Humble Request with upcoming F-5E update

As part of the F-5E improvements coming this year, I would humbly like to request the following:

1. Optional Air Refueling Probe, as this was a purchasable option for the F-5E, and would allow for more variety with mission planning
  2. Raw scan or measurements of interior cockpit dimensions, for those of us (like me!) who wish to build an F-5E sim pit 

Thank you for your consideration!

• Like 8

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

On 6/22/2022 at 2:50 PM, _BringTheReign_ said:

As part of the F-5E improvements coming this year, I would humbly like to request the following:

1. Optional Air Refueling Probe, as this was a purchasable option for the F-5E, and would allow for more variety with mission planning
  2. Raw scan or measurements of interior cockpit dimensions, for those of us (like me!) who wish to build an F-5E sim pit 

Thank you for your consideration!

Agree 100% plus can we add some more operational F-5 skins in the US, like more SEA camo or Vietnam era camo skins. There's so many amazing ones made by the community

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Gonna rain on the parade here:

ED won't add 4x sidewinder carriage, even if it only requires a small change in code & matches most export users (and we have mission specific loadout restrictions, for this exact purpose); there's no way we're getting new radios and a refueling probe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/24/2022 at 10:38 AM, Raviar said:

very few F-5 got the prob, and it was customized, same goes with 2nd radio
it is not realistic 

Source?

Considering many do have an optional probe and the second radio IRL (as well as the ability to carry AGM-65 Maverick) I would say it is in fact realistic, and you Sir are talking rubbish.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I know is not going to happen, but it would be great to get the F-5E at the level of the ones purchased by the US Navy from the Swiss air force, with INS and ILS. It would be 100% realistic and it would give those birds real IFR capabilities. It would be better if this module were upgraded to the F-5N level (I would even pay a few bucks for that upgrade), but that small upgrade would make this module attractive again. It's really limited right now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alba57 said:

I know is not going to happen, but it would be great to get the F-5E at the level of the ones purchased by the US Navy from the Swiss air force, with INS and ILS. It would be 100% realistic and it would give those birds real IFR capabilities. It would be better if this module were upgraded to the F-5N level (I would even pay a few bucks for that upgrade), but that small upgrade would make this module attractive again. It's really limited right now. 

Would also be nice to have working navigation options outside of tacan (which heaps of anirports don’t have) and direction finding radio which is not really used on a lot of maps.  Other than the f10 map…

Would also pay for the upgrade; love the f5 but navigation and bad weather in it is awkward.  If there’s a legit version of the real plane with those capabilities maybe add it in as an option.

Edited by throAU
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...