F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

3 ore fa, bfr ha scritto:

Don't think i've seen anyone else mention it so i'll throw this into the mix. Seems the manual will definitely be made public ahead of the actual release.

but where is the news from Balti Dragon?? he said the same thing on 10th on may...on twitter...

Good morning! Adding final touches to the manual and if all goes well, I will try to have it ready for you a few days before the official release of the F-15E Strike Eagle. We're at 513 pages and counting!

ah now he say "i promise.." lol...

Edited by giullep

Right now it seems everyone who has a YouTube channel has a free copy, while those of us who paid for it are......waiting.....still.....waiting......

• Like 3

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

8 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

Right now it seems everyone who has a YouTube channel has a free copy, while those of us who paid for it are......waiting.....still.....waiting......

Which is hardly odd and unexpected, given that's how pre-release marketing very often works. Give early not-necessarily-complete copies of your product to people that have influence over potential buyers....

Edited by AhSoul
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

Nope I don’t. Mine is too small, anyway. I think Prez, who has excellent F-14 tutorials, doesn’t. And from this, preview is not honky dory all the way, it seems:

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

12 hours ago, NineLine said:

Guys, I get it. Every time our content creators get a chance to show you want you are getting it makes the wait that much harder. I love and fear the preview phase because I know what the wait is like. That said, this is yet another step in the road to release, it's pretty much like this for each and every module. I know that not all modules do pre-sales so when they do it makes this a little more painful but it is part of the process. 

We hope these previews will show you how hard RAZBAM has been working to make sure you have a solid module on day 1 of the release. They are still tuning and tweaking even beyond the preview build. Our Closed Beta Testers are going to be diving into it soon, which means it will be in Closed Beta Testing soon, which means an Open Beta Release Candidate. We are not far off now, aside from any bumps pinned down by Testers and even previewers. 

I know it's been a long hard waiting, but we are almost there, don't beat up the lucky few content creators that managed to win the SE lotto, and don't beat up each other for your own feelings on it. It's gonna be worth the wait, and all this will be a distant memory soon enough.

Thanks, and we appreciate your passion and patience, even those with very little patience left 🙂

On thing is for sure.  I never blamed any content creator for doing what they are supposed to do. That was not the point and sorry if it came across that way. Not intended at all.

9 hours ago, AhSoul said:

Devs can never win. Give a date, chances are it'll be missed for some reason and people get upset. Don't give a date, people get upset.

Honestly the best thing they could probably do would be no preorder and just drop it one day out of the blue, since clearly many people simply can't cope with waiting for stuff 😄

1.- don't miss the date.

2.- profil

plus in that case they got the profit part already.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

4 hours ago, Ignition said:

Impatient people should never preorder.

then call it PRE ORDER; not Early Access 😉

4 hours ago, fragal said:

So we really are going to have to endure weeks of subpar youtube videos building frustration and hype again watching other people play a module many have already pre-ordered and just want to play themselves?

well summed up😅

Edited by FZG_Immel

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I have observed from the many preview videos that has come on out recently, inside the cockpit, a great potion of both the left and right console panels in the F-15SE are empty.
Do I assume these panels would be populated with switches and button as the Suite 4 we are getting now gets upgraded in future.
If you compare it to the F-15C that we have in dcs, the panels are filled with switches more than that of the F-15E.

Your thoughts.

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

18 minutes ago, Eaglewings said:

Do I assume these panels would be populated with switches and button as the Suite 4 we are getting now gets upgraded in future.
If you compare it to the F-15C that we have in dcs, the panels are filled with switches more than that of the F-15E.

I think most of them are supposed to be empty. The E-model is more dependent on display menus and sub-menus and the up front control panel, that eliminates separate panels for stuff like radios, TACAN, navigation etc. 
Some systems are also only accessible from the back cockpit, like countermeasures programming.

1 hour ago, Ignition said:

Well, it's a pre order of the Early Access.

MY BAD: its not even defined as Early Access (only ED has those)

36 minutes ago, Eaglewings said:

I have observed from the many preview videos that has come on out recently, inside the cockpit, a great potion of both the left and right console panels in the F-15SE are empty.

Your thoughts.

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

10 minutes ago, doedkoett said:

I think most of them are supposed to be empty. The E-model is more dependent on display menus and sub-menus and the up front control panel, that eliminates separate panels for stuff like radios, TACAN, navigation etc. 
Some systems are also only accessible from the back cockpit, like countermeasures programming.

Yes the majority of "missing" panels were moved to the backseat for the WSO

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

14 minutes ago, Rodeo said:

Yes the majority of "missing" panels were moved to the backseat for the WSO

You sure about this ?

Maybe some SME could verify, but moving panels (wiring and switching interface) does not make any sense if you phase out older subsystems or integrate them more tightly with UFC and MPDs. We're talking about COMPASS, VTR and SENSOR panel from pilot seat.

I believe these panels will be populated as upgrades arrive 

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

41 minutes ago, Zahnatom said:

i hope we're getting JDAMs or some other GPS/INS guided bomb soon after release

If they're planning to upgrade the jet in terms of the updates it received in real life then I guess you'd have to find out how those suite updates tie in for when GPS weapons were added in real life to get a clue when they may arrive.  Although setting up a full of JDAMs for a Strike Eagle (assuming there's an equivalent to PP mode on the F-18) is going to be potentially brutal if there isn't something like a mission cartridge capability!

I believe these panels will be populated as upgrades arrive 
I kind of lean towards this assumption considering that some of these panels are partioned already and screwed up.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

7 hours ago, Eaglewings said:

Your thoughts.

F-15C doesn't have UFC so all the radios need a panel to be operated.

• Like 1

I have a guess on the release date, it's June 15th and here's why:

US date format is MM/DD/YYYY, so June 15th is 06/15/2023; "F" is the 6th letter of the alphabet, so the release would be on F/15/2023.

I haven't read all the replies, so I apologize if I'm repeating someone's message.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ranucci said:

I have a guess on the release date, it's June 15th and here's why:

US date format is MM/DD/YYYY, so June 15th is 06/15/2023; "F" is the 6th letter of the alphabet, so the release would be on F/15/2023.

I haven't read all the replies, so I apologize if I'm repeating someone's message.

and 2+3=5 and the 5th letter of the alphabet is E so its F/15/20E

nahh man

21 час назад, fragal сказал:

So we really are going to have to endure weeks of subpar youtube videos building frustration and hype again watching other people play a module many have already pre-ordered and just want to play themselves?

Apparently yes. Apparently paying for beta access (which is exactly what it will be anyway - a beta version with full release way off) is not good enough since you, me or, like, 98% of people here do not belong to some more-equal-then-others group called content creators (because my highly subjective personal impression is there's a lot more people making DCS videos than people making F-15E videos right now). How would an outsider get into that group? Maybe pay some more for the product already paid for? Have they even paid for it at all? Are we going to see MiG-23 get a similar treatment? Place your bets, gentlemen!

If it's good enough for a youtuber it should be good enough for everyone, the preview phases last for way to long swamp all social modia and suck away any joy anyone had for the module after a while and end up leaving resentment, i get the marketing point of view but market it on a build intended for everyone 1-2 weeks before the release, you have a week or 2 to record  content and release preview vids, people then look forward to the actual release with a few vids to preceed it rather than leaving it open for weeks and being swamped in pointless vids and leaving people feeling like youtubers are releasing vids just to rub people faces in to a product they've already paid for "haha look at what i'm playing and you're not" - call it marketing in moderation

26 minutes ago, fragal said:

If it's good enough for a youtuber it should be good enough for everyone, the preview phases last for way to long swamp all social modia and suck away any joy anyone had for the module after a while and end up leaving resentment, i get the marketing point of view but market it on a build intended for everyone 1-2 weeks before the release, you have a week or 2 to record  content and release preview vids, people then look forward to the actual release with a few vids to preceed it rather than leaving it open for weeks and being swamped in pointless vids and leaving people feeling like youtubers are releasing vids just to rub people faces in to a product they've already paid for "haha look at what i'm playing and you're not" - call it marketing in moderation

That assumes the version the previewers are getting is release-ready and doesn't come with many 'try this, but whatever you do then don't press x or try to do y' caveats.  The first start-up video that was then rapidly pulled because it was done using the wrong version suggests the current builds are still quite frequent and fluid.  As someone else alluded to in an earlier post, tech demos like that can be made to hide all sorts. We don't know if a 5 minute video took several hours to compile because some bug they're still working on crashed DCS several times along the way of making it and they had to keep starting over.

• Like 2