Possible to have TADS as sight without image on IHADSS?

arneh
Go to solution Solved by HoneyFox,

11 minutes ago, TheCrysinator said:
22 minutes ago, arneh said:
Is it possible to use TADS as sight in CPG cockpit, without the TADS image appearing in the IHADSS? It's quite obstructive.

One option is to flip up the monocle with the I key. I'm currently trying to figure out if there is another way in another post.

Yes, but assume I want the IHADSS symbology, just not the TADS image.

• Solution

First select HMD as sensor, (open WEP page, click GRAYSCALE for better visualization), then use TDU's Brightness rocker to turn off HMD's FLIR overlay. Finally switch back to TADS sensor and that should be done.

Actions in () are optional.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arneh said:

Yes, but assume I want the IHADSS symbology, just not the TADS image.

Not possible. If you sight select tads it will mirror on the hdu. 

25 minutes ago, HoneyFox said:

First select HMD as sensor, (open WEP page, click GRAYSCALE for better visualization), then use TDU's Brightness rocker to turn off HMD's FLIR overlay. Finally switch back to TADS sensor and that should be done.

Actions in () are optional.

What are you trying to accomplish. I guess this is a method unless you’ve found a weird bug. 

36 minutes ago, HoneyFox said:

Thanks, that sort of works. Although I realize now that the IHADSS still shows TADS symbology, and not IHADSS symbology, which I thought and wanted 😞

11 minutes ago, kgillers3 said:

Not possible. If you sight select tads it will mirror on the hdu. 

That is unfortunate, but thanks for clearing up.

3 hours ago, arneh said:

Is it possible to use TADS as sight in CPG cockpit, without the TADS image appearing in the IHADSS? It's quite obstructive.

I think you hit “i” on your keyboard 

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

18 minutes ago, arneh said:

Thanks, that sort of works. Although I realize now that the IHADSS still shows TADS symbology, and not IHADSS symbology, which I thought and wanted 😞

That is unfortunate, but thanks for clearing up.

If you wanted to keep the HDU in you're eye you can use it as you're targeting if it's at night and then if you wanted to see flight symbiology you could flip your nvs mode switch to norm it'll automatically kick you over to HMD and tads will become a sensor and you'll have flight symbology but yeah if you're targeting you get targeting information.  

In game you could do exactly what @FZG_Immel said and hit I it'll remove the HDU out of your eye, or you can target off the HDU and not look at the TDU.

Edited by kgillers3

34 minutes ago, kgillers3 said:

In game you could do exactly what

IRL if the gunner is using the TADS as the sight he or she would always see the TADS image in the HDU in the right eye, wouldn't they? What I mean is that removing the HDU IRL is never done, right? You could just close your right eye if you need to focus with the left.

I've been struggling with this since I'm not in VR. for now I turn off the IHADS
I want to use the TEDAC screen without the video overlay on the IHADS but still have IHADS on so I don't need to click "i" again after I'm done using TEDAC.

Is it accurate that the Video overlay comes up on IHADS even if the NVS switch is set to off.
Is it accurate that TADS is de-selected when you turn NVS switch to off?

Edited by Essah

47 minutes ago, Fromthedeep said:

IRL if the gunner is using the TADS as the sight he or she would always see the TADS image in the HDU in the right eye, wouldn't they? What I mean is that removing the HDU IRL is never done, right? You could just close your right eye if you need to focus with the left.

Nah, so I swivel the HDU in and out of my eye pending the situation.  It's all dependent on the situation and what you like. Also if you're going to go goggles down HDU gets moved to the side.  

34 minutes ago, Essah said:

Is it accurate that the Video overlay comes up on IHADS even if the NVS switch is set to off.
Is it accurate that TADS is de-selected when you turn NVS switch to off?

First question, if you sight select Tads yes.  That's accurate. It will mirror the Video and Target symbiology both on the TDU and the HDU.  

Second I'm assuming you mean NVS - Norm, I'm getting ready to mess around so I'd have to play with it.  To understand what you mean. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheCrysinator said:
2 hours ago, secretcode said:
Wags just showed how to do it in this video at min 1:17

I mean yeah you can turn the brightness down but you can see that the TEDAC brightness is also affected.

Because he used the level switch instead of BRT. BRT only affects IHADSS (if selected sight is helmet)