Wingman 2 Repeating Himself

This is a problem I've had since the day I started using DCS ...

In any mission, I have to set my group option to 'Silence' or else Wingman #2 repeats himself over and over and over and over again.  "Two spike 120", "two spike 120", "two spike 120", on repeat roughly every second.  On the occasions I forget to set this, I have to either change radio channels or shoot him down.  Of course, once I give the flight a command, I have to change channels back or it starts over again.   It doesn't matter which map, and I can confirm that it happens at least in the F/A-18 and F-16.  I've been surprised how persistent this one has been since it effectively makes radio coms impractical.

I've done a couple of forum searches, and I don't see anything about it, though.  Does anyone else have this problem or might I have a corrupt install?

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

I've experienced this on occasion and it's really annoying. If I forget to set the "Silence" command or it bugs out for some reason, I just change the channel. Although I don't play a lot of SP nowadays.

If you can, create a small track that shows the problem and submit a bug report .

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yes I get the same problem most recently in the oil in the water campaign,… how do you silence wingmen, in the mission editor?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yes he is a real pain in the a$$ and it has been happening for a long time- 1 year +.  When he spots a flight of 4 he thinks he needs a separate call for each of the 4. And he is calling out sam sights also even though we are way out of their range. Yesterday I just shut that radio down but then I have no idea what other info I may miss. Depending what you are doing shooting him down can get you a fratricide call and you lose all your progress so that's a funny ( and I have definitely thought of it ) but not real useful idea. Can someone elaborate on how to do the 'silence' command please?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 1:15 AM, dorianR666 said:

there is a way to trigger this consistently: landing with viggen on a road. wingman will keep saying "rtb" on repeat until crashing into ground shortly after.

its been like this for at least two years now from my experience.

I've just tried it on the Kobuleti strip and... the AI didn't have time to say anything, it crashed right before the strip.

AJS37_landing_on_road_AI_dies.trk

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.