ATC not responding to "request takeoff"

Nereid

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I've been experiencing some communication issues in DCS 2.9 OpenBeta recently and could use some assistance. I have "easy comms" turned off, and I've ensured that my radio keybinding is correctly configured. As an example, when I call ATC and submit a request for startup, I receive a reply. However, the problem arises afterward – I don't get the option to request taxi. Instead, the system repeats the request for startup line.

Any insights or tips on resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gideon

6 hours ago, Gideon312 said:

Hey everyone,

I've been experiencing some communication issues in DCS 2.9 OpenBeta recently and could use some assistance. I have "easy comms" turned off, and I've ensured that my radio keybinding is correctly configured. As an example, when I call ATC and submit a request for startup, I receive a reply. However, the problem arises afterward – I don't get the option to request taxi. Instead, the system repeats the request for startup line.

Any insights or tips on resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gideon

hello. unfortunately this is a known and sometimes works and sometimes does not issue. i have read they are reworking ATC which likely means you are out of luck on it being fixed for a while. it may be affected by the map you are on too.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Experiencing this as well..

Request engine start, it gets approved...

Then I can't request taxi, the only option is to request engine start... after taxiing a short while (don't know if it is distance or time triggered) I get a taxi clearance.

Takeoff clearance gets given, then revoked when I start the takeoff, and a couple of seconds later I get the takeoff clearance again...

This behaviour is only recent.. if anyone wants a track file let me know...

Thx,

Fresh

18 minutes ago, Fresh said:

Experiencing this as well..

Request engine start, it gets approved...

Then I can't request taxi, the only option is to request engine start... after taxiing a short while (don't know if it is distance or time triggered) I get a taxi clearance.

Takeoff clearance gets given, then revoked when I start the takeoff, and a couple of seconds later I get the takeoff clearance again...

This behaviour is only recent.. if anyone wants a track file let me know...

Thx,

Fresh

i have seen the same series of events you shared at least since version 2.7. if you post a track, you have a better chance of an official response from someone. the devs cannot work on something just because a user reports with no empirical evidence.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

This bug was already reported:

Hopefully it will be fixed soon 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

threads merged

thanks, but this is not a Syria bug, it happens on other maps too.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Tested with VAICOM on several maps. No problems, works as usual, (except for the annoying one when you taxi onto the runway after getting cleared to do so). It might be something with the radio menu, as VAICOM doesn't use it.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 2:42 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I updated to latest OB yesterday, and noticed that now ATC does not provide permission to Taxi, it only gives clearance to Start. I noticed this issue on a mission that I've been editing for the last few days, for the Nevada Map. I tested on Caucasus and the bug is still present. I'm attaching a track showing the issue.

Hope it can be fixed soon, as the Taxi clearance informs the player which runway to use, which was an important item for my mission.

If I taxi my aircraft anyway, without ATC clearance, then I do receive the message giving taxi permission, but the prior procedure was to ask before starting to taxi.

Edit: Forgot to indicate that I'm running DCS with no users mods active, nor I'm using VAICOM. However, I do use DCS-BIOS and Tacview.

AJS37 - ATC does not allow asking for Taxi.trk 587.26 kB · 6 downloads

I have been having the same issue with AI ATC. Clearance to start-up works fine, when I go into the comms menu to ask permission to taxi, the 'Request Start-up' menu option is still active. Once I begin to taxi THEN I get the cleared to taxi message. From then on, everything works fine - Request takeoff etc.

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

• 3 weeks later...