Fast roping from DCS helicopters

Razorback

21 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Please ED, could you see if it is possible to integrate fast roping operation into our favourite simulator?
It would be just wonderful to imagine one day seeing fast roping from a huey or the Mi-8!

Pleaaaaassseeee 😉

Fast roping.JPG

This would indeed be a fantastic feature (although more intelligent and actually useful infantry units would be mandatory).

But yes, in fact anything that would give the Hip and Huey some actual purpose on the battlefield (apart from being cannon fodder and sling loading useless crates back and forth), would be very welcome!

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Grab CTLD and CSAR.  
CTLD allows transport of troops and kit.

CSAR auto generates rescue missions for downed pilots who’ve successfully bailed out.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Grab CTLD and CSAR.  

CSAR auto generates rescue missions for downed pilots who’ve successfully bailed out.

I think the OP is asking for a bit more than the community made CTLD and CSAR script (well, I am at least 😉).

I wish we could see fast roping vizualized and have actual useful infantry units.

Also, as great as CTLD can be, not all of us know how to work with scripts.

On most missions I tried (also online) that used CTLD, unloaded troops just didn't engage/move or the CTLD functionality didn't work at all.

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

+1 Very interesting suggestion!

• Like 1

Owned sorted by use: F-5E | JF-17 | F/A-18C | FC3 | A-10C II | L-39 | M-2000C | New adquisition: F-16C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C

In the spotlight: Mirage F1 | Syria        🔸Terrains: Nevada | Persian Gulf

1 hour ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Grab CTLD and CSAR.  

Already done....Nice but a little bit boring when you don't see what you do !
Knowing that in addition the Huey and the Mi-8 perfectly allow this kind of operations in reality...

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 10:34 PM, Razorback said:

Already done....Nice but a little bit boring when you don't see what you do !
Knowing that in addition the Huey and the Mi-8 perfectly allow this kind of operations in reality...

wouldn’t disagree, but it adds a least some of what we’d like to see, and without the need to de-prioritise something else that the developers are working on.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

100% behind this, We are approaching a large number of choppers, an upgrade to vary the different types of infantry (including special forces) is a high priority need.
Jets strike target> Choppers roll in to a Hot LZ with troops> Jets offer additional support> Choppers hold position under support of Jets> Choppers move out.

This is a high priority wish.

ED is training paratroopers AI now and also new infantry units and their animations together with pathfinding logic, so with that as a good staring point, I am sure that eventually transport helicopters will be used to their full potential in DCS. Sometime in the future.  

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta