IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.9 - Official Thread

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "double-displayed" MFDs when exporting them to external devices (in my case, the Winwing MFDs). I've seen where a couple of people have also noticed this issue but I haven't seen any comments offering a solution.

My guess is that it probably has something to do with the rear cockpit being useable and, thus, the displays from the rear cockpit are being exported as well - the result being each MFD is displayed twice. Any suggestions of how to fix this would be warmly welcomed!

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, ggerman2862 said:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "double-displayed" MFDs when exporting them to external devices (in my case, the Winwing MFDs). I've seen where a couple of people have also noticed this issue but I haven't seen any comments offering a solution.

My guess is that it probably has something to do with the rear cockpit being useable and, thus, the displays from the rear cockpit are being exported as well - the result being each MFD is displayed twice. Any suggestions of how to fix this would be warmly welcomed!

Many thanks!

Hey, send me a message on discord and i will send you a fix. 

Owner and lead developer of IDF Mods Project
Windows 11 ,Intel I9-12900KS 5.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4-4400 Gskill, GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24G ,1200W PSU

• Omer.d changed the title to IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.1 - Official Thread

First of all, many thanks for this great mod.
But when I was looking at your F-16Ds and F-16I 3D models, I feel there is something different from EDs model (which is perfectly matching real F-16C). Especially nose section feels quite different than the real airplane.
So I made side and top screenshots to compare it with EDs F-16C model. You can see it on attached screenshots, where I put EDs F-16C model in red color over F-16D no spine model from same angle and in same size.
Top side comparison shows almost perfect match except slightly bigger horizontal stabilizers on your F-16D model.
Bigger difference is on the side comparison. The vertical stabilizer is a bit bigger than IRL and top fuselage a little bit as well. The biggest issue is the nose, which is thicker and pointing down in the different angle than real F-16s nose. It feels closer with its shape to F-CK-1 than F-16 and hurts reality the most, IMHO.
The same issue is with F-16D spine and F-16I models.
I understand that modeling the shape of F-16 nose is quite difficult and there are even some squadron prints, that are completely off shape. Except photos, for accurate F-16s nose side view prints, there are accurate paintings on markstyling, spectre.cz or squadronprints webpages.
Hope this can help for fine tuning the 3D models of F-16D and F-16I and bring your mod to perfection.

F16C-F16D_1.jpg

F16C-F16D_3.jpg

F16C-F16D_2.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe the sufa jet was over stressed and bent the airframe, problem solved.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

2 hours ago, EDawg109 said:

Anyone, have any idea as to why I'm having issues downloading this file? It keeps restarting then it fails. I've never had this problem before.

try downloading from edge 

Owner and lead developer of IDF Mods Project
Windows 11 ,Intel I9-12900KS 5.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4-4400 Gskill, GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24G ,1200W PSU

Great work!

Wish you would make an A6 Intuder Mod. I'd pay for that.

• Like 2

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

• Omer.d changed the title to IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.2 - Official Thread

I noticed the that the CCIP fall line drifts off to the left in the F-16D NS. I thought I may have screwed up the alignment, It happened in a hot start in the air as well. The weather is clear and no wind.

Edited by EDawg109

• 2 weeks later...
  • Omer.d changed the title to IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.3 - Official Thread
  • Omer.d changed the title to IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.5 - Official Thread
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Patryk991 said:

Hello Vine Dog, I saw in your post that the screens with parked f-16 may have covers on. Can you tell me who to do?

Especial equipment in the Loadout menu.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, Patryk991 said:

Okay, I thought you might know the custom args code to make static planes have covers. Thanks

Yes, i wish we could edit statics with loadout etc but this is done with Units and not Statics.

When you need to know which arguments you want to edit, just open DCS modelviewer, load a aircraft model you want (ex: file fa-18c.EDM), open the arguments menu and move each one so you can find what you need and then you can add arguments to your liveries. As example i use arguments in some Hornet liveries so when i place them to populate an airbase they will have the canopy open. 

arguments 1.png

arguments 2.png

Edited by fagulha
Typo

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 3/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, Patryk991 said:

Fagulha Thanks a lot for your answer. Greetings from Poland!

No prob, glad i could help in some sort.

Greetings from Portugal!

Stay safe and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Omer.d changed the title to IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.6 - Official Thread
  • NineLine unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...