'First In, Weasels Over Syria' by Ground Pounder Sims - A new campaign in development

ChillNG

Last Out - Weasels Over Syria II for the DCS World F-16C Viper is in development!

Sequel to the DCS First In - Weasels Over Syria campaign, LOWOS will put you straight back into the action as the Wild Weasels of the USAF 79th Fighter Squadron once again battle for survival over the Syrian skies.

Featuring a new home base location, all new air traffic control system, additional characters and more breathtaking and dynamic missions, LOWOS will once again push virtual Weasels to the limit. YGBSM!

The development of LOWOS is well under way and the campaign is slated for completion in mid 2024. You can try demos of Ground Pounder Sims campaigns, available from my discord: https://discord.gg/F6x7G4buJk

LOWOS mission 1 demo will be available soon.

• Like 4

Does anybody has also problems with waypoint marker, when repeating a mission?
After the fist time I fly a mission, the next time my waypoint marker in the HUD is not showing the correct direction, as selected and shown in HSD.

Also, i can calibrate my Maveriks .....
arm to sim
jettison on
Maverik pwr on
wpn select
TGP on
WPN on Maveriks to SLV
....then set TGP to SOI and aiming the pod to a target near by and press TMS up...next maverik WPN to SOI, slew the maverik to the same spot, TMS up, and press BRSGT.

But when apporachin the airfiled in mission 7 my maverik looks totally somewhere else....someone knows why?

Edited by vienna

37 minutes ago, vienna said:

Does anybody has also problems with waypoint marker, when repeating a mission?
After the fist time I fly a mission, the next time my waypoint marker in the HUD is not showing the correct direction, as selected and shown in HSD.

Also, i can calibrate my Maveriks .....
arm to sim
jettison on
Maverik pwr on
wpn select
TGP on
WPN on Maveriks to SLV
....then set TGP to SOI and aiming the pod to a target near by and press TMS up...next maverik WPN to SOI, slew the maverik to the same spot, TMS up, and press BRSGT.

But when apporachin the airfiled in mission 7 my maverik looks totally somewhere else....someone knows why?

Most likely you set your SPI when bore-sighting your mavericks, and this SPI is still set and skewing your sensors off the waypoint.  Go back into the TGP and TMS down to clear your SPI, hit cursor zero on the MFD as well to reset your steerpoint.

Hey,

playing through the campaign and I love it, great work.

Just flying mission 5 and I only have one remark, I'm supposed to follow Popeye (just like in some previous missions) but he is flying so slow, I think it might be better if they were flying a bit faster. I'm flying 250 knots and gaining on him at 25k.

3 hours ago, Furiz said:

Hey,

playing through the campaign and I love it, great work.

Just flying mission 5 and I only have one remark, I'm supposed to follow Popeye (just like in some previous missions) but he is flying so slow, I think it might be better if they were flying a bit faster. I'm flying 250 knots and gaining on him at 25k.

Yup - agreed. Love this campaign but the speeds to make the waypoints or to stay in formation are too slow. Overall a minor compliant though, but we don't improve without constructive debriefs ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Any hints, tips on misson 11 The SOC?

>SPOILER ALERT<

I set the bombs to tail fuze, put drop in pair. Lasing on the ventilation shaft. I get target not destoryed. I changed the realesed angle to 0 degree is it the reason I cant hit it?

General issue with FCR: I just can see these fricking migs 29 on the radar. I was flying on 28k feet, they were Angels 5. Is this the reason my FCR was empty. Of course I couldnt see either visually either, I am flying in VR - on PICO set, DLSS quality. How can I improve spotting? I put LOD on 2 (max). Is visibility ranger inrease bandint spotting distance too? 

• 1 month later...

ok just finished first 2 missions, great campaign, very deep and interesting. But...why dont have tacan or even ILS on airfield H4? I need to land in visual conditions only....Imean, its a military airfield, it should have it. 

1 hour ago, VDV said:

ok just finished first 2 missions, great campaign, very deep and interesting. But...why dont have tacan or even ILS on airfield H4? I need to land in visual conditions only....Imean, its a military airfield, it should have it. 

I don't know if they have them in real life but the airbase doesn't have them in DCS, however there is a manually added TACAN beacon at H4 that I've put in for the campaign, it's listed in the SPINS and knee boards.

• Like 1

They wont have if we are in WW2 scenario. Now, every military airfield  has TACAN i(its military system for navigation) and they all have ILS too. In the end, we are in 21th century, not in 1944 year...

They wont have if we are in WW2 scenario. Now, every military airfield  has TACAN i(its military system for navigation) and they all have ILS too. In the end, we are in 21th century, not in 1944 year...
You should read the appropriate discussion about the map in the correct section. Almost no airbases on the Syrian map have TACAN. Only NATO ones I think, and not even Israeli ones.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, VDV said:

That's an Ugra thing though I'm afraid, not anything I can do about it other than add in a manual TACAN like I already have done.

2 minutes ago, Furiz said:

@ChillNG

Hey, wanted to mention mission 9 part 2, jet starts with aim9 on wingtips rather than aim120s, I know its not a big deal but it burns my eyes 😄

Lol thanks, it's been picked up already, should be fixed in the next update 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 17:29, ChillNG said:

Last Out - Weasels Over Syria II per il DCS World F-16C Viper è in fase di sviluppo!

Sequel della campagna DCS First In - Weasels Over Syria, LOWOS ti riporterà direttamente in azione mentre i Wild Weasels del 79th Fighter Squadron dell'USAF combattono ancora una volta per la sopravvivenza nei cieli siriani.

Con una nuova base, un nuovo sistema di controllo del traffico aereo, personaggi aggiuntivi e missioni più mozzafiato e dinamiche, LOWOS spingerà ancora una volta i Weasels virtuali al limite. YGBSM!

Lo sviluppo di LOWOS è ben avviato e il completamento della campagna è previsto per la metà del 2024. Puoi provare le demo delle campagne Ground Pounder Sims, disponibili sul mio Discord: https://discord.gg/F6x7G4buJk

La demo della missione 1 di LOWOS sarà presto disponibile.

"You are number one ...to land, check gear down" cit. Thanks 

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.

www.69squadrone.it

[url="https://www.facebook.com/operationadriaticsea1[/url]

S.O: Win7 64bit,MB: ASUS Formula IV ,CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4 @ 4.0 + Corsair Hidro H70 ,GPU: sli 2xGainward 570GTX "Golden Sample" HTC, HD: Raptor 10.000 rpm 500gb,RAM: DDR3 Corsair Extreme 1800Mhz 12gb ,Accessories:TrackIR4 6DOF, Hotas Cougar mod cubby, pro pedals, mfd pack + samsung led 8".

Hotas Warthog serial 05629.

I'm really enjoying this campaign so far!  Most missions take about 1-1.5hrs which is perfect, but I also appreciate the occasional longer mission.

Just flew Mission 9 and I understand you don't want AAR to be necessary, but Part 1 felt rather underwhelming and then automatically setting up the cockpit in Part 2 wouldn't be necessary.  The break felt a little awkward and I would have loved flying it as one long mission with refueling.  If people are unable to refuel, what about giving them the option for unlimited fuel?  I've not played around with this in the mission editor so I'm not sure what the possibilities are.  They could rendevouz with the tanker and use the F10 menu to select finished refueling without having to take on fuel.  This would be no more unrealistic than the option for invincibility at the start of each mission.  Just something to consider for the next campaign.

6 hours ago, Hellbat said:

I'm really enjoying this campaign so far!  Most missions take about 1-1.5hrs which is perfect, but I also appreciate the occasional longer mission.

Just flew Mission 9 and I understand you don't want AAR to be necessary, but Part 1 felt rather underwhelming and then automatically setting up the cockpit in Part 2 wouldn't be necessary.  The break felt a little awkward and I would have loved flying it as one long mission with refueling.  If people are unable to refuel, what about giving them the option for unlimited fuel?  I've not played around with this in the mission editor so I'm not sure what the possibilities are.  They could rendevouz with the tanker and use the F10 menu to select finished refueling without having to take on fuel.  This would be no more unrealistic than the option for invincibility at the start of each mission.  Just something to consider for the next campaign.

Yeah it's something we've tried but unfortunately at the moment unlimited fuel only works on the AI, not with the player.

Once it works that is the plan!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

im no stranger to the F-16, had it since launch. but im completly lost with this campaign,  specificaly all the mil talk, tactics etc.  The documentation is so hard to follow, i love reading books but all this 'he said, she said' and history bores me to tears, it tells me nothing....  Is their an idiots walkthrough that i can read up on ie something that explains the radio calls/tactics to a total idiot...ie me ?

PS i HAVE read the docs... but i get in the air and its like........eh, what, what does that mean.

PPS @ChillNG the ' bores me to tears' is a reflection of my attension span not the campaign 👍

🤣'IDIOT' edit: never mind found this.....

Edited by Droning_On
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

Finished. Beautiful. Technical and accurate. Best I've flown to date on DCS. First in, last out.

Screen_240302_202827.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.

www.69squadrone.it

[url="https://www.facebook.com/operationadriaticsea1[/url]

S.O: Win7 64bit,MB: ASUS Formula IV ,CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4 @ 4.0 + Corsair Hidro H70 ,GPU: sli 2xGainward 570GTX "Golden Sample" HTC, HD: Raptor 10.000 rpm 500gb,RAM: DDR3 Corsair Extreme 1800Mhz 12gb ,Accessories:TrackIR4 6DOF, Hotas Cougar mod cubby, pro pedals, mfd pack + samsung led 8".

Hotas Warthog serial 05629.

16 hours ago, TCKnight said:

Finished. Beautiful. Technical and accurate. Best I've flown to date on DCS. First in, last out.

Screen_240302_202827.jpg

Thank you very much 🙂.

• Like 1

Got it running, I just finished first mission, I did not die.

I was lost on the issue with the F10....."Other" Menu, but got help on Discord.

So far great Campaign.

Mike  

(Xeralto)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After two years of casually flying with DCS, this campaign finally gives me the immersive experience I was looking for.

The others I tried felt lacking in engagement, partially because the setup was way too detached from reality (like the Museum Relic campaign). (Note: I don't have the Hornet and I realize most if the campaign are for that plane)

Also, finally a great campaign in Syria!

Yesterday I completed the second mission after more than a week of trying and failing as I realized how much knowledge I was still missing in using the F-16's A-G systems. The experience was very rewarding and how two hours disappeared was insane. This is like an old school AAA gaming layer on top of DCS's top notch, but a bit sterile foundations, the cherry on top.

Many thanks for creating this, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the missions as well as future campaigns!