Latching laser?

MrReynolds
Go to solution Solved by Recluse,

Just an idea.

Since we have to lase for quite a while, can we possibly please implement a keybaord / joystick cheat for latching the laser on and off.

I have programmed this in my joystick software profile, but when the button is constantly latched and depressed it stops other keypresses from working.  So the work around brings ................... more problems........

I know there are other joystick workarounds that have been implemented within the wider sim - hoping one day we can get this too.

* On the plus side, slewing works when lasing!

You can create your own via the input lua of dcs.  I have already done this myself for some modules.  Whether it also works with apache remains to be seen.

I look at that tonight times and will answer here then again

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 1:43 PM, Hobel said:

You can create your own via the input lua of dcs.  I have already done this myself for some modules.  Whether it also works with apache remains to be seen.

I look at that tonight times and will answer here then again

That sounds good.

The latch really does mess with other keysettings in my Logi software 😞 

EDIT: Actually, holding the laser on NOT latched messes with 50% of my inputs.  Some work, some are frozen out! 🙄  Thankfully slew works!

Edited by MrReynolds

I need to do a little bit of testing as I haven't used it for a while, but I *think* that if you have Voice Attack then you could get that set up in such a way as to hold the laser binding for XX seconds on a button press. It's a functionality of the software that I haven't tried before, but I do seem to remember reading something about it in the manual a long time ago.

I also now think maybe the conflicts arrise when there are muliple "combo" commands being used.

For example my laser key (which i guess I'll change) is ctrl+x.  I bet my zoom keys (which don't work when lasing) are a shift combo.......

Slew is on an axis, therefore no confllct.

Pretty sure however I still had the problem when the laser was simply the space bar......

A temporary solution is similar to the trigger guard solution: 

Here it is. Copy this code:

---------------------------------------------
-- Custom -----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

{	down = tedac_commands.RHG_LRFD_TRIGGER,	cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,	value_down =  1.0,	name = _('RHG LRFD Trigger - SECOND DETENT - PRESS'),	category = {_('TEDAC'), _('Right Handgrip'), _('Custom')}},
{	down = tedac_commands.RHG_LRFD_TRIGGER,	cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,	value_down =  0.0,	name = _('RHG LRFD Trigger - SECOND DETENT - RELEASE'),	category = {_('TEDAC'), _('Right Handgrip'), _('Custom')}},
{	down = tedac_commands.RHG_LRFD_TRIGGER,	up = tedac_commands.RHG_LRFD_TRIGGER,	cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,	value_down =  1.0,	value_up = 0.0,		name = _('RHG LRFD Trigger - SECOND DETENT - PRESS else RELEASE'),	category = {_('TEDAC'), _('Right Handgrip'), _('Custom')}},
{	down = tedac_commands.RHG_LRFD_TRIGGER,	up = tedac_commands.RHG_LRFD_TRIGGER,	cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,	value_down =  0.0,	value_up = 1.0,		name = _('RHG LRFD Trigger - SECOND DETENT - RELEASE else PRESS'),	category = {_('TEDAC'), _('Right Handgrip'), _('Custom')}},

and then paste it into this file:
`C:\...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Input\AH-64D_CPG\joystick\default.lua`

in this location near the top:
image.png

There you go. Enjoy. The catch is that this file may be replaced during DCS Repair or a DCS version update. You will have to replace the code afterwards. Just keep this thread handy and you'll be fine. I have tested it ingame and it works great.

image.png

Edited by Bailey

• Solution
37 minutes ago, falcon_120 said:

Is it possible to use a "latch" mode for the laser similar to A10c or viper/hornet style? Where a single press turn lasing on and off? Or is that not a thing in the AH64D?

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

You can use a switch vs. momentary button on your HOTAS. I use my Speedbrake switch for the Laser and it continues to fire as long as the switch is in the position mapped to Detent 2

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Recluse said:

You can use a switch vs. momentary button on your HOTAS. I use my Speedbrake switch for the Laser and it continues to fire as long as the switch is in the position mapped to Detent 2

Aha ... good idea.