'First In, Weasels Over Syria' by Ground Pounder Sims - A new campaign in development

ChillNG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How close is this? I have the Viper but haven't learned it. Is it worth starting training now or is the campaign still in the distant future?

I know there are a couple campaigns in the works (@baltic_dragon and @Reflected both have a Viper campaign upcoming I believe) but am unsure of the status of any of them.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

12 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

How close is this? I have the Viper but haven't learned it. Is it worth starting training now or is the campaign still in the distant future?

I know there are a couple campaigns in the works (@baltic_dragon and @Reflected both have a Viper campaign upcoming I believe) but am unsure of the status of any of them.

Mine will be released together with the Kola map. (= I haven’t the faintest idea when)

But I’m sooo looking forward to FIWOS and The Gamblers! The sample mission is a work of art!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

Should be out before the end of the year all being well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Played the demo mission one over the weekend.  Very well designed I thought.  I'm often reluctant to buy the DLC campaigns, as I feel they are overly scripted and and feel a lot like starring in a movie rather than fighting a war.  There is too much characterisation and storyline, rather than just well designed, credible and realistic combat employment.  However, after trying this one, while there is still a lot of chatter (I realise a lot of this is to help new players learn the aircraft and procedures), I think it has the makings of a great campaign, and I am looking forward to the full release.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

4 hours ago, Lace said:

Played the demo mission one over the weekend.  Very well designed I thought.  I'm often reluctant to buy the DLC campaigns, as I feel they are overly scripted and and feel a lot like starring in a movie rather than fighting a war.  There is too much characterisation and storyline, rather than just well designed, credible and realistic combat employment.  However, after trying this one, while there is still a lot of chatter (I realise a lot of this is to help new players learn the aircraft and procedures), I think it has the makings of a great campaign, and I am looking forward to the full release.

Hi thanks for the comments, appreciate the feedback!  There will still be a lot of chatter, but like in my other campaigns I do make some of it optional as I know not everyone wants it, especially the more 'expositional' dialogue.  Always down to personal preference this one, I argue it's a much needed element of story development and player instruction, given there obviously isn't a real briefing or ready rooms to sit in and discuss things with your squadron, but appreciate it's not for everyone (and certainly not realistic).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Hi thanks for the comments, appreciate the feedback!  There will still be a lot of chatter, but like in my other campaigns I do make some of it optional as I know not everyone wants it, especially the more 'expositional' dialogue.  Always down to personal preference this one, I argue it's a much needed element of story development and player instruction, given there obviously isn't a real briefing or ready rooms to sit in and discuss things with your squadron, but appreciate it's not for everyone (and certainly not realistic).

Yeah, it's in no way meant as a criticism, just my personal taste.  We are obviously massively constrained by the game in ways we would not be in real life, and there is a need to cater to all types of players and their own expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Please be patient, we will share news as soon as we have it. 

thank you

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...