Who want a Sea King module?

Fro

First off if Prowler from Razbam is seeing this, I'm sorry...but challenge accepted.

As per his comment on the discord:

DGBFE1v.png

So to help here is the discord link: https://discord.gg/gCJBbNmkKF

and the link to the picture you need to like: https://discord.com/channels/536389125276827660/544224332709232660/767405985072939039

Spread the word, and lets get this to 1000.

Edited by Fro
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fro said:

First off if Prowler from Razbam is seeing this, I'm sorry...but challenge accepted.

As per his comment on the discord:

DGBFE1v.png

So to help here is the discord link: https://discord.gg/gCJBbNmkKF

and the link to the picture you need to like: https://discord.com/channels/536389125276827660/544224332709232660/767405985072939039

Spread the word, and lets get this to 1000.

Make a new post with a poll! 😄 

Anyway, YES, I WANT THIS!!! 

• Like 1

Yes, I would like a Sea King module, either an HAS.5/HAR.5 or USN SH-3H, the only thing is that these aircraft (besides the HAR.5) are basically dedicated ASW aircraft, which is completely absent in DCS.

ASW equipment will also be classified, and it's likely British EW systems and RADARs will too.

There is the HC.4, but that can only do insertion missions.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Can't believe you are falling for this. Do you really think  for one minute that they will be basing their developement decision between AI and full module on x number of likes to one of their pics? Seriously.They probably made their decision long ago.

Besides I get your love for the seaking , I like it too. But its as if Razbam hasn't like 40 projects in various states of developement. I lost track of all their announcements.

Edited by Snappy

Just now, Snappy said:

Can't believe you are falling for this. Do you really think  for one minute that they will be basing their developement decision between AI and full module on x number of likes to one of their pics? Seriously.

No. But that doesn't stop a entertaining discussion thread...and we can all dream.

Hell, some of us even ask ED to fix stuff in the Black Shark - at least Razbam engages.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

Just now, Blackjack_UK said:

No. But that doesn't stop a entertaining discussion thread...and we can all dream.

Hell, some of us even ask ED to fix stuff in the Black Shark - at least Razbam engages.

Ok fair enough! Point taken.

Edited by Snappy

2 minutes ago, Blackjack_UK said:

I think the idea is to visit the link also...an entertaining discussion thread here is probably not going to do anything to progress your Mk4. 

I dream of the Wessex! 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

15 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

I think the idea is to visit the link also...an entertaining discussion thread here is probably not going to do anything to progress your Mk4. 

I dream of the Wessex! 

Right, didn't read the OP thoroughly enough. 😊 

Followed the link, and the count is now 153. 😊 

Just now, MAXsenna said:

Right, didn't read the OP thoroughly enough. 😊 

Followed the link, and the count is now 153. 😊 

Im at the link but I cant see how I "like" the picture - forgive me. Discord is like a teenager to me - I dont understand it, I dont see its purpose, it frightens me and Im naturally suspicious of it. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

3 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Im at the link but I cant see how I "like" the picture - forgive me. Discord is like a teenager to me - I dont understand it, I dont see its purpose, it frightens me and Im naturally suspicious of it. 

Well, if you scroll up the page, you'll see a picture of a Sea King, unless it took you to it directly. At least I had du scroll up. Beneath it is a thumbs up icon, just click it. 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, if you scroll up the page, you'll see a picture of a Sea King, unless it took you to it directly. At least I had du scroll up. Beneath it is a thumbs up icon, just click it. 👍🏻

I can see the image (Argentinian Sea King) and can see its got 153 thumbs up if I click on "reactions"  but there is no method for me to add to it. 

Screenshot 2022-01-17 133952.png

43 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

I can see the image (Argentinian Sea King) and can see its got 153 thumbs up if I click on "reactions"  but there is no method for me to add to it. 

Screenshot 2022-01-17 133952.png

If you can see the thumbs up symbol below the picture with a number next to it, just click that.

I just made it 154.

They are making the SeaKing as part of the AI asset pack that will come inclduded with the Falklands map right? It's not that far fetched for them to want to do a Helicopter module, and a SeaKing would be great IF....

and thats a big IF in CAPITAL LETTERS, something like SAR operations or ASW could be implemented in DCS World. Hell, AFAIK most helo's can't even land on ships in DCS World without some strange physics issues creeping up. Unless this is fixed and some additions like this are added to DCS World, it's just another cool transport helo. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

and thats a big IF in CAPITAL LETTERS, something like SAR operations or ASW could be implemented in DCS World.

Don't forget the AEW7 variant (which is probably still classified to hell). 

Wikipedia states: "The main role of the Sea King ASaC7 is detection of low-flying attack aircraft; it also provides interception/attack control and over-the-horizon targeting for surface-launched weapon systems. In comparison to older versions, the new radar enables the ASaC7 to simultaneously track up to 400 targets, instead of an earlier limit of 250 targets.[30] The effectiveness of the AEW7 was greatly increased via the addition of a Link 16 data link, allowing gathered radar information to be analysed and rapidly put to use by multiple allied platforms in range."

So in effect this could theoretically provide us with a flyable poor-man's AWACS.

15 minutes ago, frostycab said:

If you can see the thumbs up symbol below the picture with a number next to it, just click that.

I just made it 154.

I can see what the image in my post shows. There are no thumbs. Up or down.

Discord doesnt want me to have nice things.  😞

Yes, would like the Sea King. But man, RAZBAM has already promised so many aircraft and helicopters. Don't get me wrong, I love the work RAZBAM are doing, but there is still such a thing as overpromising..

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

it's just another cool transport helo. 

Im good with that. 🙂

But I get your point. SAR would be great for all the "transporty" choppers.. ASW would be a lot of work for a pretty niche thing I think.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, frostycab said:

Don't forget the AEW7 variant (which is probably still classified to hell). 

Well... Falkands era "Bags" used, if I recall, the radar from the AEW Gannet (or maybe the early Nimrod?) and were pretty much WW2 technology. That'll give us enough range and capability for a DCS map but it's not gonna be especially sensitive any more...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

I can see what the image in my post shows. There are no thumbs. Up or down.
Discord doesnt want me to have nice things. 
Hey buddy! You might need to go the their FAQ channel or whatever, and agree to some rules etc before you're allowed to "post" anything.
And I agree, Discord makes me actually feel old sometimes, and I work in IT. Just made it so have one year to go, before I make the half a century mark the other day.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Hey buddy! You might need to go the their FAQ channel or whatever, and agree to some rules etc before you're allowed to "post" anything.
And I agree, Discord makes me actually feel old sometimes, and I work in IT. Just made it so have one year to go, before I make the half a century mark the other day. emoji1787.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Ill give it a go thanks. Its become a mission now!  Didnt think of agreeing to rules as.....well.....its clear no-one sticks to them in there!!

• Like 1