HSD SPI Symbol Missing When a Sensor is Not SOI

Hobel

49 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

HSD must be SOI to see HSD cursor (white cross)

the post isn't about the HSD cross that can be moved around, but rather about the Cross that should appear on the Active selected steerpoint/SPI, indicating where the SPI is. it's not about the HSD cross to select items with when the HSD is SOI

it used to be there even if the TGP wasnt an actively selected MFD page. an example can be seen on Wags Tutorial video for the HARM POS - RUK mode. the left MFD in that video shows the (at that time before the A-G Radar) A-A radar and later wags replaces it with the WPN page, and the right display shows the HSD and a clearly visible cross for the selected steerpoint and SPI for the HARM to fly to. The cross is currently missing in almost every case

Screenshot 2022-06-01 204340.png

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
added screenshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the issue was missed, the OP is not talking about the HSD cursor, but the SPI cross that appears on HSD,

He is saying that when HUD is SOI we don't get the SPI cross on the HSD if we slew the HUD Box around.

Edited by Furiz

• ED Team

Checking waypoints now 

edit: 

You need to select a SPI or be in CCRP, once the SPI has been created you will have the cross on the waypoints. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Wags changed the title to HSD SPI Symbol Missing in AG Mode

tested it aswell. my results are: no matter what weapon, the cross only shows, when either the AG Radar OR the TGP are shown actively on any MFD.

It does not show in the combination of WPN page and HSD page shown together. also, it disappears asap if the TGP or AGR page arent shown (either set BLANK instead of AG Radar or TGP) or just activate the TEST page while having the HSD open on the right side.

track and screenshot attached

(current OB)

Screen_220601_214343.png

HSD cross.trk

more screenshots due to size

Screen_220601_214455.png

Screen_220601_214340.png

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
  • Like 3

• ED Team

ok, yes there seems to be something going on when a sensor capable of creating a SPI is not enabled, we will investigate further. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Wags changed the title to HSD SPI Symbol Missing When a Sensor is Not SOI
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic