Swedish Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

39 minutes ago, antiload said:

Hi Currenthill,

FYI: I think there is a problem with the LRAD LvS 103 shooting down missiles. I think this may have something to do with the in game PATRIOT system. This appears currently bugged & has been reported.

🙂 

Ok! Thanks for the info. Do you have any details of the error?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, antiload said:

Thanks! I set up a quick test mission with both Rb103A and Rb103B. Both fired and defeated targets though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will double check my SAM set up. Mine were against scuds. I'll re-test tomorrow and let you know.  If it acts funky, I'll post the track file here 👍

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Thanks! I set up a quick test mission with both Rb103A and Rb103B. Both fired and defeated targets though. 

2 hours ago, antiload said:

I will double check my SAM set up. Mine were against scuds. I'll re-test tomorrow and let you know.  If it acts funky, I'll post the track file here 👍

I think it might be how the SCUD is classified in game. I dont believe SAMs are capable of intercepting MLRS in game. Not sure if the SCUD is coded as such.

2 hours ago, El Phantasmo said:

I think it might be how the SCUD is classified in game. I dont believe SAMs are capable of intercepting MLRS in game. Not sure if the SCUD is coded as such.

The patriot system will intercept scuds based on my experience, but I'm not sure if any other's will. The geometry of scud attacks may make it difficult for other sams to engage them, if that is modeled accurately.

Just tested.

1)

250 km range SCUD strike (2 missiles)

PAC-3 (both mobile and stationary launchers and radars in the group, command vechicle and UndE 23 Radar)

5 km from Patriot site to target point.

2xRb-103A launched at dist 40 km, missed 3/3 tests; 2xRb103B launched at very close distance, missed 2/3 tests. 1 interception was succesful.

2) 

Airplane high speed target (modified Hawkeyes Kizilelma drone), H = 23 km, V = 4000, 4500, 5000, 7000 km/h

Both ED and CH Patriots missed.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:40 PM, Kappa-131st said:

I have an issue with soldiers!
I try to make a scenario (CAS mission) where the KA-50s have to assist a convoy in an ambush.

To prevent the soldiers from killing each other in a few seconds, I put the troops of the two camps in "invisible" mode and I use the "Fire at point" task to simulate the 2 camps shooting at each other, but without killing each other (protected by Covered)

To prevent them from accidentally shooting each other with "fire at point", I set an AGM altitude of 4m (so that they shoot themselves above their heads, the goal being that the helicopters are dealing with the attackers, not the soldiers)...

If the troops used are those of the Swedish pack, I almost always have a crash.

You can reproduce the bug very easily (I have a crash 2 out of 3 times).
If I put "classic" DCS troops, there is no crash.

Hi Currenthill !
Happy new year ! I really appreciate your work, the Swedish pack, the boats, etc... Really quality work!
In particular, I find that you bring units that DCS really lacks, such as anti-ship trucks or specialized infantry (sniper, ATGM, modern manpad...)

Unfortunately, I make another mission with sweedish soldiers and I have same problem: random crash when soldiers shoots something (other troops, on a point...).
Did you reproduce this issue ?
In the current situation, I cannot use the Swedish infantry in the missions that I make for the 131st, because it brings too much risk of crash.
And that's a shame, because clearly, these units are truly amazing, they are awesome!

14 minutes ago, Kappa-131st said:

Hi Currenthill !
Happy new year ! I really appreciate your work, the Swedish pack, the boats, etc... Really quality work!
In particular, I find that you bring units that DCS really lacks, such as anti-ship trucks or specialized infantry (sniper, ATGM, modern manpad...)

Unfortunately, I make another mission with sweedish soldiers and I have same problem: random crash when soldiers shoots something (other troops, on a point...).
In the current situation, I cannot use the Swedish infantry in the missions that I make for the 131st, because it brings too much risk of crash.
And that's a shame, because clearly, these units are truly amazing, they are awesome!

Thanks!

And yep, I have reproduced the error. And I've done a lot of troubleshooting. But haven't been able to pinpoint what it is that causes the crashes. But I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kappa-131st said:

Hi Currenthill !

What other mods are you trying to run with this? I just fired up a test mission with the swedish mod only and infantry worked just fine and I didnt have any CTD

Just now, El Phantasmo said:

What other mods are you trying to run with this? I just fired up a test mission with the swedish mod only and infantry worked just fine and I didnt have any CTD

Reload your mission several times and you will see..
I talked about "random" crashes, no systematic crashes, it only happens once in 3, but it's frequent enough...
Create a new mission with Swedish soldiers who shoot enemy soldiers from the start, and you'll see that your mission often crashes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kappa-131st said:

I talked about "random" crashes, no systematic crashes, it only happens once in 3, but it's frequent enough...
Create a new mission with Swedish soldiers who shoot enemy soldiers from the start, and you'll see that your mission often crashes.

Sure thing. Ill see if I can replicate but just to be sure, are you running this mods with any others? I cant really replicate the error unless I can replicate the conditions.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:35 PM, Kappa-131st said:

It happens every other time or third time when I try out a patrol of three Pskott86 soldiers against a T-72. Haven't bothered looking through logs in detail but still...it is what it is.

49 minutes ago, El Phantasmo said:

Is there any reason why the SAMs are so overpowering? Everything I've about the LvS103 is that its just a regular Patriot system.

In what way do you feel it is overpowered? The LvS-103 is a MIM-104 Patriot system with the PAC-2 GEM-T and PAC-3 MSE missiles. The former is TVM guided and the latter has an active radar seeker. If you compare them to the older SAM systems in DCS core, they will definitely feel overpowered. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 7:35 PM, Kappa-131st said:

New revalations:

Doing new/clean "3 Pskott86 v T-72" mission makes it work EVERY time. But only when also having AT Infantry Updated installed.

Then, removing AT Infantry Updated makes the mission crash every time, right at the beginning.

Will test further.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SFC Tako said:

New revalations:

Doing new/clean "3 Pskott86 v T-72" mission makes it work EVERY time. But only when also having AT Infantry Updated installed.

Then, removing AT Infantry Updated makes the mission crash every time, right at the beginning.

Will test further.

Very interesting! Thanks for the troubleshooting. 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, currenthill said:

In what way do you feel it is overpowered? The LvS-103 is a MIM-104 Patriot system with the PAC-2 GEM-T and PAC-3 MSE missiles. The former is TVM guided and the latter has an active radar seeker. If you compare them to the older SAM systems in DCS core, they will definitely feel overpowered. 👍🏻

Probably so. I havent seen any technical specs to know how much more of an upgrade the new missiles are over the older versions. Where I would say its a bit overpowering is the fact it will shoot down pretty much anything. Anti Radiation missiles launched within 10 miles at supersonic speeds get intercepted. I can understand glide bombs and cruise missiles but the close range missile intercepts would make it difficult take down in a mission. I guess you could just keep throwing missiles at it to run it out of ammo though.

I did some stealth tests on it. The F117 can sneak in and drop GBUs so that works. The B2 gets detected though and that was after I had adjusted its RCS to be more inline with the nighthawk. For reference the Nighthawk is using a RCS of .01, so I adjusted the B2 to be .03.