18 minutes ago, uboats said:

can anyone provide trk?

Yes, this is an air spawn and uses active pause, I
• Lase 1st truck,
• Fire BRM-1 (laser timer displays), destroy tuck,
• wait 3 minutes to avoid over heating (LSR still blinks as it's ranging),
• repeat for a 2nd truck
• wait 3 minutes to avoid over heating (LSR still blinks as it's ranging),

the laser fails after ~12:30 minutes (LSR stops ranging/blinking) just as I'm getting ready to fire at 3rd truck.

• I fire a BRM-1 but the MFD's LSD laser timer doesn't display, the missile misses, as does a second (just to make sure).

Track recorded/tested using DCS Open Beta 2.7.10.19402

JF-17 Laser fails after 12 minutes, 2_7_10_19402.trk

• Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

problem found

it's due to laser life < 0, but this is simulated by ED, and i don't know why it didn't take effect before for wmd7 but got activated since last update.

find a solution

Edited by uboats
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] JF-17 Laser Problem
2 часа назад, uboats сказал:

problem found

it's due to laser life < 0, but this is simulated by ED, and i don't know why it didn't take effect before for wmd7 but got activated since last update.

find a solution

When will it be fixed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stalhuth said:

this is NOT fixed, after rearm / refuel the problem persist 

This is the BUGS section, this reported bug is fixed INTERNALLY and will most likely be pushed by ED with the next patch. This [fixed] tag is only for bug report management, it was reported, it got fixed internally but this is not released yet. For that confirmation you have to wait for the next patch by ED and look up the patch notes for that patch. After release of the fix this thread will probably be moved to the fixed bugs section, if Deka has the time to do it.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

12 hours ago, Torbernite said:

It seems that a hotfix is launched today. Has anyone checked it yet?

Id didn't had time to start DCS yet but considering that the only DCS patch log was this:

DCS World

• Network protocol version increased to avoid crashes connected to weapons in flight during joining of clients.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it wouldn't be the first time the patch log was not complete neither.... 😅

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

16小时前,unknown说:

Id didn't had time to start DCS yet but considering that the only DCS patch log was this:

DCS World

• Network protocol version increased to avoid crashes connected to weapons in flight during joining of clients.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it wouldn't be the first time the patch log was not complete neither.... 😅

In fact I found two updates downloaded in steam but only one changelog. I thought these might be a hotfix and a normal update, but this bug is not fixed yet. It seems that we have to wait for next BIG update.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

7 hours ago, Torbernite said:

In fact I found two updates downloaded in steam but only one changelog. I thought these might be a hotfix and a normal update, but this bug is not fixed yet. It seems that we have to wait for next BIG update.

I don't think we will have to wait that long - I play Open Beta, and despite today's update, my version didn't chaged at all. I only had notification about stable release. 

Yeah contrary to what someone said I guess they aren't super quick at fixing the bugs (or at least implementing them). Not sure if this is on Deka or ED but either way didn't make it into todays patch (Changelog???) despite seeing things specifically for the JF-17 in it? Kind of confused me a bit considering it looked like the same changelog from a while ago. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sanuske4 said:

Yeah contrary to what someone said I guess they aren't super quick at fixing the bugs (or at least implementing them).  

What are you talking about? It took Deka literally less than a week from the bug being reported to them fixing it, not to mention that they are also celebrating Chinese New Year during this time. Besides, you were looking at the stable branch patch update today not OB.

56 minutes ago, sanuske4 said:

Yeah contrary to what someone said I guess they aren't super quick at fixing the bugs (or at least implementing them). Not sure if this is on Deka or ED but either way didn't make it into todays patch (Changelog???) despite seeing things specifically for the JF-17 in it? Kind of confused me a bit considering it looked like the same changelog from a while ago. 

Today's patch just brought Stable up to OB's version number. Nothing new was added or changed in the OB branch, or DCS in general.

7 hours ago, Mustang25 said:

What are you talking about? It took Deka literally less than a week from the bug being reported to them fixing it, not to mention that they are also celebrating Chinese New Year during this time. Besides, you were looking at the stable branch patch update today not OB.

Yeah that makes sense on the log. Also fixed isn't fixed until it's implemented in game. But yeah their reply has been quick which is appreciated. 

10小时前,sanuske4说:

Anyway, an update doesn't contain all the latest internal work before the release moment. I think it may takes some time to check all the change from ED or 3rd parties, so submitting from 3rd parties might be cut off quite early before the update release, and newest internal changes after that may be delayed to next version.

At least for some times I heard from Deka that their latest changes or fixes missed the submitting, and have to wait until next update to release them.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

I think I am having same issue. WMD pod and BRM laser codes match. Solid point track/lock with ground unit, laser set to auto. No laser active and rocket lands nowhere near target. 

Is there confirmation somewhere that this bug will be fixed with next open beta update?

56 minutes ago, evilnate said:

I think I am having same issue. WMD pod and BRM laser codes match. Solid point track/lock with ground unit, laser set to auto. No laser active and rocket lands nowhere near target. 

Is there confirmation somewhere that this bug will be fixed with next open beta update?

In the title, that you clicked on to get here, and at the top of the page, where it says [Fixed].