switching fuel tanks?

SkipCarey

I am pretty sure they are located behind the pilot seat. I found it easiest to bind them to something as I couldnt reach them effectively.

Edit: I believe they are called fuel selectors. theres one for each engine.

Edited by MisterMac

In VR in the pilot seat I can look to my right and down and just about operate them. 

When they fix the default head position this should become easier. 

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Would definitely advise anyone interested in the Mossie to bind these to keyboard or controller buttons.....do not go there with clickable cockpit unless you want to play 'Twister',Lol.

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

The fuel selectors are reachable from the pilot seat when your neutral head position is centered on the gun sight - which you switch to be default when you turn on the gun sight.

The centered position is convenient for a few other things, such as looking at the slip/bank indicator that is under the gun sight (lean to the right), and reaching the bombs panel.

However, for the fuel selectors I do advise to set key/button binds for them since you may want to operate them during “busy” parts of the flight - e.g, when entering air combat I normally switch to the main tanks.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Bozon's right......I have these selectors bound to keys 8 and 9 to move them on to the next position and RShift + 8 and RShift + 9 to move them to the previous position.....move to central position or gunsight position,simply look behind and adjust to the desired position.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Voice Attack is great to save using keys or hotas buttons on those hard to click on cockpit controls.

I thought of having some British realism with something like ...

"I say, Nav old chap, time to have fuel from the main tanks - What?"

<appropriate keystrokes from Voice Attack>

with Nigel's response  "Indeed it is, Sir. , and it has now been done"

However, I settled for just "Fuel system - Select Mains"

(and other similar fuel selection commands) 😐

Edited by Terry Dactil
typo
  • Like 1