F-16EX

Cerulean

I just ordered the F16ex with the Orion 2 base.

Does anyone one know if the screws on the base are in the same place as the warthog one? I am using a virpil desk mount with the warthog joystick adapter and I don't know if it will be fine with the new base or if I need an adapter.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

As far as I know, screws are compatible with Warthog supprots. I for sure use one (the Virpil one to be precise, and I would recommend Monstertech instead, it's too high and too far back for my liking but it's a different topic). However, I could only use two screws out of four, the other two being taken by the F-16 detents plate.

I got mine for about 1 month now, compare to TM is better, its more accurate, the feeling is not that good, its loose and feel fragile, it is all plastic and cheap one, the feeling is not even close to TM, i would not suggest TM as the gimbal and sensors are old, but i would suggest VKB or VirPil

16 hours ago, Raviar said:

I got mine for about 1 month now, compare to TM is better, its more accurate, the feeling is not that good, its loose and feel fragile, it is all plastic and cheap one, the feeling is not even close to TM, i would not suggest TM as the gimbal and sensors are old, but i would suggest VKB or VirPil

What drugs are you on, please stop with the BS??

Both the F-16EX and F/A-18 grips are aluminum!!!

Edited by MustangSally
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

7 hours ago, MustangSally said:

by ad hominem attack you cant win the conversation ! it is the truth, the throttle base is cheap plastic material, the throttle is not, stick is all cheap plastic not the base ! or at least the stick feel plastic to me

photo_6174640977428460663_y.jpg

photo_6174640977428460664_y.jpg

Edited by Raviar

Both F-16EX and F/A-18 grips are aluminum!

Redkites review...

Edited by MustangSally

I received the F16ex today, and it feels metal to me. Compared to the warthog they seem very similar quality wise (sturdiness , metal, weight...), the biggest difference is for me in the buttons and hat, much easier to click and make more sound in the winwing one.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

happy new year everyone!

quick question concerning the throttle grip: i find the centre detent of the antenna elevation knob is very soft, almost impossible to discern/locate, when rotating it with your thumb.  

what is your experience so far? any solutions?

thanks

On 1/6/2023 at 10:50 AM, HILOK said:

quick question concerning the throttle grip: i find the centre detent of the antenna elevation knob is very soft, almost impossible to discern/locate, when rotating it with your thumb.  

what is your experience so far? any solutions?

no one having any issues with the antenna elevation knob? -guess it's just me then...

• 1 month later...

I'm fully equipped with winwing, fa18/exf16, ka50 collector and pto, combat panel, and full mip.

Just love the 16 grip, hardly use the 18 grip.

I did order a super Taurus throttle base, be here cpl weeks.

Do run simapp n adjust your control functions.

Will be using Winwing till I need to replace them due to use. 

734e8fef-d8b2-45c1-a057-cc957683db11.jpg

8d89ef9a-4522-4fdb-9a93-df818c3b479d.jpg

68f8c308-c34b-425f-a25b-07769e87141d.jpg

Edited by VET
Add pics
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VET said:

I'm fully equipped with winwing, fa18/exf16, ka50 collector and pto, combat panel, and full mip.

Just love the 16 grip, hardly use the 18 grip.

I did order a super Taurus throttle base, be here cpl weeks.

Do run simapp n adjust your control functions.

Will be using Winwing till I need to replace them due to use. 

734e8fef-d8b2-45c1-a057-cc957683db11.jpg

8d89ef9a-4522-4fdb-9a93-df818c3b479d.jpg

68f8c308-c34b-425f-a25b-07769e87141d.jpg

Very nice setup, but that cabling problem of yours! 😄

On 1/4/2023 at 2:51 AM, MustangSally said:

Whenever someone says "aluminium alloy" they're saying that it's zinc. Cast zinc is 90-95 zinc and most of the rest is aluminium. AKA pot metal.

This is what the winwing and TM grips are made of.

Edited by Scott-S6

More specifically, it's Zamak 3 or 4. Pot metal refers specifically to a cheap alloy made from scrap and unsuitable for any kind of series manufacture due to inconsistent composition. As far as metal goes, it's a perfectly fine material, if a bit brittle (which is why the TM tailpiece had been known to break). If they were made out of actual aluminum they'd be expensive and way too lightweight.

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

More specifically, it's Zamak 3 or 4. Pot metal refers specifically to a cheap alloy made from scrap and unsuitable for any kind of series manufacture due to inconsistent composition. As far as metal goes, it's a perfectly fine material, if a bit brittle (which is why the TM tailpiece had been known to break). If they were made out of actual aluminum they'd be expensive and way too lightweight.

If it was Zamak, which is a specific proprietary mix, they'd say so. Actual Zamak isn't especially easy to source in China so that would be a big deal for a Chinese manufacturer. It's generic zinc + a bit of alu + herbs and spices.

And you're right about the weight - the difference would be very obvious if it was alu. I have no idea how someone could think these grips are alu.

Edited by Scott-S6

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless, it’s decent quality stuff, have had my kit years now (f18 HOTAS) and no issues……

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 9 months later...

Hey fellow sim pilots. I'm hoping this is an easy one.

I have the Winwing F-16EX stick with the plastic shaker attatchment and all works well.

The question I have or trouble is this: When opening up the dynamic vibration screen, it only shows the planes that I have paid and received from ED.

No other planes show up, and what I mean is for example...F-22, OV-10 Bronco, A-29... these free downloaded mods are not in the list from the Sim app pro software.

Under settings, I cannot change the install path to anything other than C drive/Program files/DCS world Open Beta.

To get the vibration to work on the free downloaded mods, is this even possible?

Thank you

17 hours ago, Archangel44 said:

Hey fellow sim pilots. I'm hoping this is an easy one.

I have the Winwing F-16EX stick with the plastic shaker attatchment and all works well.

The question I have or trouble is this: When opening up the dynamic vibration screen, it only shows the planes that I have paid and received from ED.

No other planes show up, and what I mean is for example...F-22, OV-10 Bronco, A-29... these free downloaded mods are not in the list from the Sim app pro software.

Under settings, I cannot change the install path to anything other than C drive/Program files/DCS world Open Beta.

To get the vibration to work on the free downloaded mods, is this even possible?

Thank you

Nope, only available if WW configure Simappro for that aircraft.

Hello all.

Looking for some buying advice here.

Presently using the Virpil CM-3 throttle combined with the Thrustmaster warthog Flight stick(F-16/A-10C stick). I have had the TM Flightstick for more than 5 years now and it has served.

I am hard-pressed to get the Winwing F-16EX Combo unit(with the extra buttons and vibration kit) now for it's versatility purpose. Those additional buttons and axes I reckon would provide me with more keymapping for other aircraft like the AH-64D. I have been using the modifier function to get along but oftentimes it is easy to forget what I have mapped for different birds.  Also considering that Winwing just opened a USA outlet and the discount looks great.

I have seen some reviews on YouTube and I have read several issues about it like the Winwing F-16ex stick is loose at the center and all that.

Does anyone care to share his/her experiences on the Winwing F-16EX stick and Orion 2 base? 

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

these are very good sticks, i have two of them with the extensions. one with the damper kit for helo and one for planes. you can adjust and tune them in every possible way. they are very precise. you can just fasten the axles and nothing is loose in the deadzone.

the problem (at least for me) with winwing is the support when you need it. 

• Like 1