Raven One: Dominant Fury - current status / bugs / workarounds

54 minutes ago, pieroboy99 said:

So if there's nothing to do, i'll have to drop that mission AGAIN, as it already arrived once with M8 i think !

Too bad.....as i'm a great fan of  @Baltic_dragon 's work !!!

Same here mate, I skipped the mission for now. I too love his campaigns and it's super frustrating to have what feels like every 3rd mission ruined by bugs in DCS or other 3rd party poducts...

Regarding the wheel chock workaround for Mission 6, my experience is actually the opposite: You have to leave the wheel chocks ON until the tomcat hits you. If I have wheel chocks ON, I don't take any damage. If I have wheel chocks OFF, I take damage.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

On 9/30/2022 at 9:16 PM, Jakes said:

Sadly Mission 8 still freezes and I have to force quit the games within 40nm of Mother.

Just flew mission 12, everything worked until I was within 40nm of the get well point and then it did the same as Mission 8.

Seems the Tomcats are a curse in DCS at this point

I am having the same issue. At the end of the mission when I am handed off to standard comms for RTB. When I let Mother know I am inbound, the game freezes and crashes in the middle of getting the info needed to land on the carrier. Happened three times in a row, so I have had to skip the mission to proceed. 

I have had no other issues with any of the mission. Currently just finished M10

On 10/25/2022 at 11:23 AM, gutersnipe said:

I am having the same issue. At the end of the mission when I am handed off to standard comms for RTB. When I let Mother know I am inbound, the game freezes and crashes in the middle of getting the info needed to land on the carrier. Happened three times in a row, so I have had to skip the mission to proceed. 

I have had no other issues with any of the mission. Currently just finished M10

Did you try to disable the Tomcat module before flying it, as advised in the first post?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey Baltic: Appreciate all the long hours you put into this campaign man I know it's not as easy at it looks. 

To that end.. I am trying to complete mission 14 currently and the AI keeps directing different planes to the cats and they keep crashing into each other, OR when I am directed to go to CAT 1 my wingman nearly crashes into me. 

I did finally manage to get up in the air only to see one of the f14s I think it was venom 31 nose dive into the water about 10 miles from the boat. It was flying fine then all of a sudden went nose down into the sea. 

WORST OF ALL... I tried this same mission the other night and took off from the boat fine, no issues other than avoiding OLIVE from crashing into me on the deck. I got through the final stage of the CSAR. Both helos picked up the downed pilots and upon egress my game crashed. BOOM. have to start from square one.  I would think it was a GPU issue only this wasn't the first time this mission crashed on a PC that handles graphics intensive multiplayer servers with ease. (3060 TI, w/ 32 GB dd4 ram, and a i7 processor) 

PLEASE HELP!

Just a heads up, I jumped on to check out if the f14 Ai crash issue had be solved in 2.8 patch on Mission 8, seems the push to next wp doesnt trigger after "items check" at wp1 ai just keeps orbiting at 1 no mission progress.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brran said:

Just a heads up, I jumped on to check out if the f14 Ai crash issue had be solved in 2.8 patch on Mission 8, seems the push to next wp doesnt trigger after "items check" at wp1 ai just keeps orbiting at 1 no mission progress.

Same with me. After flight announce pushing they all just stay in the stack at wp1.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, brran said:

"MISSION 8 AI does not push from anchor point

The AI refuses to push at designated  time, which is caused by a newly introduced DCS bug with TIME MORE... trigger for breaking action (in this case: orbit) not working properly. I am working on a quick fix for this which I'll make available for everyone."

I updated the original post, this is - as I suspected - a newly introduced core game bug; may affect other missions and other campaigns too... reported it. 

On 10/27/2022 at 7:53 PM, OuuYouLikeDat said:

Hey Baltic: Appreciate all the long hours you put into this campaign man I know it's not as easy at it looks. 

To that end.. I am trying to complete mission 14 currently and the AI keeps directing different planes to the cats and they keep crashing into each other, OR when I am directed to go to CAT 1 my wingman nearly crashes into me. 

I did finally manage to get up in the air only to see one of the f14s I think it was venom 31 nose dive into the water about 10 miles from the boat. It was flying fine then all of a sudden went nose down into the sea. 

WORST OF ALL... I tried this same mission the other night and took off from the boat fine, no issues other than avoiding OLIVE from crashing into me on the deck. I got through the final stage of the CSAR. Both helos picked up the downed pilots and upon egress my game crashed. BOOM. have to start from square one.  I would think it was a GPU issue only this wasn't the first time this mission crashed on a PC that handles graphics intensive multiplayer servers with ease. (3060 TI, w/ 32 GB dd4 ram, and a i7 processor) 

PLEASE HELP!

Hey man, I will have a look at M14 deck issues. The problem is that the system governing that is the most complex thing one can imagine and it usually takes hours to set up such a big mission. And then with every second update something will change with the logic and you end up with a quagmire. I will try to fix and keep you guys posted. 

PS. It may be a simple fix - sometimes some flights loose their “uncontrolled” status which leads to these kinds of problems. 

Edited by baltic_dragon

2 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey man, I will have a look at M14 deck issues. The problem is that the system governing that is the most complex thing one can imagine and it usually takes hours to set up such a big mission. And then with every second update something will change with the logic and you end up with a quagmire. I will try to fix and keep you guys posted. 

PS. It may be a simple fix - sometimes some flights loose their “uncontrolled” status which leads to these kinds of problems. 

Thats really not fair on the Builders, at the end of the day, your (as in all campaign builders) campaigns are mostly wot draw people in, you would think ED would have some continuity which such things, as these changes basically comes off your profits!!

• Like 1

Mission 1, I can't even complete the take off. This is so hard despite I have taken off from the carrier more than I could count. 

I was instructed to taxi to CAT 2, I went, throttle all the way up to mil was not enough to hook onto the catapalt. Therefore I used after burner. Yay, I got on, after all the waiting I was ready to take off.

Launched from the carrier, and my speed was below 150 with afterburner on. my fuel drained quickly but I cannot exceed 170 knots. Aoa stayed at 14, gear warning went off... I could't keep the jet leveled and keep losing altitute.

I am frustrated, went to 4ya and take off from a carrier, no problem. I want to experience this story so please could you help me?

2 hours ago, jdfocus1985 said:

Launched from the carrier, and my speed was below 150 with afterburner on. my fuel drained quickly but I cannot exceed 170 knots. Aoa stayed at 14, gear warning went off... I could't keep the jet leveled and keep losing altitute.

Can you try again and record a track or a video?

Also, make sure that Options -> Gameplay -> Game Flight Mode is not checked.

7 hours ago, jdfocus1985 said:

Mission 1, I can't even complete the take off. This is so hard despite I have taken off from the carrier more than I could count. 

I was instructed to taxi to CAT 2, I went, throttle all the way up to mil was not enough to hook onto the catapalt. Therefore I used after burner. Yay, I got on, after all the waiting I was ready to take off.

I am frustrated, went to 4ya and take off from a carrier, no problem. I want to experience this story so please could you help me?

This should have nothing to do with the campaign itself - as campaign creator I have no control over such things as catapults etc… as Yurgon says a track would be useful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jdfocus1985 said:

Another thought: was there a Tomcat on the cat next to you? I've noticed I can't hook up next to a hooked up Tomcat since their wings are too wide, and the deck crew will wait for it to take off before giving you the hand signal to approach and hook you up.

BD: was able to take off from cat on mission 14 though Olive scraped my nose with her wing (without causing damage), v2.8 Nov 1 (before Nov 2 hotfix)

Edited by Colonel Akir Nakesh

On 11/3/2022 at 2:14 AM, Yurgon said:

Can you try again and record a track or a video?

Also, make sure that Options -> Gameplay -> Game Flight Mode is not checked.

Yuppie,that solves the problem. Since when is there an option that force my setting over the champaign setting. Thanks dude, the mission was great. Scripted to screwed up my case 3 on purpose, but very challenging lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jdfocus1985 said:

Yuppie,that solves the problem. Since when is there an option that force my setting over the champaign setting.

It's mission dependent. Every mission can chose to override a whole lot of settings - or not. I suppose in this case Baltic Dragon chose not to override or enforce the flight mode setting, and so your normal game-wide setting took effect.

Glad it's working now for you! 🙂

Hello Baltic Dragos guys!

Spoiler

I've just completed M14 but I just got a 'mission failed' advice right before taking deck on the carrier.

I did not understand why, given that Flip called 'HOME RUN' right before the tanking going back to mother.

Looking into the TacView later, I'm pretty sure I got the message right in the moment when clementine22 just crashes in the water (it does not reach USS Veracruz/LHA Samson).

Let me know guys if you want me to send you the TacView file for review and if this had happened before.

Cheers!

Capture.PNG

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

Mission o8 CTD on my side  about 40 nm away from carrier after successfully taking Red to divert base. Three vehicles destroyed. I do not own the F14 module

Last four lines On my log file were:

022-11-06 20:41:11.481 ERROR   ED_SOUND (4484): can't load wave: "speech\eng\common\atc_navy_marshal\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickbefore.wav"
2022-11-06 20:41:11.495 ERROR   ED_SOUND (4484): can't load wave: "speech\eng\common\atc_navy_marshal\digits\point-continue"
2022-11-06 20:41:11.504 ERROR   ED_SOUND (4484): can't load wave: "speech\eng\common\atc_navy_marshal\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickafter.wav"
2022-11-06 20:41:31.568 ERROR   ED_SOUND (4484): can't load wave: "speech\eng\common\navy_player\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickbefore.wav"
2022-11-06 20:41:31.569 ERROR   ED_SOUND (4484): can't load wave: "speech\eng\common\navy_player\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickafter.wav"

The campaign is awesome, with a lot of details and nice touches. Im posting this just in case it is of any help.