky7

5 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

This would be amazing for viggen to avoid having to load the tape.  Any support for that?

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Viggen already have the capability to add steerpoints from the F10 map? Same for the JF-17 and the F-14, hence why I didn't add them in...

Thanks to the wonderful contribution of @jonsky7, the AH-64 Apache is now supported!
I have tested it with both Pilot and CP/G seats, and everything appears to be in order, but as always, waiting for everyone's feedback as well! (as a note, the copilot seat appears to take a bit longer to enter the waypoints as opposed to the pilot seat).

For multiplayer I'd advise letting the Pilot enter the waypoints, due to potential issues with multircrew synchronization at the moment...

If you are upgrading from an older version, simply extract the new 'The Way' folder contained in the .zip file into your existing folder, overriding any files, and replace your old 'TheWay.lua' file in your Saved Games with the new one.

Download from here: https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/releases/tag/v1.5.0

Screen_220322_165547.png

Edited by Comrade Doge
  • Like 1

This is amazing!  Thank you!

Idea:

One thing I miss from "that other sim" is the ability to input threats into the aircraft such as SAMs and AAA--which say in the F-16 HSD would show threat circles.  The Apache also has the ability to display threat circles--or will.  Any plans on adding this addition feature to designate threats?

BMS has a great way to manually define and input these and is an essential part of pre-flight on every sortie.

Edited by Mr_Blastman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr_Blastman said:

This is amazing!  Thank you!

Idea:

One thing I miss from "that other sim" is the ability to input threats into the aircraft such as SAMs and AAA--which say in the F-16 HSD would show threat circles.  The Apache also has the ability to display threat circles--or will.  Any plans on adding this addition feature to designate threats?

BMS has a great way to manually define and input these and is an essential part of pre-flight on every sortie.

Hello, great ideas. At the moment I am not too familiar with the helicopter's systems, and these advanced features would probably require a new user interface to be designed... I'll keep this in mind for the future.

2 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

Thanks to the wonderful contribution of @jonsky7, the AH-64 Apache is now supported!
I have tested it with both Pilot and CP/G seats, and everything appears to be in order, but as always, waiting for everyone's feedback as well! (as a note, the copilot seat appears to take a bit longer to enter the waypoints as opposed to the pilot seat).

If you are upgrading from an older version, simply extract the new 'The Way' folder contained in the .zip file into your existing folder, overriding any files, and replace your old 'TheWay.lua' file in your Saved Games with the new one.

Download from here: https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/releases/tag/v1.5.0

Screen_220322_165547.png

Thanks, but it's all you really.

One thing I tried to do was have an extra button that would be an alternative "Transfer to DCS" button, this would then force the use of a separate planes commands file for the Apache that would have the code to send the correct commands for the CPG seat. 

As it is, it works fine in single player from either seat, and I have only tried it once in multiplayer, it put the first waypoint in then got out of sync.
This might be because I joined the CPG seat well after take-off and might have just been a desync issue. Or maybe the inputs were just a bit too quick for over the network.

Anyway, cheers for the update 👍

3 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

Thanks, but it's all you really.

One thing I tried to do was have an extra button that would be an alternative "Transfer to DCS" button, this would then force the use of a separate planes commands file for the Apache that would have the code to send the correct commands for the CPG seat. 

As it is, it works fine in single player from either seat, and I have only tried it once in multiplayer, it put the first waypoint in then got out of sync.
This might be because I joined the CPG seat well after take-off and might have just been a desync issue. Or maybe the inputs were just a bit too quick for over the network.

Anyway, cheers for the update 👍

I see... I never tested it in multiplayer, when I do I'll probably look into the synchronization further. Until then, the best move would be to let the pilot do the waypoints...

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 4:55 AM, O_Edge said:

Hey Comrade... thanks for this great tool.... unfortunately I can't find any "theWay.exe" file to execute.

kind regards...

O_Edge and others having difficulty with the .exe file....... admittedly a layman's idea here but is your OS virus protection possibly deleting the downloaded .exe? Don't mean to presume anything of your systems savvy; I wish I could totally uninstall Windows Defender, SmartScreen, etc. as it's excessively "helpful".

18 minutes ago, salsantana said:

O_Edge and others having difficulty with the .exe file....... admittedly a layman's idea here but is your OS virus protection possibly deleting the downloaded .exe? Don't mean to presume anything of your systems savvy; I wish I could totally uninstall Windows Defender, SmartScreen, etc. as it's excessively "helpful".

Might be the antivirus, however unlikely, I have not heard of it interfering with my software... What might be the case is downloading the source code from GitHub instead of downloading from the Releases section. Only the Releases section contains the exe, not the source code.

33 minutes ago, Sobakopes said:

Support hind please. 

Not sure if that would be possible, as the Hind does not have a conventional INS based coordinate system for waypoints, and the map markers for it's doppler navigation are entered through the mission editor.

This is amazing 

I have a suggestion and maybe you can make it happen.

let’s say you fly in a group of 4 planes. The leader will discuss and create the flight plan by moving the cursor on the f10 map and selecting the weapons. Once he has selected all the waypoint, and before uploading them into the dcs airplane or helicopter, would it be possible to generate a file (via a button, and containing the data created while selecting the waypoints), that could be then transferred, let’s say via teamspeak or discord to your wingmen ?

that way the wingmen could download said file, and via a proper button on the tool, import and upload it in the tool, skipping the waypoint creating process (already done by the leader), yet downloading the same exact waypoints as their leader into their airplane ?  Having a matching flight plan for a mission is often critical.

i dont think it should be very difficult because you are probably already generating said file while selecting the waypoints. It would be matter of creating a export button and file format, and then an import button ?

this would be even 10x more valuable on multiplayer servers!

can I help you in any way making this happen ?

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

1 minute ago, FZG_Immel said:

This is amazing 

I have a suggestion and maybe you can make it happen.

let’s say you fly in a group of 4 planes. The leader will discuss and create the flight plan by moving the cursor on the f10 map and selecting the weapons. Once he has selected all the waypoint, and before uploading them into the dcs airplane or helicopter, would it be possible to generate a file, that could be transferred, let’s say via teamspeak or discord ?

that way the wingmen could download said file, and via a proper button on the tool, upload it in the tool, skipping the waypoint creating process (already done by the leader), yet downloading the same exact waypoints as their leader into the airplane ?

i dont think it should be very difficult because you are probably already generating said file while selecting the waypoints. It would be matter of creating a export button and file format, and then an import button ?

this would be even 10x more valuable on multiplayer servers!

can I help you in any way making this happen ?

Valuable suggestion and indeed many have asked for it in the past. It would require some tinkering with the GUI system to allow for that, I will note it down for the future.

Basically you would need two more buttons. One ‘export flight plan’ button that would be available once you created the first waypoint, and one ‘import flight’ plan that would be available before you created any waypoint.

im suspecting you are already generating a file when creating the waypoints in f10, so it would simply be a matter of being able to export that file in a simple format. And then, being able to use that file from third party, to instead create your own waypoints in f10, simply use the data in the file created by your leader.

im no coder but I have time to help and spend on teamspeak to discuss how it could be achieved. I can also help you financially if you need any third party software to make it happen. That would make your tool absolutely essential in DCS for multiplayer users.

tell me it is feasible ! Please !

thanks for everything you already have done! Fantastic 

Edited by FZG_Immel

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I may I found a bug. testing the AH-64D in Syria from the mission editor/fly mission, it would not work. 

it would work on caucasus, on a multiplayer server though

45 minutes ago, FZG_Immel said:

I may I found a bug. testing the AH-64D in Syria from the mission editor/fly mission, it would not work. 

it would work on caucasus, on a multiplayer server though

The bug seems to relate to high FPS, above 60... I will add more delay to the keypresses so that it would work better. In the meanwhile, try to use Vsync to limit the framerate to 60.

understood. well, not sure I can fly below 60fps, I am spoiled 😉

but a fix in the future will be a great addition !

thanks again !

On the viggen, it does but its clunky and you can only add them preflight.

Im trying to use this mod on the harrier and it seems every time i add a waypoint, then slave my targeting pod to said waypoint, the point is off by a fair way.

This doesnt happen in the f18 the points are fairly accurate.

Is there a correct way of selecting points in the harrier?

I mostly use this mod for target identification and markpoints.  Im using v 141

Thanks

Edited by Chad Vader