Questions about the next major update and the ea situation.

IDontLikeBigbrother

19 hours ago, IronMike said:

Just a little heads up, everyone. It seems there will not be a second patch at the end of November, so we kindly ask for your patience for the coming December patch. We have a date internally, but I will not say it here, to not eat my own words again, I will say just this: it is planned well into the first half of December (and no matter how soon in December, this time we will be ready).

Our sincere apologies again that you have to wait a couple weeks more, but the upside is: we can actually fix even more for the Viggen. Since the big Tomcat patch in October, all of us have been focused real hard on the Viggen, and it will be a big one. The important thing here imo is to get everything right and wrapped nicely and tested well, and while I do understand your frustration that you have to wait a bit more, from where I am looking at it, it is positive that we involuntarily got a bit more time by not being quite ready for the previous one. There is no need to give up hope guys, as some mentioned, this is why we keep you in the loop so that you know what is happening. And I can assure you, it will have been worth the wait.

Thank you again for your very kind patience with us.

Thanks for the update. Appreciate it :thumbup:

• Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/18/2021 at 3:40 PM, Knock-Knock said:

Mno, Im sorry. I think this might have been it for me and HB products, until they are well out of EA.

Hey Knock-Knock - sorry for the late reply, I kind of overlooked your comment or would have answered immediately. Reading stuff like this breaks my heart, tbh, not because we care about the business... but because we care about you guys. I would kindly like to invite you to wait for the coming patch, and then decide. I would like to apologize that you obviously felt neglected thus far. It never was our intention, and never shall be. Thank you, if you give us a second chance. I am sure the coming patch will pleasantly surprise you. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

7 hours ago, IronMike said:

Hey Knock-Knock - sorry for the late reply, I kind of overlooked your comment or would have answered immediately. Reading stuff like this breaks my heart, tbh, not because we care about the business... but because we care about you guys. I would kindly like to invite you to wait for the coming patch, and then decide. I would like to apologize that you obviously felt neglected thus far. It never was our intention, and never shall be. Thank you, if you give us a second chance. I am sure the coming patch will pleasantly surprise you. 🙂

Thanks Mike. But Im not saying that I stop using or buying HB products, I dont. Just saying that was it for me and EA releases. That is general though, you guys were just the last bastion.

• Like 2

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Manage your expectations when signing up for early access. Especially when it comes to DCS World. When entering EA always make sure that you will be happy with just what is available at early access. That way you will never be disappointed. Unless something ends up being broken, which used to work. That is always a bummer, and with regards to the core of DCS World is always a possibility, as I've recently experienced myself. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Manage your expectations when signing up for early access. Especially when it comes to DCS World. When entering EA always make sure that you will be happy with just what is available at early access. That way you will never be disappointed. Unless something ends up being broken, which used to work. That is always a bummer, and with regards to the core of DCS World is always a possibility, as I've recently experienced myself. 

I did just that for nearly 5 years after pre-purchasing the Viggen.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

1 hour ago, Knock-Knock said:

I did just that for nearly 5 years after pre-purchasing the Viggen.

TBH, it does get over-stretched a bit. But otoh we don't want to just slam a "released" note on the module, and be done with it, especially since some still promised features are missing. However, tbf, the term would be almost obsolete in this case, while we think it is still best that it serves as a caution to the customer: some things are still missing - even if minor features in the Viggen's case. Think also extras like Draken, etc. Only once we made good on all these promises, we feel we should remove the tag, which is also why it stood for so long in the Viggen's case (we won't remove it with the next patch either). However, we do try to be as little "EA" from first release as possible, too. It is debatable if we should not maybe remove these tags earlier, but in our opinion this is more honest to the customer. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for your feedback, also about how you feel about these things. It is important for us to know that and much appreciated.

PS: Just wanted to add, in case that wasnt really clear: while ofc we appreciate and need business - whether or not you buy our future modules, is less important to me. What is important to me is that you feel that you can still enjoy the ones you have and that you do not feel that we are neglecting you guys, even if our progress can be glacial at times. Business, money, all that is important ofc. But community is far, far more important to us. 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys at HB, I wish the best to you for getting all the fixes work properly and make every effort you put it worth it!

HB rocks.
:wub:

• Like 3

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Am I overlooking it, or is the AKAN A/G gunsight wrong firing cue , that results in the rounds going constantly low, not in that list?

Its a major issue and quite old too. Otherwise glad to see the Viggen finally getting a lot of  love!Good Job HB!

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

8 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Am I overlooking it, or is the AKAN A/G gunsight wrong firing cue , that results in the rounds going constantly low, not in that list?

Its a major issue and quite old too. Otherwise glad to see the Viggen finally getting a lot of  love!Good Job HB!

Kind regards,

Snappy

It's not on the list for this patch. It is still on the bug tracker though.  

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

2 hours ago, Saab87 said:

it looks like the EXT sound update is not included.  Unfortunately!  and also not the PBR Texture update

Those are both big efforts, and we wanted to start on getting the long list of the "plenty" reduced this time, however some first steps in this direction already happened. Remember guys, just because it is not on this list, it isn't off the list. The Viggen will continue to get love, but we'd kindly like to ask you for your patience as we also need to balance everything else a bit. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Snappy said:

Kind regards,

Snappy

Our apologies, we had to postpone this particular issue for now, as it is giving some particular headache that would have else blocked us a bit from working down the rest of the list. We will try to prioritize it in the near future though.

• Like 6

Heatblur Simulations

4 hours ago, IronMike said:

Those are both big efforts, and we wanted to start on getting the long list of the "plenty" reduced this time, however some first steps in this direction already happened. Remember guys, just because it is not on this list, it isn't off the list. The Viggen will continue to get love, but we'd kindly like to ask you for your patience as we also need to balance everything else a bit. Thank you!

Our apologies, we had to postpone this particular issue for now, as it is giving some particular headache that would have else blocked us a bit from working down the rest of the list. We will try to prioritize it in the near future though.

I am certainly happy to see how many things you guys have managed to get fixed...

And I'm also happy that my little feature request (about the ground crew settings) managed to get in 🙂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

And I'm also happy that my little feature request (about the ground crew settings) managed to get in 🙂

They put in several features that were requested in these forums. In my case the trigger safety toggle keybind.  It's great! 

• Like 2

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Feedback thread is up everyone - please be so kind and leave us some feedback, we are sure we involuntarily broke some things again, but also positive feedback of things working as advertised is helpful to us.

Thank you all again for your tremendous patience with us. Your support means the world to us! ❤️

• Like 5

Heatblur Simulations

It's huge and make the Viggen better. Many many thanks HB for this piece of art 😀

ps: just a little wish for the next update is about the akan'sbullet correction, they hit too short😇

pps: static object now radar visible= i am happy 😀

Edited by Spirale
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Spirale said:

It's huge and make the Viggen better. Many many thanks HB for this piece of art 😀

ps: just a little wish for the next update is about the akan'sbullet correction, they hit too short😇

pps: static object now radar visible= i am happy 😀

Akan gunpod is high on our priorities. If there will be a hotfix, maybe not by then, but hopefully next patch, depending on difficulty. But yes, annoying issue that needs to get nuked.

NUKE ALL THE BUGS!

Explode Nuclear Bomb GIF by Star Wars

• Like 5

Heatblur Simulations