FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Found this pic, and seems Tabuk is on the map, but without the proper airport icon, will really love to see the Prince Abdul Aziz air base there!

FkiLo0BVEAAbqoF.jpg

detailed area and airfields are at the first page of this topic.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/309536-faq-and-updates/

On 2/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, ThorBrasil said:

The important thing is to continue supporting and improving the map after launch. Add landmarks, tourist attractions, places with a helipad, etc. This will make it become a big map.

It is impressive how the map of Syria has tourist spots and helipads. I'm looking forward to seeing this on the Sinai map. I intend to give a vote of confidence and buy in the pre-sale.

now the task is to prepare and release the map in early access, of course we will continue to develop and improve the map after that

On 2/12/2023 at 4:49 AM, MRTX said:

I was wondering if you have considered developing a custom assets pack for Sinai?

Whilst we obviously have access to tons of soviet equipment to depict the Egyptian armed forces in an accurate fashion, there isn't a single Israeli made vehicle available in DCS besides the Merkava. And yes i know that such asset pack poses a noticeable investment of time and money, but even a small assortment of IDF vehicles would go a long way in creating a more immersive experience on Sinai. 

yes we thought about it, but we are not doing it at this stage of the map creation

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OnReTech said:

detailed area and airfields are at the first page of this topic.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/309536-faq-and-updates/

now the task is to prepare and release the map in early access, of course we will continue to develop and improve the map after that

yes we thought about it, but we are not doing it at this stage of the map creation

Cannot see a single airfield planned for either Jordania or Saudi Arabia. Good luck with the project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

3 hours ago, Viper ZA said:

Here is hoping the we get something with the March 1st patch.

I have NOTHING against this :grin: !

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi. Still in process. I want to share with you screenshots of several unique places and models of destruction of objects.

All models will be destructible, except for objects of historical value, monuments and religious objects.

4.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

I forgot to attach a screenshot with examples of destruction models that I wrote about above, sorry

image.png

1 hour ago, MamboYT said:

Awesome stuff OnReTech! Thanks for making this map and keeping us so updated with the progress!

Just wondering, will we be able to pay with miles on the purchase of the Sinai map when it releases?

Thanks again!

I don't know, I think that our module will not differ from the rest when you buy it

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

I don't know, I think that our module will not differ from the rest when you buy it

Most modules do, and BIGNEWY from ED says it's up to the 3rd party dev to decide so I figured I should ask 🙂

Thanks for the reply and the awesome work! Truly excited for this map!

• Thanks 1

Many Thanks for the nice  Update shots ! Pls give us this nice map with the next Patch  - sooo much looking forward to this !

• Thanks 1

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. We finished the second phase and are already testing it. We fixed a lot of remarks from ED and made a little more than we wanted.

I will make a report a little later about what we have in second phase (airfields, unique objects, SAM places (120 +), helipads (400+)), etc ...

Several screenshots:

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, OnReTech said:

Hi all. We finished the second phase and are already testing it. We fixed a lot of remarks from ED and made a little more than we wanted.

I will make a report a little later about what we have in second phase (airfields, unique objects, SAM places (120 +), helipads (400+)), etc ...

What are the chances of it coming out now in openBeta?

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

2 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

What are the chances of it coming out now in openBeta?

High ! 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

36 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

as far as I know map release  has nothing to do with the release of DCS openbeta

Which means it's going to sell when its ready for us independently of the OB update cycles. 

I am buying it twice anyhow. 

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Release it! Don't be so shy, I'm taking it right now :wavetowel:!

gif.gif

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looking at the screenshots again we need buffalo, camels, donkeys, sheep, and goats 😉 DCS Beef (cows) won't cut it 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OnReTech said:

as far as I know map release  has nothing to do with the release of DCS openbeta

I thought that with each release ED should release a new openBeta update to enable the module inside the simulator. That's why I asked if it would come out in the next openBeta update. 🙂

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Sinai map us looking great! Thanks for sharing new pictures! I‘m getting more and more hyped for the map 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 3

DCS version2.9.5.55918
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - OH-58D - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Meh, haven't seen an single SAM site. They're iconic and rather common alongside the Suez canal, you can see them on google earth. Looks like we get another empty sightseeing map full of civilian buildings. It's very cruel to bomb a sewage treatment plant. Not interested right now. edit: Wrong era too

Edited by 79Au
  • Like 1

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20