Litening pod won’t slew to waypoint

Mikeck

Did I miss something in an update on the litening TGP pod and waypoints? When I waypoint designate on either my HSI or SA, the TGP pod simply locks whatever area it’s looking at and won’t automatically slew to the selected waypoint. Been flying the F-18 for 2.5 years and never had an issue.

not sure how to find a target on the pod if I can’t use coordinates to create a waypoint and then hit weapon designate to make the pod jump to it

what am I not doing now that I should be?

atflir won’t slew automatically when I weapon designate the waypoint either

Theres an issue with it currently. You have to set the TDC to another MFD and THEN it start working again.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

when you bring the FLIR screen up, move it to the left MFCD instead. Let me clarify a tad bit - it comes up by default on the right MFD; turn it on, let it align and time itself out, then when your screen comes on, cycle it to the left MFCD. You can move it back to the right if you want, but for now until we get a hotfix this is how you get eyes back on.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Thanks 3

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 5/24/2021 at 12:16 PM, Hammer1-1 said:

when you bring the FLIR screen up, move it to the left MFCD instead. Let me clarify a tad bit - it comes up by default on the right MFD; turn it on, let it align and time itself out, then when your screen comes on, cycle it to the left MFCD. You can move it back to the right if you want, but for now until we get a hotfix this is how you get eyes back on.

thx  for  this  info  helped me  heaps

On 5/24/2021 at 3:16 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

This doesn't work for me.  Even  if I swap the FLIR to the left, the undesignate issue is still there.  Can't use JDAMs with mark points, multiple targets with MAVs etc.

Very surprised that this slipped through the net.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I havent tried this patch, although I didnt see it in the changelog either. From what Ive read, it was fixed internally, so I dont get why its not fixed yet. Maybe they made it worse? Ill try again later; my last few flights have been without a TPOD so I cant vouch for it since latest patch.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

On 5/24/2021 at 3:51 AM, Mikeck said:

Did I miss something in an update on the litening TGP pod and waypoints? When I waypoint designate on either my HSI or SA, the TGP pod simply locks whatever area it’s looking at and won’t automatically slew to the selected waypoint. Been flying the F-18 for 2.5 years and never had an issue.

not sure how to find a target on the pod if I can’t use coordinates to create a waypoint and then hit weapon designate to make the pod jump to it

what am I not doing now that I should be?

atflir won’t slew automatically when I weapon designate the waypoint either

@Mikeck, same here: 

Edited by skywalker22

On 5/24/2021 at 4:16 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

Works for me 🙂

You can see on my MFCD bellow that it goes selected the waypoint 4 where os my target.

image.png

I found the same. I wasn't sure if it was a change to how it SHOULD work or just a bug but now I find to slew the TGP to a waypoint I have to TDC to the MDI/AMPCD that I have the SA/HSI displayed on , then press the OBS for TGT designate. Then I can TDC back to the TGP.

For me I usually have TGP on left and SA/HSI on the AMPCD (middle). I go TDC down, select waypoint/markpoint, Traget desig on the AMPCD, then TDC left to adjust the TGP.

Edited by Ourorborus

Yep, it would seem that we have to set the SCS to the AMPCD to make the targeting work after the first designation.

Now, whether this is a bug or new behaviour, I don't know.  I don't see how this could work when trying to ripple JDAMs.

Has there been a bug report on this?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.  I was driving me crazy, can't be how it's suppose to work, has to be a bug.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

5 hours ago, imacken said:

Yep, it would seem that we have to set the SCS to the AMPCD to make the targeting work after the first designation.

Now, whether this is a bug or new behaviour, I don't know.  I don't see how this could work when trying to ripple JDAMs.

Has there been a bug report on this?

Its been fixed internally, so they say. They should have released it this past patch.

My wallpaper and skins

Is this Stable or Open Beta? I’m not noticing this on Stable. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Open Beta. 

Just now, A.P. Hill said:

•  

"Its been fixed internally, so they say. They should have released it this past patch."

Nope its still broken.

Duh.

My wallpaper and skins

What works for me is setting up the TPOd on the MfD of your choice. Then make the HUD SOI. Then you can click waypoint/target designate on the HSI or SA and the TPOd slews fine. Once it slews

ro the waypoint, make the TPOd MFD SOI and play as usual. Switching left and right never worked

so DMS up, then waypoint/target designate, then DMS back to whatever screen has the TPOd display and play as usual 

• Like 1

What works is making anything but the TPOD SOI. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 4:53 PM, Hammer1-1 said:

Its been fixed internally, so they say. They should have released it this past patch.

where did you see that is is 'fixed internally'?  Still broken in today's patch.  That's 2 now without a resolution for this.  You would think that if 'fixed internally', the patch would show that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imacken said:

where did you see that is is 'fixed internally'?  Still broken in today's patch.  That's 2 now without a resolution for this.  You would think that if 'fixed internally', the patch would show that.

Im going by what one of my squad reps stated. Ill try to pull up a link if I can, but this isnt the first thread about this issue.

My wallpaper and skins

standby

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins