CV-59 Forrestal Feedback Thread

IronMike

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 6:49 AM, Raisuli said:

Can take off once; the second time I take off I have no flight controls.

It was reported some time ago. You should have the controls back in the air though, right?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

5 hours ago, draconus said:

It was reported some time ago. You should have the controls back in the air though, right?

Nope.  At least not as long as it takes to hit the water after going into a nice ballistic arc with only flaps and some rudder to manage it.  Took off from 59, landed on 59, took off again, same problem.  59 is now retired and has been replaced with a different carrier.  My gut is it's not likely to come out of mothballs in my lifetime.

Incidentally if you run up to AB, then back down to mil salute gets you off the boat.  On non-SC carriers all you need is mil.  Still need AB to get off the Kuz, though.  At least if you want to keep flying after the deck ends.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, toni said:

can you shoot via the Request Launch comm menu ?

No, this is for the supercarrier deck crew to get into launch positions.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 minute ago, toni said:

thanks, so via keyboard I gues

Yes, for non-supercarrier launch you just press Cat Launch/Salute bind (default LShift+U).

• 2 weeks later...

This the supercarrier at 16x Anisotropic filtering:

j1yUE6f.png

And the same at 0x Anisotropic filtering:

IQTARZu.png

The catapaults and other textures smear but the landing lines stay crisp.

The same can't be said for the forrestal at 0x anisotropic filtering:

mRLjxnT.png

The white landing area lines smear and become invisible ... or should I say even worse than normal. Given that anisotropic filtering can cause stuttering in VR, can you please do the same as ED is doing with the supercarrier module to keep the landing lines visible?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPK said:

0x anisotropic filtering

AF 16x is very cheap and looks horrible at 0x. Why would anyone use it?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, draconus said:

Why would anyone use it?

Literally at the end of his post:

On 3/10/2024 at 1:32 PM, MPK said:

Given that anisotropic filtering can cause stuttering in VR

REQUEST Make the mules/forklifts visible on the mission editor view so users can avoid them when placing their own statics.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nealius said:

REQUEST Make the mules/forklifts visible on the mission editor view so users can avoid them when placing their own statics.

Alternatively, I think I'd rather have them just removed entirely so that players can set up the deck as they desire without worrying about them at all.

We have the units so we can place them ourselves and the ability to make templates with them, but there isn't a way to remove the ones that are already there.

• Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 3/11/2024 at 12:55 AM, Nealius said:

Literally at the end of his post:

Why does AF cause stuttering in VR should be the real question. AF these days is basically a fixed 100% setting that devs should just plan on being there. What’s wrong with the VR implimentation?