'First In, Weasels Over Syria' by Ground Pounder Sims - A new campaign in development

ChillNG

Absolutely the best campaign I've yet seen in DCS. We've never had this degree of customability in mission, and we need more of this high standard of campaign and missions going forward.

The only thing I would love to see is an option to use more than the dot labels. While I appreciate realism is key, and this campaign delivers in spades, many of us use DCS with certain assists - typically and only labels from those available - for a range of reasons and not least to compensate for the inability to observe as one does in real life.

@ChillNG, my friend, you get a resounding five stars for this fantastic and engaging work of art, but I do wish you'd allow us to choose how we fly and fight your campaign, and specifically allow us control over something as critical as labels. That said well done.

5 hours ago, Wizz said:

Absolutely the best campaign I've yet seen in DCS. We've never had this degree of customability in mission, and we need more of this high standard of campaign and missions going forward.

The only thing I would love to see is an option to use more than the dot labels. While I appreciate realism is key, and this campaign delivers in spades, many of us use DCS with certain assists - typically and only labels from those available - for a range of reasons and not least to compensate for the inability to observe as one does in real life.

@ChillNG, my friend, you get a resounding five stars for this fantastic and engaging work of art, but I do wish you'd allow us to choose how we fly and fight your campaign, and specifically allow us control over something as critical as labels. That said well done.

Hi thanks for the feedback, always appreciated and great to hear your thoughts on the campaign.  Labels vs dots vs nothing is always a hard one, as is player choice vs creators vision for the campaign.  I've tended to come down on the decision of neutral dots as I generally want to avoid the blue/red markers being used, a key reason being that there are times in my campaigns where I want to avoid the player being able to identify which side a unit belongs to, but I know some people like some assistance so I feel neutral dots is a good compromise.

I'm very open minded to feedback and ideas though, so would be great to hear what people think on the subject...would full labels be that much more helpful? Are dots not enough to assist with spotting.  Let me know your thoughts and I'll give it due consideration.

Edit - does the enforce your settings in mission option not override this for you?

Edited by ChillNG

11 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Can you help me out here (sorry a bit off topic), which additional unit(s) does KS-19 need to fire on its long range? It has to be some additional unit to help them to fire those huge shells 🙂

In DCS it needs the firecan radar, not sure it will fire without it.

• Thanks 1

This campaign and its “sister campaign” Cerberus North are-by far- THE best campaigns for DCS. The intel, docs, briefings, the mil-sim like traffic/ingress/egress corridors, voice acting and missions are all amazing. Very realistic without being annoying about it (having to fly a certain distance off my leads wing or some crap). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike_CK said:

This campaign and its “sister campaign” Cerberus North are-by far- THE best campaigns for DCS. The intel, docs, briefings, the mil-sim like traffic/ingress/egress corridors, voice acting and missions are all amazing. Very realistic without being annoying about it (having to fly a certain distance off my leads wing or some crap). 

Thanks for the feedback!

Really phenomenal campaign thus far. Appreciate the amazing attention to detail and immersion!

One tactical question I had -- is there a reason why pre-push refuelings don't feature in some of the long-legs early missions, particularly where we have to take 3 bags? I can totally understand lowering the campaign's barrier to entry by not requiring refueling for the player on every mission - that makes sense. I just wondered if pre-vul refueling could be an option on some missions where you have to take that center tank to make it possible without tanking.

But that's such a small nit -- your campaigns are among the best out there! 

58 minutes ago, EagleDriver95 said:

Really phenomenal campaign thus far. Appreciate the amazing attention to detail and immersion!

One tactical question I had -- is there a reason why pre-push refuelings don't feature in some of the long-legs early missions, particularly where we have to take 3 bags? I can totally understand lowering the campaign's barrier to entry by not requiring refueling for the player on every mission - that makes sense. I just wondered if pre-vul refueling could be an option on some missions where you have to take that center tank to make it possible without tanking.

Thanks very much!

2 hours ago, EagleDriver95 said:

Yes. This. I actually enjoy AAR and pre-vul refueling is pretty standard on missions. Makes much more sense to top off once you have reached altitude than to have to conserve gas so you can make it to the tanker on the way home

On 10/28/2023 at 6:38 AM, Mike_CK said:

Yes. This. I actually enjoy AAR and pre-vul refueling is pretty standard on missions. Makes much more sense to top off once you have reached altitude than to have to conserve gas so you can make it to the tanker on the way home

It's a fair point. But as the mission are designed to be completable without AAR it would add unnecessary complexity, TOTs are already hard enough to plan as you have the player base taking different amounts of time to even start the aircraft.

Hellooooo... I try the first missione...i love 🙂  I buy, but... i have a big problem. First mission, ramp start ok..but press f10 for the map, dcs go in crash. I play DCS in VR. 

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.

www.69squadrone.it

[url="https://www.facebook.com/operationadriaticsea1[/url]

S.O: Win7 64bit,MB: ASUS Formula IV ,CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4 @ 4.0 + Corsair Hidro H70 ,GPU: sli 2xGainward 570GTX "Golden Sample" HTC, HD: Raptor 10.000 rpm 500gb,RAM: DDR3 Corsair Extreme 1800Mhz 12gb ,Accessories:TrackIR4 6DOF, Hotas Cougar mod cubby, pro pedals, mfd pack + samsung led 8".

Hotas Warthog serial 05629.

7 hours ago, TCKnight said:

Hellooooo... I try the first missione...i love 🙂  I buy, but... i have a big problem. First mission, ramp start ok..but press f10 for the map, dcs go in crash. I play DCS in VR. 

Might be worth a look here at this guide, if you've got any mods installed it's always worth trying without:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This campaign is amazing, one of the best in DCS, and definitely THE campaign to have for any Viper fan. The briefing materials, voice acting, and player choices are superb.  This is one I'll play several times. @ChillNG make more please!

• Like 1

System: Core i9 10980XE @ 4.00GHz -- MB: X299 UD4 Pro -- 32GB RAM -- RTX4070ti -- 1TB Intel NVMe x2 -- Win10 pro

5 hours ago, Fuggzy said:

This campaign is amazing, one of the best in DCS, and definitely THE campaign to have for any Viper fan. The briefing materials, voice acting, and player choices are superb.  This is one I'll play several times. @ChillNG make more please!

Thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I started the mission and at the beginning the message right upfront says to contact tower for permission for engine start.

Frequencies should be already set.
But when I hit Comms Menu and request engine start....-->Nothing happens...no answers.
If i contact ground crew, I get a response.

Any ideas?

Edited by vienna

2 minutes ago, vienna said:

Hi

I started the mission and at the beginning the message right upfront says to contact tower for permission for engine start.

Frequencies should be already set.
But when I hit Comms Menu and request engine start....-->Nothing happens...no answers.
If i contact ground crew, I get a response.

Any ideas?

Yep that's an easy one 🙂.  It's because you're selecting the wrong option from the radio menu, it's a common mistake.

First make sure the battery switch is set all the way to main power, this will add the 'F10 option' to the radio menu.

When you open the radio menu, please make sure you select the F10 option, not the F5 ATC option.  It's amazing how often people read the 'select the F10 option message' and still go for the F5 option, must be something in how our brains are wired lol.

Hope that helps!  Please come back to me if you need anything else.

22 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Yep that's an easy one 🙂.  It's because you're selecting the wrong option from the radio menu, it's a common mistake.

First make sure the battery switch is set all the way to main power, this will add the 'F10 option' to the radio menu.

When you open the radio menu, please make sure you select the F10 option, not the F5 ATC option.  It's amazing how often people read the 'select the F10 option message' and still go for the F5 option, must be something in how our brains are wired lol.

Hope that helps!  Please come back to me if you need anything else.

OMG....how low can I fall. Thx 4 help!!!

• Thanks 1