performance tips

repent

lets get a thread going guys, how well is the game running for you??

for me its ok, fps is generaly high but drops rapidly every so often, this will be fixed in patches i expect.

from reading some stuff on the russian forums, some of the guys their have been changing config lines eg water=3 to water=1 or 0, if anyone is familiar with IL2 they will know what im talking about here.

water=1

visible range=Low

other on max

(1680x1050)

lowest FPS I'm encountering is around 18FPS when showing 4 x Ka-50 in one (external) view.

Otherwise everything around 30FPS and obove

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

right, im running in 1280x1024, everything on medium, water at 1, and im getting between 30-60fps usually, then it drops down every so often, i reckon its the high detail on the models.

looking at your rig in your sig i do have a better GPU and CPU, im also running AF on app controlled and AA on 4x.

right, im running in 1280x1024, everything on medium, water at 1, and im getting between 30-60fps usually, then it drops down every so often, i reckon its the high detail on the models.

looking at your rig in your sig i do have a better GPU and CPU, im also running AF on app controlled and AA on 4x.

Got everything running on full tilt at 1680x1050, AA8/AF8, and I'm getting around 20-25fps fairly constantly. Seems faily smooth. I'm sure this will drop in battle areas. Will ahve a play around with the config file.

With my beforewar - processor with 2400 mhz i could only get 30 frames in the Air an 15 on the ground at airports.:cry:

Everything is on High, only Visible Range and Shadows on low/all Planar. The Resolution is 1024x768.

My system:

AMD Sempron 2400+

Gecube Radeon X1650 Pro

2 Gigabyte Ram

Saitex X52

The Porsche - Sign allows FPS above 500 when it is atached on your processor!:D

greets

f6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn nice Game, dude!

water=1

visible range=Low

other on max

(1680x1050)

lowest FPS I'm encountering is around 18FPS when showing 4 x Ka-50 in one (external) view.

Otherwise everything around 30FPS and obove

I see that you have Saitek Cyborg Evo, can you handle the helicopter just by this stick? Or do you use rudders as well? I'm away from my home for about one year and I'm thinking of getting a Cyborg Evo for my lappy . . .

Sorry for OT(well, kind of :D )

Using twist rudder on the stick. It handles the chopper very well. It has optical sensors for all axes. So far I'm very satisfied with it. It performs higly above in its price range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

With settings:

["effects"] = 2,
       ["lights"] = 1,
       ["haze"] = 0,

(edit: The settings above turns off the rotor downwash effect and reduce some lightning. But it looks good enough anyway!)

and

["shadows"] = 0

and

fps=30

The other settings: 1280x1024 2xAA 16xAF - textures=medium, visible range=high, scenery=medium, civ=off, water= low

Everything runs fine at around 20-30 fps, even in really huge battles. (Singleplayer)

(My Rig is in the signature)

Edited by Duke49th

In those last couple of producers notes what do you think Wags is running as far as resolution?

Either they really improved the code from note #1 or he upgraded the heck out of his computer. Notice the Nav note #4 the FPS are choppy but by the time he puts out note #7 and #8 his res is up and its running nice and smooth.

Edited by SunDown

Indeed, I've been editing the graphics.cfg the same way I edited it with Lomac: FC, but nothing is changed in game. Is there another file somewhere that now controls the graphics?

Seems a bit Superfluous to me too.........without delving too deep - I cannot seem to understand why the Resolution and aspect in the BS graphics.cfg is set to 1024x768 (1.333) whilst the In-Game option correctly reflects my setup atm as 1440x900 (1.6). And when I run the SIM the latter is correctly reflected.

In Flaming Cliffs the above would have caused a LockOn CTD.........Strange :huh:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you have ATI X1950 or higher, Leave the settings of the video on balance..

i Kill Stuff in My PC with ENd it All... process of the systems extra

I leave all on Max, but no CIV TRAFFIC and SHADOWS to ATCIVIE PLANAR

Runing 1680x1050

IDE VS S-ATA2 Black Shark

I just upgrade today, gone from 300gb IDE 16mb cache.... to..

250GB S-ATA-2, 16mb Cache Hard Drive. I format the drive and install my OS on it... There was a deffinet improvment was very nice and did not cost alot of money to do it.

If your mother board support S-ATA and you using IDE hard Drive now You should switch.

Everything on max, resolution 1280*1240. FPS is great. You will get better performance if you set water quality to medium instead of maximum as it still renderes everywhere under surface - an old problem

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5