FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

4 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

The hype for this map was really building with preview videos from content producers on youtube, etc. I really thought release was right around the corner and then seemingly out of nowhere, Normandy 2.0 takes front and center. This seemed surprising. What happened? Has something occurred to delay the release of this map? Since Normandy 2.0, I haven't seen much about the status of Sinai. Is there any further news on when we can expect to see it? Thanks!

I wouldn’t be surprised if the introduction of MT was considered a pre-requisite before releasing a number of incoming terrains and modules.  We might be about to be given several in a matter of months.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

34 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the introduction of MT was considered a pre-requisite before releasing a number of incoming terrains and modules.  We might be about to be given several in a matter of months.

Our map has never been tested with MT by us personally, and we do performance tests without MT, but I think that with MT it will be even better. (MT is multithreading, right?)

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Minhal said:

Since you have the ground mesh of the area done already and experience with the region: did you ever think of doing a 1942 map next of the area Tobruk to El Alamein?

Yes, we know that there is such a possibility, the ED team has made a technology that allows you to do this (I could be wrong). It would be good to explore such a possibility and do so.

We are interested in this, I will once again clarify this with the ED.

It would be cool to change the period, for example, 1973 and Sinai would look completely different, I like it.. make sense

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

Yes, we know that there is such a possibility, the ED team has made a technology that allows you to do this (I could be wrong). It would be good to explore such a possibility and do so.

We are interested in this, I will once again clarify this with the ED.

It would be cool to change the period, for example, 1973 and Sinai would look completely different, I like it.. make sense

Great to hear you like this. I think with Europe (Channel and Normandy available) and Pacific (Marianas WWII coming soon™), North Africa would be a nice addition for WWII. We do not have correct aircraft for that time frame today. But if there is a map available already, aircraft module developers have incentive to make modules for this map.

Also, having then done the ground mesh for east Lybia in WWII, it could be used as foundation for modern Lybia map. Which i think folks would love too 😄  There is much potential.

• Like 2

Got it, but we never turned it on ... This is a technology in the testing stage ... But we will try it.
Please turn it on because MT I believe is here to stay. Brought a lot of performance uplift.

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

On 4/25/2023 at 4:45 PM, OnReTech said:

my opinion: we made the map faster than it should have been)

Everything is going according to plan, we have slightly improved the map, added more new airfields, etc. Many things have been improved during this time based on review .. Wait for the official news. Stil work in progress, but Sinai map will be soon... (we are hope))

Yes, we can notice the huge and effective effort that you have put in the map in a very short period of time !  ... Which makes me wonder if you were asked (or forced) to slow down because you are making all other developers look bad 😄

If this map was released Q1 2023 (as you initially announced) it would have been unprecedented. I do not remember any developer releasing either a map or module on time.

• Like 3

I wonder if ED wants the release of this map to coincide more closely with the release of the Strike Eagle. Maybe at some point offer a combo sale, sort of like they did with the Hornet and Super Carrier modules. I hope there is no connection because the Strike Eagle is already well overdue with no telling when we’ll actually get to fly it. 

Edited by Jarhead0331
  • Like 2

These are two 3rd. Party Developer - i don't think their is a combo sale in the near future.
Also DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and DCS: Supercarrier are products of ED!

1 hour ago, Jarhead0331 said:

I hope there is no connection because the Strike Eagle is already well overdue with no telling when we’ll actually get to fly it. 

There is no date for EA-Release for the Strike Eagle - just a year 2023!

Sinai will be go in the EA-Release, when it is ready.

• Like 2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

On 4/26/2023 at 10:44 AM, Eaglewings said:

Please turn it on because MT I believe is here to stay. Brought a lot of performance uplift.

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

I didn't see any difference with multithreading enabled. 

My settings are max. Vsync ON. Without motion blur. 
My test PC: core i5, 32GB RAM, rtx 3060

In the cities like Cairo 45-50 fps, Other area stable 60fps.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

I believe that is pretty much to be expected: Sinai is going to be GPU-limited, not CPU. MT is going to be a boon when we add many AI vehicles to the mix. The geometry and models in Sinai put a consistent load on the GPU. The units' AI on the CPU.

Having 45 in Cairo at this stage with a 3060 is IMHO impressive indeed. 

Now, please @OnReTech, I've *again* salivated all over my keyboard. Can you please release? 🙂 

• Like 4

On 4/29/2023 at 3:03 PM, OnReTech said:

I am attaching some screenshots. The settings are the same

Screen_230502_135245.jpg

Screen_230502_135908.jpg

Screen_230502_135932.jpg

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

On 4/29/2023 at 2:03 PM, OnReTech said:

Very nice performance vs spec…

• Like 2

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

Hello @OnReTech do you test the map in VR as well? Would be very curios about performance in VR MT.

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

16 hours ago, MIghtymoo said:

Very nice performance vs spec…

It depends of GPU! And Yes, for this spec it looks nice, but if the shots was done on the pause every good FPS can be achived ;).

Btw. Ok its about Apache but the map is Sinai, cant wait! 😎

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, OnReTech said:

Please don't post Minecraft screenshots! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw. update + few new shots:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/572/

jim-carrey-shade.gif

Looks like really soon, maybe 2 weeks only?

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif