Will you buy the russian version of Black Shark?

Kenan

Will you buy the russian version of Black Shark?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the russian version of Black Shark?

• Yes I will. I will need to learn russian. Is there a language course somewhere?
    • No I won't. I can't speak proper english, let alone russian
    • It's a conspiracy to turn us into ruskies. First learn the language, then the Ka-50..
    • I don't care. I'm a fighter pilot. Choppers are for ugly dudes who can't get a girlfriend.

Look at the advise from a beta tester. You are not going to jump into this KA-50 and fly. It is going to take a long time just to learn to fly this thing let alone take it into conflict. The beta tester said he has been using BS for 3 years and just getting used to flying it. You are going to need a lot of patience and reading and remembering where everything is located in the cockpit to fly this baby. When you have it mastered you will have accomplished something and feel proud. This is a true test of learning and how to fly a complex helicopter. This is truely a simulator and when mastered, it could be very deadly used in the right way. Congrats to BS for putting such time and effort into actual realism in a sim. Wishing ED all the best in a true simulator.

If you can handle the EH-101 and Jet Ranger in FSX, then the black shark will no prob, as stated, it's easier to get used to then a typical helicopter... that's from the pilot himself, i seen in a video on it.

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is: will you buy the Russian version, not will you fly it. I'm quite sure that, once it is available for download on the 17th, I will just not manage to resist buying it.

Whether I will be able to fly it, let alone in Russian, is a totally different question ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've waited this long so I can wait till the English version is released... besides I need to watch throughthe Notes.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Look at the advise from a beta tester. You are not going to jump into this KA-50 and fly. It is going to take a long time just to learn to fly this thing let alone take it into conflict. The beta tester said he has been using BS for 3 years and just getting used to flying it. You are going to need a lot of patience and reading and remembering where everything is located in the cockpit to fly this baby. When you have it mastered you will have accomplished something and feel proud. This is a true test of learning and how to fly a complex helicopter. This is truely a simulator and when mastered, it could be very deadly used in the right way. Congrats to BS for putting such time and effort into actual realism in a sim. Wishing ED all the best in a true simulator.

Don't scare people!

Being a beta tester, I can tell you that Ka-50 is not that complicated. If you are comfortable flying Su-25T and if you have decent joystick - you'll have no problems. You certainly won't need 3 years to get good at it!

Where everything is located, again you will start to remember quickly don't worry. And the fact that there are tooltips makes it even easier. Also you don't need to learn full ABRIS for successful mission completion. Yes, to learn Ka-50 from A to Z will take time, but core capabilities are not hard to master.

Personally within a week of getting early beta version I was fairly comfortable flying and blowing stuff up.

• Like 1

You have to be kidding that it took 3 years to get used to, The KA-50 is DESIGNED to be stable,

No, it isn't ;)

to reduce pilot workload. If you see those videos that are on normal (not casual) mode of people flying, you can see how relaxed they are on the controls and not exactly struggling.

The stabilizers help a lot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Don't scare people!

Being a beta tester, I can tell you that Ka-50 is not that complicated. If you are comfortable flying Su-25T and if you have decent joystick - you'll have no problems. You certainly won't need 3 years to get good at it!

Where everything is located, again you will start to remember quickly don't worry. And the fact that there are tooltips makes it even easier. Also you don't need to learn full ABRIS for successful mission completion. Yes, to learn Ka-50 from A to Z will take time, but core capabilities are not hard to master.

Personally within a week of getting early beta version I was fairly comfortable flying and blowing stuff up.

Let's not start this please. I think it is great that you have to learn how to do something other than jump in and fly. I am looking hard for that comment from the beta tester and it will be PM'ed to you. I am not trying to scare people, gees. Just saying this is a complex flight sim and that's great in my book and probably a lot of others. I am looking forward to BS and don't care how long it takes to learn it. Just trying to say that you just don't jump in and away you go. This sim is PERFECT. It simulates a real helicopter as much as they could simulate. That's a perfect reason to buy it, Not a silly video game but a very nice helicopter simulator. Wishing ED all the best. Waiting patiently for the CD version.:thumbup:

You just have to remember the distinction between being able to do something and mastering it. It really may take years to master everything you can do in the virtual Ka-50. However, starting in a ready hot pit on the runway and taking off to do some flying requires nothing that you don't already have as a flight simmer. To shoot stuff with guns and rockets, you only need a couple/few more keystrokes. However, that only scratches the surface of the depth of the simulation, so the level you want to experience is up to you.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

You just have to remember the distinction between being able to do something and mastering it. It really may take years to master everything you can do in the virtual Ka-50. However, starting in a ready hot pit on the runway and taking off to do some flying requires nothing that you don't already have as a flight simmer. To shoot stuff with guns and rockets, you only need a couple/few more keystrokes. However, that only scratches the surface of the depth of the simulation, so the level you want to experience is up to you.

Thank you Evil for that insight. As most of us do not know what you can or can not do in the cockpit, this is good news. Yes I think most people will like to master it or at least get close but nice to hear you can start off slow. Thanks for the fast and informative reply. cheers.:thumbup:

That makes sense. Its like Mower's old "weaponeering" business. After the fence check, you're basically past the complex stuff in terms of avionics.

After the fence check, you're basically past the complex stuff in terms of avionics.

Everything has levels of complexity. Just flying around is easy enough, but completing maneuvers with precision and professionalism is very difficult and takes a lot of practice. Same thing for fighting. You can take off and shoot stuff around your airbase without even a joystick, but a clean execution of a battle plan against randomized AI units with smart use of wingmen is an entirely different challenge. :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

I for one will be starting in realistic mode. After all is that not what it is all about. So I have a long road ahead but looking forward to it. I may not master it but I will be fighting with it. I was going to say something but for those who want realistic, practice, practice and more practice. Then go hunting. cheers.

I for one will be starting in realistic mode. After all is that not what it is all about. So I have a long road ahead but looking forward to it. I may not master it but I will be fighting with it. I was going to say something but for those who want realistic, practice, practice and more practice. Then go hunting. cheers.

+1 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I for one will be starting in realistic mode.

I think you misunderstood. By "levels of complexity" I didn't mean difficulty settings (easy vs. realistic). I meant the complexity of what you are trying to accomplish for yourself. Even in realistic mode, just flying around and shooting up your airbase is not hard, but that's just fooling around and having some fun. Precise flight and realistic combat employment can be very challenging though and takes knowledge and practice.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

I think the big question to Evil-Bivol is will us chaps in europe and the states actually be able to buy the russian DL version?

Any chance we can get an official answer on this? :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.dfa-squadron.co.uk

My rig:Intel i5 2500K @4.5Ghz ,ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe,MSI 1080 GTX Gaming X edition,16gig Cosair DDR3 2400Mhz RAM, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/Saitek pro pedals,TrackIR4

I think the big question to Evil-Bivol is will us chaps in europe and the states actually be able to buy the russian DL version?

Second that question!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Second that question!

cough..Bump :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.dfa-squadron.co.uk

My rig:Intel i5 2500K @4.5Ghz ,ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe,MSI 1080 GTX Gaming X edition,16gig Cosair DDR3 2400Mhz RAM, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/Saitek pro pedals,TrackIR4

ANSWER:

Not available downloadable Russian version at 17 October, only DVD by 1C. When we’ll decide about downloadable version we’ll announce it extra.

No DL version in Russia. We must wait till English version is comin'. It doesn't matter DL or DVD :noexpression:..it seems :(

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Ok with the new info that I got on the releas date of western version I may consder buying the DL russian version to play with. Conserding if the price is low enough.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/