F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

6 hours ago, Punisher74 said:

Anyone know the early release date. I was on the razbam discord and one of the kids mentioned 2 weeks and that was a week or so ago. 

2 weeks is usually a joke in the (DCS) Sim community. Next time you hear 2 weeks, remember its a joke. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Punisher74 said:

Anyone know the early release date. I was on the razbam discord and one of the kids mentioned 2 weeks and that was a week or so ago. 

Two weeks is means sarcasm developer joke. Is means release when terminate sviluppo.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 1:18 PM, Phantom88 said:

Glad to see even the expert having a hard time staying connected 😅

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 hours ago, Father Cool said:

Pilot models are a great idea and then you have one and go, wow that looks nice, now where is the hide pilot key? 🤣

Apart from a few specific actions (usually only needed for startup), you hardy need to be on the left and right side wall panels anyways*. So I'm always so surprised to see so many people talking about switches being blocked. What are you guys all doing there?! 🤔😋

*Small disclaimer: Not sure yet if this is also the case in the Mudhen, but for sure it is in the Hornet and Viper.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I think its more about not being able to see them rather than actually use them.

I find pilot models distracting and usually they are not that good looking either. But I have to say this one looks good... I still will switch it off though 😶

11 minutes ago, Ishigami said:

I think its more about not being able to see them rather than actually use them.

I find pilot models distracting and usually they are not that good looking either. But I have to say this one looks good... I still will switch it off though 😶

Have you tried Razbam's AV8B and M2000?

At the moment Razbam is miles ahead of ED when it comes to 1st person pilot body. (ED is cooking on something for a while now though 😏)

• Like 1

System specs:

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

Apart from a few specific actions (usually only needed for startup), you hardy need to be on the left and right side wall panels anyways*. So I'm always so surprised to see so many people talking about switches being blocked. What are you guys all doing there?! 🤔😋

*Small disclaimer: Not sure yet if this is also the case in the Mudhen, but for sure it is in the Hornet and Viper.

I have a hide pilot button as part of my interactive startup checklists. Once startup is done I turn the body back on.

15 hours ago, sirrah said:

you hardy need to be on the left and right side wall panels anyways

Completely untrue for the F1 Mirage. There, the left side panel holds one of the most important instruments of all: the cigarette ashtray. It takes two entire Gauloises just to get through start-up, so you need at least 12 trips to it before the bird is even ready to roll (and I still think Aerges should have modelled the Bordeaux bottle holder under the seat...).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

Completely untrue for the F1 Mirage. There, the left side panel holds one of the most important instruments of all: the cigarette ashtray. It takes two entire Gauloises just to get through start-up, so you need at least 12 trips to it before the bird is even ready to roll (and I still think Aerges should have modelled the Bordeaux bottle holder under the seat...).

Touché 😂

System specs:

Note: I fly entirely VR. I don't understand the appeal of hiding half of the real estate in the cockpit behind a semi-humanoid looking monstrosity. Razbam seems to be doing an admirable job of making a human-looking pilot body, much better than what you see from most developers / sims, but it still is a big immersion breaker for me to look down and see someone else's legs, torso, arms, hands, etc blocking half of the cockpit. I find it even more distracting should I happen to move my legs, hands, etc, and the pilot body remains lifeless. Just one guy's thoughts. 🙂

• Like 4

1 minute ago, davidrbarnette said:

Note: I fly entirely VR. I don't understand the appeal of hiding half of the real estate in the cockpit behind a semi-humanoid looking monstrosity. Razbam seems to be doing an admirable job of making a human-looking pilot body, much better than what you see from most developers / sims, but it still is a big immersion breaker for me to look down and see someone else's legs, torso, arms, hands, etc blocking half of the cockpit. I find it even more distracting should I happen to move my legs, hands, etc, and the pilot body remains lifeless. Just one guy's thoughts. 🙂

That's funny because I feel the exact opposite way. Looking down at the cockpit and NOT seeing a body is a big immersion breaker for me. After startup I show the body and it stays that way until landing usually. I have show/hide as a HOTAS binding so I can always flick it off if I need to, but I rarely ever do.

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.