Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

1 hour ago, dertien said:

Would you consider to make an AI version of the 737 without the wedge as a civilian cargo version?

Hi.

Civil Aircraft Mod's B737 pax (3d model is from -700 variant, but its default liveries packed are based on -800 variant) isn't made its side windows with polygon holes or transparent glasses. They are only painted by diffuse color / normal map / roughmet color.
We can draw its liveries as freighter variants painting over windows and adding a big cargo door.
Amazon Prime Air / TNT / UPS liveries , we've already had.

So, no need to ask it to Cowboy.

• Like 3

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

Am 12.2.2023 um 02:16 schrieb dertien:

Would you consider to make an AI version of the 737 without the wedge as a civilian cargo version?

Like this one?

File:Cargo air Boeing 737-35B(F).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

I have an Source file for the 737-200. But I´m not an 3d artist, just a skinner... 

img00029.jpg.f77a7e0929e750ec3fd519a6a83

Edited by CarloVecchi

Il 14/2/2023 at 03:34, CarloVecchi ha scritto:

I have an Source file for the 737-200. But I´m not an 3d artist, just a skinner... 

img00029.jpg.f77a7e0929e750ec3fd519a6a83

This would be super useful for 70-80-90s scenarios for both civilian and military use!

We need more civilian airplanes as the CAM mod isn't great in 3D models and details.

• Like 2

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

15 hours ago, prccowboy said:

Can you try swapping another big body plane (ex: E-3a) in that same scenario to see if it is airport/taxiway related or if it's specific to the Tu-214?

No, it has nothing to do with Tu-214. Yesterday I had DCS Su-27 also taxiing wrong - on grass (I already have spring in my DCS:) ). Something wrong with DCS Caucasus airports.

• Like 3

We would need more turboprop civilian aircraft (ATRs, EMBs, De Havillands...) as they are operated by military agencies as well (United Nations, Coast Guards, Customs etc.) 🙂

• Like 5

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 months later...

I think I read something about templates for the E7.   If they are available?   Or some kind painter to make it into a RCAF bird?   Some roundels and the grey.

Is the O-2 flyable or is it still an AI?   Looks great.

Prccowboy, I think that Tu-134A "Balkany" (Balkans) (NATO reporting name: "Crusty") could be a great addition too.

Tu-134A "Balkany" is a military version of a passenger Tu-134 airplane and its main role is an airborne command post (as well as a military VIP transport). There is not too much information on it in English (for example here - Tu-134 (16va.be) ). This plane can be identified by the stinger tail which houses the "Balkany" HF antenna. There are also two small HF aerials on top of the fuselage and two under the tail. Below is a photo of a Tu-134A "Balkany" reg. RA-65996 and also a video of its sister plane RA-65733 (it is a Tu-134AK without the stinger tail but also a command post). All these Tu-134s are still operational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqtviom2CTI

RA-65996.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 2:23 AM, Havoc86 said:

Prccowboy, what do you think about this? I think these two could be a great addition to the DCS world)

1) RQ-4A Global Hawk (USAF)

2) RQ-4D Phoenix (NATO)

On 2/5/2023 at 6:47 AM, Scotty Rotten said:

RQ-4, RQ-7 and the like would be so great

I have started multiple projects based on requests in this thread, but most haven't held my interest long enough to progress very far. However, this one *might* make a release. I make no promises - it is a lot of time & effort to make one of these mods and I admit my motivation is dwindling. Most of the subject matter that I focus on is very esoteric. This means that I struggle to justify the amount of work to publicly release a mod for a few community downloads.

So, that said, let me know if there is continued interest in the Global Hawk / Triton and if there are any specific liveries desired.

Screen_230625_081257.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

RQ-4 would be great. I think there are not too many liveries for it as there are not too many operators. USAF and NATO. 

Maybe at least 1 new item for Russia? IL-80, Il-20M, Tu-134A-3/AK? Would be also great. There are many "special" planes in Russia - Soviet tradition.

Anyway thanks for your great work! I use E-7s, P-8s and Tu-214s regularly in my missions. 

• Like 2

I understand your motivation issue very well. But I don't think there were few downloads for, say, P-8. And quite a lot of people made additional liveries to it. 

Speaking generally about ISR/ACP AI planes, they add a lot to the ambience. They can be used with the Hound ELINT, SKYNET IADS etc. scripts to disclose enemy positions including IADS. So I don't think your work is useless. 

• Like 2

Cowboy you are an invaluable modeller that builds high quality mods with superb liveries - that add so much immersion to DCS, for us mere users.
We really appreciate you sharing these with us - for free!

If you ever doubt the popularity of your mods, below is a list of some of your most popular mods with download counts:
P-8 Poseidon (AI only)                                                     Downloaded: 3563
E-7a Wedgetail (AI only)                                                  Downloaded: 3546
Cowboy's (NOT a) SeaHawk UH-60a Mod (AI only)     Downloaded: 3395
UH-60a Livery Pack (Multiple Country H-60 variants) Downloaded: 2793

"We love you man!"...and that's by popular vote on downloads.
The quality of your work is a testament to, not only your ability, but the time & effort you put in.
Requests are just suggestions, by members that appreciate your skills - but you should focus on mods that inspire & motivate you - if that fits in with requests then win/win.
We appreciate everything you do - as we can see the skill & passion you put in, and that inspires us. Even / and especially the more obscure (esoteric) units. Your O-2A Skymaster mod has got me so inspired to create an "Apocalypse Now" mission - just waiting for Vietnam map & Napalm ordinance effects. 
I add your iconic SeaHawk UH-60a Mod to nearly every modern mission I create, because of the superb eye candy, but also the amazing collection of beautiful liveries.

With your skills & ability, just remember "If you build it - they shall come"

Thanks for everything you have created & are going to create - you are a very talented modeller - keep the faith 👏
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, prccowboy said:

I have started multiple projects based on requests in this thread, but most haven't held my interest long enough to progress very far. However, this one *might* make a release. I make no promises - it is a lot of time & effort to make one of these mods and I admit my motivation is dwindling. Most of the subject matter that I focus on is very esoteric. This means that I struggle to justify the amount of work to publicly release a mod for a few community downloads.

So, that said, let me know if there is continued interest in the Global Hawk / Triton and if there are any specific liveries desired.

Screen_230625_081257.png

Yes, please keep  Your excellent work!

• Like 2

thanks to all for the feedback. I'm motivated to finish up the RQ-4/MQ-4C for a public release soon. I still have some coding to do on the flight model and some texture clean-up but I will attempt to get out to my beta-tester asap.

Screen_230627_234131.png

• Like 9

Now Available. Download link in 1st post.

AI only RQ-4 Global Hawk / MQ-4C Triton asset mod

CLP_RQ4.png

The RQ-4 Global Hawk is a high-altitude, long-endurance, remotely piloted aircraft with an integrated sensor suite that provides global all-weather, day or night intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) capability. Global Hawk's mission is to provide a broad spectrum of ISR collection capability to support joint combatant forces in worldwide peacetime, contingency and wartime operations. The Global Hawk provides persistent near-real-time coverage using imagery intelligence (IMINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT) and moving target indicator (MTI) sensors. 

-------
included liveries/variants:
- USA 092038 (default)
- USA 168461 (MQ-4C)
- NATO SA-0015 (Blk 40)
- AUS RAAF 9SQ A57-001

CLP_RQ4_02.png

--------
Changelog:
v1.0.0704: 1st Release

--------
Notes:

The plane will be alphabetically listed with the C's (Cowboy's Livery Pack RQ-4 Global Hawk).
As always, this is my artistic representation based on photos of the actual aircraft / my modeling skills, and not necessarily 100% accurate.
==============

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Installation:
unzip the files and copy the entire contents of the 'Mods' folder in the zip file to your DCS user files folder, example:
C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

(You should end up with a "CLP_RQ4_GLOBALHAWK" folder under Mods/aircraft, example:
"C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\CLP_RQ4_GLOBALHAWK\")

=====
To UNINSTALL:
simply delete the "CLP_RQ4_GLOBALHAWK" folder from the above location (Do NOT delete the entire 'Mods' folder as this will remove any other mods you may have installed)
===============

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4