BETTER 3d in VR (greater depth) !!!

pastranario3

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Stereo has been removed. 3D Vision is not supported anymore by the driver for ages now.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4781

if you still using old 3dvision rigs with older drivers you should also stay on old profile inspector 😉

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi all,

I was looking for something like this from day one with oculus dk2.

When I was useing 3Dvision I used convergence hack so I could turn 200% and the dapth was great.

Does any one know what these numbers meens.Can we change them? I want more of deph. 🙂

image.png

Tnx and Regards,

Luka

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2022 at 1:58 PM, Eaglewings said:

I had those choppy play just firing up dcs immediately after I updated the Nvidia driver to the latest.
Restarted my pc and dcs ran smoothly.
Perhaps something to do with the Nvidia drivers IMHO.

This is almost certainly due to Shader Compilation stutter. It will happen after every DCS update or GPU driver update

On 4/12/2022 at 5:36 PM, rcjonessnp175 said:

I still like to know if somebody sees anything with oculus,  sounds to me WMRand steam vr headsets had something screwy with profile and this fixed it for some…. I remember back in wmr Samsung odyssey days that tool ED put in for mis alignment of lenses when I messed with that I got a much more extreme 3d picture.  

I've been lurking in this thread since it was created, and had this on my list of things to try for awhile but never got around to it...until last night.

As others have commented, it's hard to put my finger on how the image has changed but I absolutely get more depth, to the point where my brain is sending tingles down to my gut as if I'm on a rollercoaster whenever I nose down for a dive or while carving around some mountains.  600+ hours in DCS, 99.99% of that done in VR using my same Oculus Quest 2, and never once have I had that feeling in my stomach or the sensation of being on the roof of a skyskraper and looking over the edge prior to last night.

For Specifics of what I'm running:
Quest 2 @90Hz and maxed out slider resolution | Oculus Dev Tool Encode Res width 3648, Bitrate 420, ASW Disabled, Dynamic Bitrate disabled
Running DCS using Open Composite along with OpenXR Toolkit, so I launch DCS in SteamVR mode but it's not actually Steam VR but rather OpenComposite and OpenXR. In OXR Toolkit, running 140% NIS Scaling and no post processing

I used the older version of the NV Prof inspector that has all 5 settings and made changes to my GLOBAL profile.  I have other DCS specific settings already configured in NVCP so I suspect the new tweaks from the global profile are layering on top of my DCS profile settings.

When I first turned the effect on, I had all shadows to off(except Secondary Shadows because wth) and launched in a free flight Caucasus mission in the hornet. I noticed it immediately from the moment I was in the cockpit, to the point where the increased depth almost made me wonder if shadows were back on.

I then went back to the main menu, switched Shadows to High and Terrain Shadows to default, and relaunched DCS.  Effect was still there, but with shadows added into the mix, flying over the caucuses, I was struck by how life like everything was.  I know it's not just the shadows either, as I was running High/Default up until a week ago and yes they added to the realism and gave more illusion of depth to a degree but nothing like what this tweak has done.

Going to do some low and slow flying in the hornet tonight to check out the forests and beaches in the Marianas and scare some princes in Dubai.  

Edited by Paul_Exotic
Added more detail on how I applied the tweak
  • Like 2

Good for you Paul and congrats!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Has this just put things back the way they used to be, and somehow I didn't realize that the stereo effect was no longer operating (with me assuming that I had simply become dulled to the VR experience somehow)?

Or is what I'm seeing now how vorpx used to look (on stereomode) combined with normal DCS VR and what I am actually remembering is my experience with vorpx? Not sure, but if the latter is true then stereo/vorpx was more 3D than default VR...

But big improvement! Strange how this isn't implemented by default...

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,