VR FPS

Jarhead0331

12 minutes ago, YoYo said:

What about the FLIR for you? For me here is a problem (new kind of FLIR on the screen), if it works as day or night = stutter.

Medium/Hight textures = no any changes for me. But FLIR on/off has a big impact.

I used the Apache startup training mission; it wouldnt even load. I will admit that when it did crash, the image of the cockpit did indeed look like it was powered up though...now Im wondering about that. I dunno, its something about high textures that cause memory to spike. Just looking at taskmanager shows DCS loading up over 11.9gb of ram, not counting vram.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

For me, the Apache is perfectly playable with my regular settings, apart from when I'm using PNVS at night. There it's a complete no-go with FPS being slashed from perfectly playable to unplayable level. Didn't manage to figure out how to optimize that yet.

The funny thing is that the overall framerate is OK, but FLIR refresh rate is somehow lower than everything else.

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

2 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I used the Apache startup training mission; it wouldnt even load. I will admit that when it did crash, the image of the cockpit did indeed look like it was powered up though...now Im wondering about that. I dunno, its something about high textures that cause memory to spike. Just looking at taskmanager shows DCS loading up over 11.9gb of ram, not counting vram.

I think there are two separate problems:

1/ memory leak - therefore for some, switching to Medium texture improves the situation, I have 24 VRAM, and I didnt see any RAM problem but I have large stock of free VRAM, so I don't see a problem with that, as well as the change from High to Medium for me, the same.

2/ new FLIR isnt optimalized for VR - I think the resolution type in DCS options doesn't affect that, I even gave 256 and it always looks just as sharp! Picture in picture (MFD) with the same resolution means = stutter.

RpP5Blu.jpg

I think this option doesnt affects new FLIR so perhaps we have the same resolution like the whole picture ... x2. I guess only.

KoHnFFAm.jpg

What helps me is reducing the Visib Range to Medium (from High). The downside is that we have a pop up of autogen but the FPS are much better.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 3/20/2022 at 1:37 PM, Hammer1-1 said:

I love TED talks 😉

Anyways, the consensus is that the majority of apache players are having issues outright with max textures and nothing else. Everything points at an OOM scenario; for those of you that have different results, is how much memory do you have offloading during your flight. Willing to bet you might have something that may or may not be clearing your ram cache on the fly preventing an OOM. An OOM is basically a hard crash due to the memory being congested and unable to move. For some it might simply be how their headset is hooked up to the back of your computer. For Reverbs G1 and G2, its either USB C or 3.0 on top of a DVI (i think thats what it is), and its been known that some motherboards have bandwidth issues and should resort to a powered PCI-E USB hub. So whats different here?

Hi Hammer1-1, the Reverb G2 has a Display port connection. and the usb is a C but HP gives you a C-to USB3.0 adapter and I use the 3.0 port on a PCIe USB card.. I was wondering if I should flush my Memory with that program someone linked a few years ago when DCS had that Memory leak real bad..

Other then my video card being not to good for VR and there is not a thing I can do about it for the mean time as no money available for PC stuff.. which sucks so I am hoping some refinements for the apache happen soon.. but it runs some what barely but I am sure it will get better..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

The USB C to 3.0 adapter isnt exactly as fast as the USB C cable outright, so bandwidth gets kinked right there. I recently started using mine when I got a new cable from HP; the first one didnt work for some reason without the adapter for some reason but the new one does. Seems a bit more stable now and get less stuttering but honestly its been a while since I flew regularly.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Well I have a USB-C Port that I will try using and see what happens.. I did have a rosewill USB-C PCIe card but that did not seem to work? I will look at it later right now I have it plugged into the motherboard usb-c port to test it out as you are right the usb-c is a bit faster.. I thought the USB 3.0 was as fast guess I was wrong..

Thnx for the heads up.. 🙂

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

The Apache problem it´s not only VR related, theres is a performance problem on it, on 2D and VR.

To me, on 2D, i start a Viper on Caucasus and get 150 fps on ground, the same with the Apache gets me 70 fps. Even with the Tomcat, that is a performance hungry module on the same situation i get 140 fps. Viper or Tomcat cockpit looks way more complex than Apache due to all the switches the planes has.

The thing that annoys me is that it looks like this get ED by surprise when, if you follow Matt youtube channel, you can see on his Apache videos it suffer from severe performance drops, that´s why i hate when Matt talked on last interview about Black Shark 3 being a step forward on detailed models, cmon, DCS performance should be fixed before start to even think about an eye candy upgrades...

• Like 3

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

4 ore fa, 5ephir0th ha scritto:

The Apache problem it´s not only VR related, theres is a performance problem on it, on 2D and VR.

To me, on 2D, i start a Viper on Caucasus and get 150 fps on ground, the same with the Apache gets me 70 fps. Even with the Tomcat, that is a performance hungry module on the same situation i get 140 fps. Viper or Tomcat cockpit looks way more complex than Apache due to all the switches the planes has.

The thing that annoys me is that it looks like this get ED by surprise when, if you follow Matt youtube channel, you can see on his Apache videos it suffer from severe performance drops, that´s why i hate when Matt talked on last interview about Black Shark 3 being a step forward on detailed models, cmon, DCS performance should be fixed before start to even think about an eye candy upgrades...

Same here, I use 2D and I have this fps problem only with Apache

Edited by Alessandro1922

Monitor:  LG 27GL850 UltraGear Monitor Gaming 27" G-Sync 2560 x 1440 CASE: Corsair SPEC-OMEGA RGB MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 COOLER: NZXT Kraken X53 240mm HD: 2 x Crucial MX500 1TB and 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe M.2/2 TB NVMe M.2 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PSU: Asus ROG STRIX 750G

It is still early access and its first release. The kinks will get worked out, no worries. I believe it is stable enough for the mass majority of people to use with some tweaks to be enjoyable. They could've very well held it longer and then folks would be displeased with that. Its part of something be early access, and i know most of you are just pointing it out so that they are aware, but dont be frustrated with them, either way someone will be unhappy about something. Just give it some time, and try some workarounds to get it going. I cant tell you how many servers ive been in that every slot if taken and everyone is playing just fine and learning and enjoying, you all can get there, just do some tweaking 😉

Ryzen 7 5800x w/ PBO on, RTX 3070ti w/ OC, 32 GB RAM @3000 | Quest 2, Virpil Joystick, Throttle, and Rudder

There is a reduced cockpit texture set out there now, Im keen to give them a try and report back.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321192/

• Like 4

My wallpaper and skins

I'm getting micro stutters when I turn my TADS on, when I turn the TADS off, it becomes smooth. Same with the TADS in the VID page in the back seat. When I turn it on, the same type of stutters occur, when I turn the video feed off it smooths out. This same sort of stutter always occured in the Hornet as well when I turned the TGP on. And as a test in the Apache, I turned literally every single setting to low/off if it has the option and turned my PD down to .5, same micro stutters occured. The best way to see the stutters is by yawing your head left to right laterally and looking at the knobs on the TDU. Is anyone else in VR experiencing this? With my hardware I'm kinda shocked this is happening with settings that low. I also experiment with ASW using Right CTRL + numpad 1 2 3 and 4 and I can't seem to fix it.

RTX 3080 10GB OC
i9 9900K OC 5.1 GHZ
32GB RAM
Oculus Rift CV1
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSD

Edited by JSpidey
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sirbum said:

I experiance it as well but then i get it in all planes when i turn on flir. If u watch your fps u will see it drops

I remember in the past it never did this, maybe.. DCS 2.5? But after that I can't seem to stop it no matter what I do. It's virtually non existent without VR. What's your specs?

Edited by JSpidey

This issue was reported in FPS VR topic too:

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

36 minutes ago, YoYo said:

This issue was reported in FPS VR topic too:

The issue I'm having has been going on since DCS 2.5, it's FLIR in general not just the TADS, like I said the F/A-18C Lightning and ATFLIR both have the same effect as turning the TADS on.

1 hour ago, IzeHouze said:

Kicking my graphics settings back to the VR Preset resolved most of my FPS issues, even in Multiplayer.  Get it stable then start bringing it up to your preferences.

I had everything low/off if possible and PD down to 0.5, still does it. It's not something I can fix on my end.

Edited by JSpidey

19 minutes ago, JSpidey said:

The issue I'm having has been going on since DCS 2.5, it's FLIR in general not just the TADS, like I said the F/A-18C Lightning and ATFLIR both have the same effect as turning the TADS on.

I had everything low/off if possible and PD down to 0.5, still does it. It's not something I can fix on my end.

I have F/A-18 but it stays still on my shelf, but I fly a lot on AV-8B and no any issue for me in VR in Harrier with FLIR pods / Lightening.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

5 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I have F/A-18 but it stays still on my shelf, but I fly a lot on AV-8B and no any issue for me in VR in Harrier with FLIR pods / Lightening.

Yeah I know. That's what's frustrating, I've already mentioned this problem a ways back, and no one seemed to be having the issue, now that the Apache is released, more people are experiencing what I've been experiencing for almost 2 years now with FLIR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JSpidey said:

I'm getting micro stutters when I turn my TADS on, when I turn the TADS off, it becomes smooth. Same with the TADS in the VID page in the back seat. When I turn it on, the same type of stutters occur, when I turn the video feed off it smooths out. This same sort of stutter always occured in the Hornet as well when I turned the TGP on. And as a test in the Apache, I turned literally every single setting to low/off if it has the option and turned my PD down to .5, same micro stutters occured. The best way to see the stutters is by yawing your head left to right laterally and looking at the knobs on the TDU. Is anyone else in VR experiencing this? With my hardware I'm kinda shocked this is happening with settings that low. I also experiment with ASW using Right CTRL + numpad 1 2 3 and 4 and I can't seem to fix it.

RTX 3080 10GB OC
i9 9900K OC 5.1 GHZ
32GB RAM
Oculus Rift CV1
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSD

With your powerful hardware i think it is a driver configuration problem, maybe something to fix in the nvidia panel or in windows.

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

i think it is a driver configuration problem

Hello all,

I started a separate thread on my VR performance having not seen this one.  Long and short, I had great VR performance with the Apache until I loaded the Syria map - then it dropped to a slideshow.  I fixed that by reducing textures from High to Medium, however since many people seem to have varying degrees of issues, I took the time to share my global settings in the hope it may help some people (Nvidia Control Panel, Steam VR and DCS).

You can find my settings in this thread, here.  Note that some settings are proprietary to my VR headset, which is the HP Reverb G2. Also, my settings are not in my first post, but rather you will have to scroll down to post # 13 to see them.  Again, hope this helps.

@Hammer 1-1 @Jarhead0331

I'm not sure I know what everyone else is getting FPS wise or what settings they have.  My system is stock not overclocked, I got a i5 10600K processor, 32gb ram, DCS running on an SSD, 3080 GPU, and an HP reverb g2 for the VR.   The steam VR settings are 50% resolution and a multiplier of 40%.    Below are the settings I have in DCS.   If I change the pixel density down to 1.5 or 1.3 I don't really notice any FPS difference, tried .9 but things got blurry for me and the FPS not really showing much different.   The only setting I've found right now that impact my performance are the Textures (but only the apache), and the multiplier in Steam VR which I don't really understand what it does at 60% things are horrible at 40% seems good.

image.png

image.png

It seems like this is getting more and more common. I’ve had stellar performance for a while now in both sp and mp, but this week mp dropped off and is borderline unplayable at times with stuttering and poor fps.

it seems to me, and please correct me if I’m way off, but adjusting graphics settings down does have some effect but no where near as much as one would expect. I reduced resolution from 100 to 70%, msaa off and almost no difference to fps. I can see the huge jump in cpu load in mp since a few weeks ago when monitoring it. This all leads me to suspect that our problems are far more cpu processing limiting than gpu and pure graphics. Whist I’m really pleased with all the wonderful things ED has been doing recently with new modules, ai, and systems to existing models, my feeling is very much that we have reached the saturation point whereby no cpu can process it all effectively and we have overload as we are existing on an engine limited to just a single core. All of these great things ED are developing are therefore never going to be able to be utilized fully, especially in vr whilst the engine is being throttled in performance potential. Again, I may be way off, and many will disagree with me, but my view is simple - I’d be very happy if nothing else was released or developed until multicore is implemented, and all effort went into this, therefore actually allowing us to actually benefit from all these great new developments. Until we actually get multicore working all the great developments are somewhat a waste of effort, especially for vr users, as all they do is serve to further overload an aging and crippled engine. And until we get multicore, dcs is rapidly becoming an SP game as MP becomes more and more overloaded and handicapped. 

Amd 6900xt, amd 3800xt, 32gb 3600hz ram, 1tb ssd.

Edited by TED
  • Like 1