Apache Failed Startup

Belphe

Haven’t watched but figured I’d let you know that there is a known bug with engine two where it makes it to about 51% before unwinding… the fix is handled but I think the story is that it didn’t make the last update. You can work around it by slowly increasing the throttle on engine two during startup, then decreasing it back to idle once the engine is at about 58%. Just fyi.

• Like 4

Not a solution of your issue but, kick the both of engine switches to start engines at the same time. 🙂

And then, kick the both power levers to idle at the same time. 😄

...and see what happens...

• Like 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Had this problem. I start engine 1 once it's in the green I advance the throttle forward (Full). Then I start engine 2 and once it's in the green and stable I advance the throttle to full. I then kill the APU. 

• Like 1

I've encountered the same problem today and once before, I noticed that it happens if the outside temperature is 30 deg or above, solved it by letting the NG% of the right engine fall to 0, increasing the left engine RPM to full (fly) and then going throgh the startup procedure of the right engine again. It started, but it's NG% was about 3% lower then the left engine.

• Like 1

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

You are waiting too long to start the second engine, apparently it's 20 seconds from the engine 1 start reaching 66% (I read that somewhere), you must start it within that time, otherwise fubar.  Whether it's a bug or not I don't know.

Edited by Nevyn
  • Like 1

I think I read somewhere that it becomes a problem above 26 degrees OAT. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

10 hours ago, Maduce said:

Had this problem. I start engine 1 once it's in the green I advance the throttle forward (Full). Then I start engine 2 and once it's in the green and stable I advance the throttle to full. I then kill the APU. 

Not sure this will fix it, but a side note nontheless, DCS manual and real life manual both say you advance both throttles together up to FLY after both engines stabilised at IDLE. So engine 1 start and Throttle Lever 1 to Idle, the Engine 2 start and Throttle Lever 2 to IDLE, then advance both together smootly up to FLY.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

engine 2 issues are reported and will be fixed soon. 

thanks

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/6/2022 at 2:20 AM, Nevyn said:

You are waiting too long to start the second engine, apparently it's 20 seconds from the engine 1 start reaching 66% (I read that somewhere), you must start it within that time, otherwise fubar.  Whether it's a bug or not I don't know.

Normal use of APU in other aircraft  -  You never stress it with double bleed to start engines. Extreme high APU EGT will occur.

Start valve close to eng 1 - then start open valve to eng 2.  Let the APU cool down a bit between starts is a good practice.