Proposal for VR head limits implementation

kablamoman

15 minutes ago, draconus said:

No, it means you're already over the limits, remember about the thick helmet on your head.

It is close enough. If the devs want to be pedantic they can clip/fade/break tracking a few cm before my eye extrudes to allow for my helmeted head hitting the glass!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, kablamoman said:

Glad you brought that up. It's not a big deal to tackle this by simply enforcing limits on lateral head movement into the slipstream at high speeds (perhaps even to be progressively restrictive as speed increases). Drag penalties for flying with an open or missing canopy should also be an issue for anyone trying to do something less than realistic like intentionally popping off their canopy and flying around like that to get around restrictions.

This didn't age too well did it 😂

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

On 1/19/2023 at 4:40 PM, =475FG= Dawger said:

This thread validates my lack of desire to start DCS for the past two months.

There's some ''special'' individuals around here that don't get outside much and spend their days obsessing over how other people play ''their'' video game. Fortunately, 90% of the bs they want won't ever make it past this stage :p

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Mars Exulte said:

There's some ''special'' individuals around here that don't get outside much and spend their days obsessing over how other people play ''their'' video game. Fortunately, 90% of the bs they want won't ever make it past this stage 😛

The problem is that it sometimes does. However, I don’t think it matters for me any longer. The good DCS PvP servers are all gone. There is no evidence ED plans to address previous poor decisions that ruin modules with no customer recourse.  I have no intention of even bothering to update my DCS install. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

9 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

The problem is that it sometimes does. However, I don’t think it matters for me any longer. The good DCS PvP servers are all gone. There is no evidence ED plans to address previous poor decisions that ruin modules with no customer recourse.  I have no intention of even bothering to update my DCS install. 

hmm, yet you care enough to still post here on this forum? Curious 🤔

Pretty sure there still some DCS love left in you, otherwise you wouldn't bother to even visit this forum 😉 

• Thanks 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

5 hours ago, sirrah said:

hmm, yet you care enough to still post here on this forum? Curious 🤔

Pretty sure there still some DCS love left in you, otherwise you wouldn't bother to even visit this forum 😉 

It is more a love for PvP air combat and the available titles are pretty sparse. At some point, I will stop visiting here as so many others have done. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

6 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

The good DCS PvP servers are all gone. There is no evidence ED plans to address previous poor decisions that ruin modules with no customer recourse.

Off topic but this sounds like a personal opinion. Define “good PvP” and “ruin modules”…

• Like 3

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 9 months later...
  • ED Team

Things have stalled currently however the report is still open. 

thanks

• Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2