Will the Eurofighter have an ir seaker like the su-27 have for example?

isglas

Hey, I got curious if the Eurofighter will get an ir sensor so it can lock targets without its radar. I did go back and watch the trailer for the Eurofighter and did notice that it was missing. I feel like this is an essential for the Eurofighter and something that can’t be missed out on. Do anyone have any information regarding this?

EDE08E55-09A7-45B0-A27F-115174A230DF.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, F-2 said:

I think we are getting a German Eurofighter which excludes it

I think so too:

In_Dev_06.08.2021.4.jpg

• Like 2

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

I think we are getting a German Eurofighter which excludes it
They will only start with a German variant, but it will be a little of a frankstein version.
The pirate should be there
  • Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I believe that the plan was to start with the German spec aircraft (since the Devs are former Luftwaffe) and then add other country specs. The Luftwaffe does not have the Pirate system but the RAF Typhoons do, which I feel would be the next model released after the initial release. However that was from the initial announcement and hype pre merger with Heatblur, so things might have changed. Personally I am ok with a franken jet if we can get a great simulation.

• Like 2

Am 10.9.2022 um 22:50 schrieb Zahnatom:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9519849 most GAF Eurofighters dont have the PIRATE system but some(like the one i linked) do. some dual seaters have it as well

The 98+/99+ registered airframes are not line Eurofighter (those are 30+ and 31+ registered aircraft), but are assigned to Wehrtechnische Dienststelle für Luftfahrzeuge und Luftfahrtgerät der Bundeswehr (WTD 61) as prototype/test aircraft. As such they also come with equipment Luftwaffe opted not to have installed into its line fighters, like PIRATE. I cannot recall if TrueGrit already indicated if the inital release will or will not include PIRATE.

Edited by Jan Eppendorf
Typos and grammar.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

30+42 was equipped with Pirate for test purposes for some time more than ten years ago. I don't know if this GT was the only German line Eurofighter so equipped or if there was a second one. Pirate is no standard for Luftwaffe jets.

I took the picture in 2010 when all EF operations of the Luftwaffe was concentrated at Laage Air Base.

SP_GND_EF_TLG73_2010_007_DCS-Forum.jpg

Edited by MiGCap1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, MiGCap1 said:

30+42 was equipped with Pirate for test purposes for some time more than ten years ago. I don't know if this GT was the only German line Eurofighter so equipped or if there was a second one. Pirate is no standard for Luftwaffe jets.

I took the picture in 2010 when all EF operations of the Luftwaffe was concentrated at Laage Air Base.

This was in support of the Swiss trials in November 2008, where GT15 and IPA3 participated. PIRATE was removed in 2010 IIRC, probably when scheduled maintenance was due. When it proves on thing it is that PIRATE is retrofirable to any Typhoon, if required.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Spectre11 said:

This was in support of the Swiss trials in November 2008, where GT15 and IPA3 participated. PIRATE was removed in 2010 IIRC, probably when scheduled maintenance was due. When it proves on thing it is that PIRATE is retrofirable to any Typhoon, if required.

Thanks for the information. My pic of 30+42 is obviously a very rare one. 

Exact photo date is 10 December 2010 and the jet was in day-to-day flying ops at Laage, so I suppose the remove of the sensor happened in 2011.

• Like 2

If Heatblur can get reliable non-classified information that would allow them to simulate this sensor and it's employment I'm sure that they would simulate it. A lot of people seem to forget that a LOT of systems on a military aircraft are difficult if not impossible to simulate simply because there is no reliable first hand information describing their use, and their underlying systems. 

If Heatblur only have access to a certain number of systems that they can reliably simulate, then maybe it's not that they "don't want to" but that they simply can't. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

If Heatblur can get reliable non-classified information that would allow them to simulate this sensor and it's employment I'm sure that they would simulate it. A lot of people seem to forget that a LOT of systems on a military aircraft are difficult if not impossible to simulate simply because there is no reliable first hand information describing their use, and their underlying systems. 
If Heatblur only have access to a certain number of systems that they can reliably simulate, then maybe it's not that they "don't want to" but that they simply can't. 
for sure it'd be awesome

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Just listened to the Air Combat Sim podcast, episode 22 Truegrit/HB interview about the Eurofighter. At 42:42 they are talking about IRST, and it seems it would be in on release. Is that the same thing?

I think they're talking about the IRIS-T missile there

• Like 3

On 9/12/2022 at 9:50 PM, MiGCap1 said:

Found the 30 42 2021 without PIRATE: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10320634

On 9/10/2022 at 10:50 PM, Zahnatom said:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9519849 most GAF Eurofighters dont have the PIRATE system but some(like the one i linked) do. some dual seaters have it as well

98+XX are WTD (Test and Evaluation Center).

I am hoping that we get the PIRATE system sometime. In my opinion it is very much not likley to get this system any time soon.

Lurker described it pretty well:

On 9/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, Lurker said: