The price of mb-339 is too high, it is recommended to adjust ( in my opinion )

huchanronaa

After all, he is only a trainer aircraft and not a main fighter, and many players have played on msfs mb-339  and the dcs Free Community mb-339 Module period, for these players have lost the freshness.
Several dcs players I know say: I like it but I wait for the specials sale

Edited by huchanronaa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I doubt it could be adjusted, as many players have already purchased it … it would need a mass refund that is probably a big hassle for the ed store and steam.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 ore fa, huchanronaa ha scritto:

After all, he is only a trainer aircraft and not a main fighter, and many players have played on msfs mb-339  and the dcs Free Community mb-339 Module period, for these players have lost the freshness.

Hi, the price tag is in line with the other 2 jet trainers competitors on this plaform, the L-39 and the C-101.

• Like 11

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Vote with your wallet, i did. It´s kind of interesting, but there´s no way to justify buying it for what it is (personal choice obviously, don´t have the other trainers either). I was also planning to vote with my wallet because of the low discount on Black shark 2, but somehow slipped there.. 😬

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

2 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

After all, he is only a trainer aircraft and not a main fighter, and many players have played on msfs mb-339  and the dcs Free Community

mb-339 Module period, for these players have lost the freshness.

It's not a question of the type of aircraft, it's a question of quality; is it well made? If it is well made and it's fun, then that is where the value lies. Also, it's not at the top tier of pricing. The top shelf stuff like the Tomcat and Viper sell for $100+Cdn. The Mb-339 is $77 Cdn. We'll round it out to 3/4 the price of the really hot modules. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Besides, no one comes to DCS because it's particularly affordable. We come here because it's fun.   

2 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

Half my DCS stuff was bought on sale. Nothing wrong with that. The sale is for those who perhaps can't afford it or just aren't sure they want it enough to buy it at full price. 

• Like 12

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Have to agree. There was a saying “Pay full to enjoy early, pay a few bucks less and enjoy later.”TM It is entirely up to you.

• Like 4

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

At present, dcs mb-339 module price is indeed quite expensive for countries other than high-income countries in Europe and America, such as Latin America and Asia. The hourly wage in these countries is even less than $5.

Edited by huchanronaa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In the end I will end up acquiring it in the next days or the next months; but it is really, very very expensive

Edited by SkorpioN1606689188
  • Like 2

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

4 hours ago, Automan said:

Hi, the price tag is in line with the other 2 jet trainers competitors on this plaform, the L-39 and the C-101.

Not really (Images attached)

But as I said before, I'm going to buy it anyway, but the price seems high, just my opinion.

339.jpg

C-101.jpg

L-39.jpg

• Thanks 1

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

8 minuti fa, SkorpioN1606689188 ha scritto:

Not really (Images attached)

But as I said before, I'm going to buy it anyway, but the price seems high, just my opinion.

339.jpg

C-101.jpg

L-39.jpg

Your comparison is not fair: on ED shop the full price of the other 2 trainers is 59.99$, exactly like the 339.
Now those 2 trainers are on sale due to Halloween sale window, and are out since more than 3 years.
Moreover, even if not feature complete or bugfree, this product is not released in Early Access, so not eligible for a discount price at release.

Edited by Automan
  • Like 4

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

1 hour ago, huchanronaa said:

At present, dcs mb-339 module price is indeed quite expensive for countries other than high-income countries in Europe and America, such as Latin America and Asia

With that logic, a BMW should be priced lower in Argentina than on Germany … just wait until it’s on sale, but asking for a special price because of the country that you live is kind of absurd.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I understand people's frustrations. This is an expensive pastime. While the modules may be worth the price, and you get a lot of use out of a module, it's not cheap. At $77Cdn, then add the tax, you pushing kind of close to $100, and that isn't pocket change. $100 is money.

My summers are very busy and my winters aren't, so I put a few bucks in my Steam wallet during the work season so I can buy a few modules - prepaid so to speak - during the winter months.

But still, I understand that not everyone can have the new toys, and as much as it's real life, it would still be nice if everyone could have the new toys. 

• Like 2

There is no such thing as a free lunch.  Developers are entitled to be reimbursed for the hard work, skill and risk required to bring a product like this to the DCS World market.  You consider it expensive, too much price, then either wait for a sale or cut out something else temporarily in your budget but don't ask for a handout.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

asking for a special price because of the country that you live is kind of absurd.

That´s actually pretty standard practice these days with videogames so not that absurd.

• Thanks 1

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

2 minutes ago, Tenebrae Aeternae said:

That´s actually pretty standard practice these days with videogames so not that absurd.

You can buy Windows in China for about $10. You can't charge $100+, as they do here, because it would kill sales. 

So obviously I bought a Chinese license from Amazon for $10 and that's that. 

• Like 3

I am split on the issue. On one hand, I feel the price tag was around what I expected to be charged. I waited for this bird, I plan to make a Campaign for it - 15 bucks here or there does not matter to me none because either way, I will have to pass on Victoria 3 for the time being. If the price is adjusted, I would neither want or request a refund.

On the other hand, I see people passing it up because its a 60USD Price tag and I can't really blame them. Even in DCS trainers are a niche concept and not all players are bound to truly appreciate The Flying Piano. I am worried there will be poor sales affecting the G.91; the aircraft from the developers I am truly waiting on.

• Like 1

signature.png

We are sorry to disappoint you about pricing, but our aircraft is not in early access state so the launch discount are not applicable.
The price is in line with the other two trainer competitors (today's price not applicable due to sales).
Furthermore, it is not possible to compare the nice sim version with the DCS one. The nice sim version is like the free mod with the working navigation system.
This now DCS version is full of features that ED listed in their newsletter yesterday. It is not the re-textured mod, but it is a completely new aircraft.
In terms of development, the nice sim version was made in three months, the DCS one was made in three years. We invested a lot of time in the DCS version, we think that this is the right price considering the aircraft category.
If the problem is the price due to your world region, I would suggest to wait until the sale. Unfortunately we cannot offer different prices to anyone, it could be hard to manage and it is not fair to those who have paid full price for it.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I005D utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, 6S.Duke said:

We are sorry to disappoint you about pricing, . . . 

It's tough not to feel a bit bad about it. But anyone who is in business is going to encounter people who are priced out, so to speak. It's one of the costs of doing business. 

On the plus side, you're not offering an essential service, like food or heat, so you're not watching someone go cold and hungry. Also, the base game is actually free, there are alternatives to your product, there are free trials, and there are sales. 

You did your work, we have choices, so in all truth everything is okay. :drinks_cheers:

• Like 8

It's tough not to feel a bit bad about it. But anyone who is in business is going to encounter people who are priced out, so to speak. It's one of the costs of doing business. 

On the plus side, you're not offering an essential service, like food or heat, so you're not watching someone go cold and hungry. Also, the base game is actually free, there are alternatives to your product, there are free trials, and there are sales. 

You did your work, we have choices, so in all truth everything is okay. :drinks_cheers:
Thank you for understanding

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I005D utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 7

On 10/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, huchanronaa said:

After all, he is only a trainer aircraft and not a main fighter, and many players have played on msfs mb-339  and the dcs Free Community mb-339 Module period,

The purchase decision for any module is purely personal: what do you expect, what are you looking for; on the other hand the value proposition is made by the seller. If they overlap sufficiently, a sale/purchase is made. There is no 'too expensive', just a 'too expensive for my taste', and when you say that something is too expensive for your taste you are honest and of course completely right, and the justification you gave above is well understood.

That does not, however, mean that IFE's value proposition is wrong - you merely don't (yet?) agree. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the future, and I wish them well. IFE know that they stepped up to DCS with a niche module. It's niche only with regards to crowd appeal (not an iconic fighter). Their stance is that other than mass-appeal, it's on par quality-wise with the other modules, and therefore justifies a price on par with other top-tier modules. It's a proud stance, and one I understand. 

Did I buy into IFE's value proposition? Yes. 

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 6

An early access discount would have been appropriate. 

The front landing gear has already made some people stop flying it, the absent key binds are frustrating, the ice and fog system should have a disable check mark because it is far too aggressive, (try to find where to defog your canopy in the manual and who expected to need to manage fog.)  The parking brake and the locked controls on a cold airframe?  The missing flight director? 

Not all modes, and some bugs was to be expected, but this is intentional.  Look at the airframes that graduate from early access to see the standard I expected.

This all adds up to early access, and sure we can choose to not buy it, and yes devs deserve to be compensated.  They choose to release a product that is early access as if it's not, I don't believe it was ready to release. 

For full price, I expected a full product.

• Like 1