Swedish Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

On 10/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, currenthill said:

Testing is going according to plan. So I guess it's time to have the talk now. 😜

<Manage expectations mode: ON>

• This is a one-person hobby project, as I have a full-time job!
  • There will be smaller issues that I won't catch in testing, since there are so many assets (thousands of lines of code, closer to 90 EDMs and hundreds of textures).
  • I'm aware of a lot of time consuming issues like too high poly count models, models with lack of details etc, these will be fixed one by one over time in iterations. Main focus now is to release the version 1.00 as a starting point. I'm not a fan of waterfall projects that never finishes.
  • It's very large in size due to the amount of assets, models and textures. Dial-up users won't be happy! 😅

<Manage expectations mode: OFF>

And one more thing...

When released I truly welcome user reported issues in this thread, I will track these for future iterations. But please refrain from focusing too much on weapon specifications. I do a lot of research, as do probably a lot of you, but as you know OSINT sources often differs in their facts. And since we'll probably never know the correct answer for most of these questions, there is no point in arguing them. I spend a lot of time trying to emulate weapon system function, not design. 

I do my best to implement realistic weapon systems that won't be overpowered. Be aware though, some of these assets may feel overpowered just because they are much more modern than many of the ED assets in DCS. 👍🏻

I can't wait thank you Currenthill - hope the final prep is going well!

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, currenthill said:

Testing is going according to plan. So I guess it's time to have the talk now. 😜

<Manage expectations mode: ON>

• There will be smaller issues that I won't catch in testing, since there are so many assets (thousands of lines of code, closer to 90 EDMs and hundreds of textures).
  • I'm aware of a lot of time consuming issues like too high poly count models, models with lack of details etc, these will be fixed one by one over time in iterations. Main focus now is to release the version 1.00 as a starting point. I'm not a fan of waterfall projects that never finishes.
  • It's very large in size due to the amount of assets, models and textures. Dial-up users won't be happy! 😅

<Manage expectations mode: OFF>

And one more thing...

When released I truly welcome user reported issues in this thread, I will track these for future iterations. But please refrain from focusing too much on weapon specifications. I do a lot of research, as do probably a lot of you, but as you know OSINT sources often differs in their facts. And since we'll probably never know the correct answer for most of these questions, there is no point in arguing them. I spend a lot of time trying to emulate weapon system function, not design. 

I do my best to implement realistic weapon systems that won't be overpowered. Be aware though, some of these assets may feel overpowered just because they are much more modern than many of the ED assets in DCS. 👍🏻

So excited for this. A must have on my mod library!

• Like 1

Swedish Military Assets by Currenthill
Release Version 1.00 

uc?id=14f_eT_h3W7Oi49dp2TAMQhBuk58FYQs5

I'm happy to announce the first release version of the Swedish Military Asset pack for DCS.

I ask you to please keep the following in mind: 

• It's very large in size (12 GB) due to the amount of assets, models and textures. Dial-up users won't be happy!
  • When released I truly welcome user reported issues in this thread, I will track these for future iterations. But please refrain from focusing too much on weapon specifications. I do a lot of research, as do probably a lot of you, but as you know OSINT sources often differs in their facts. And since we'll probably never know the correct answer for most of these questions, there is no point in arguing them. I spend a lot of time trying to emulate weapon system function, not design. I do my best to implement realistic weapon systems that won't be overpowered. Be aware though, some of these assets may feel overpowered just because they are much more modern than many of the ED assets in DCS.
  • Again, this is a version 1.00 release.

Also, these are a list of already known issues or limitations with the current version.

• Infantry movement animations needs work.
  • Infantry death animation needs adding.
  • Models have high poly count.
  • Models have high resolution textures.
  • Duplicate models and textures between assets since I keep the different assets separated in the structure for development purposes.

Please feel free to report issues in this thread, while I will certainly log them for incident management, I can't guarantee I will be able to answer everything in the thread. I will be handling new and known issues in the background, as well as adding more assets, for the next release version.

Don't forget to check out the included PDF - it's a collection of all the one-pagers explaining the asset's different capabilities.

All the assets are located under country "Sweden" and have the prefix [SMA] !

Please DO NOT redistribute this mod without permission!

Complete (12 GB)
Download link: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/4b3a558a0/khdyc75n-duep36g9-s9ciibnd-mgtt8ph5

Split zip (2.9/2.9/2.9/2.3 GB)
Download link part 1: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/0bb184e70/imktjfwz-qs9n2xpd-gr2e6kvj-7f4srq8j
Download link part 2: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/37cff4390/fdbz475h-h4r5n9nd-3y55fu9p-mz3khmyj
Download link part 3: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/71b327dd0/ju9hmeyp-xd93qxzt-3twj9ban-3vab9m22
Download link part 4: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/5a5589e30/5st2rhvv-qh7db7km-wagyfug2-4prhzwky

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 19

Wow! Great!! Thanks so much for your hard work you put into your project and sharing it with the community….

I‘ll check as soon as possible……looking so forward to the volvo🤩🤩🤩😉

• Like 3

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

1 hour ago, Gripenens said:

Quick question, do i just add the mod into the "Tech" folder?

No .. the zip file already has the folder structure built-in ... extract into your /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/ folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, currenthill said:

I'm happy to announce the first release version of the Swedish Military Asset pack for DCS.

Really a great Mod, it will take me a while to get to know every asset but it promises to be a very useful addition to DCS .. I will be using the SA Map while I wait for the Kola Map (which indicentally I had planned on skipping its purchase, along with Sinai, as I already have too many Maps and felt like saving the money to purchase more aircrafts), but your Mod has changed my view and I will be going back to the Viggen as soon as that Map arrives.

7NMDAmY.jpg

It is a large Mod at 11.4 GB, no doubt there will be people that might complain about that  🙂  ... on my case, the only critic that cames to my mind, is that this Mod is not really an Assets Pack, rather it looks like a lot of separate Mods, like this:

HzGOnu9.jpg

I would have liked it better if it could be more like a single Mod, for example like the SAM Assets Mod, that way it could have an Icon entry on the DCS desktop.

I will start to edit missions using these assets, as soon as I finish my current Bronco series, thanks a lot for sharing your Mod with the community 🙏

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

32 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

It is a large Mod at 11.4 GB, no doubt there will be people that might complain about that  🙂  ... on my case, the only critic that cames to my mind, is that this Mod is not really an Assets Pack, rather it looks like a lot of separate Mods, like this:

I would have liked it better if it could be more like a single Mod, for example like the SAM Assets Mod, that way it could have an Icon entry on the DCS desktop.

Thanks!

Here's the answer to your question. 

image.png

This will change in the future. For now I need to keep the assets apart during development, because of the large amount of files (textures, LUAs, EDMs etc).

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, currenthill said:

This will change in the future. 

Great 👍 thanks again, for a great mod. 🙂 

• Like 3

I really like the documentation slides that @currenthill has made for each asset ...  I'd love to be able to put them inside the game, I know that the Encyclopedia used to be able to display images, but nowadays it seems that only the 3D-model is supported, this is the best I got 😞

upN7jTn.jpg

Does anyone know how can I place a fixed image instead?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Thalo215 said:

What am I doing wrong?

hard to say, as you provide no information.. maybe a screnshot showing the path where you installed the mod?

I dropped it into the dcs.openbeta folder in my saved games folder and none of the assets show up. i also noticed that the eurofighter has a bug where it is incompatible with the JAS-39 Gripen mod. Assets aren't visible once placed. I wonder if perhaps it was there but because of the gripen mod, it makes things not visible or even show as available.

15 minutes ago, Thalo215 said:

I dropped it into the dcs.openbeta folder in my saved games folder and none of the assets show up. i also noticed that the eurofighter has a bug where it is incompatible with the JAS-39 Gripen mod. Assets aren't visible once placed. I wonder if perhaps it was there but because of the gripen mod, it makes things not visible or even show as available.

on the module manager, does it look like this?

image.jpeg

Edited by Rudel_chw

4 hours ago, Thalo215 said:

no. i don't see those choices in my module manager.

then please provide  a screnshot showing the path where you installed the mod, as clearly the Mod is not installed correctly.

Hi, 
I'm getting this: 

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

I think you need multiple links. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, currenthill said:

Aloha,

I don't have fiber optics yet.
As the file is big, the download on google drive is very long, the difficulty is that it is not possible to resume a download that has been interrupted.
Result : 6 download attempts failed with 1 GB to go...
Is it possible to split the file in 2 ?

Edited by Marroux

14 minutes ago, Marroux said:

Aloha,

I don't have fiber optics yet.
As the file is big, the download on google drive is very long, the difficulty is that it is not possible to resume a download that has been interrupted.
Result : 3 download attempts failed with 1 GB to go...
Is it possible to split the file in 2 ?

I have Fiber optics, but my download keeps getting interrupted within 60sec. The thing is too many people are downloading the mod and there it only 1 link so Google Drive quota exceeded.

38 minutes ago, Septic said:

Hi, 
I'm getting this: 

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

I think you need multiple links. 

this. 

Hello!

Looking very much forward to use the Swedish Military Assets, I only wish that I could download the file...🥺

I suppose many people are downloading this large file  but I get an odd error message: "Sidan fungerar inte" (in Swedish), wich means "Page not working in" English!?

I will try again later and I REALLY HOPE to be able to download the Swedish Military Assets.

It looks AMAZING on the pictures!!!

Best regards:

Otulf

Nedladdning Swedish assets DCS 03.jpg

Edited by Otulf