KA-50 changes after latest patch

v2tec

Well, I didn't see in the feature list for the latest dcs patch, but there are definitely some changes. What I have recognized so far:

- Shkval screen color is more green (ok)

- trigger delay when firing ATGMs (ok)

- new sound on ATGMs

- new outdoor heli sound (sounds very powerful - not sure, if this is more realistic)

- HDG HOLD - is not accurate as before. Heli breaks left or right but doesn't hold the correct heading (not ok)

- HOVER HOLD - looks like is not very stable - heli jiggles. Well we're getting closer to the apache... if this is more realistic for the ka-50,mmh ok

I will observe the "not ok" points. Maybe it has something to do with outdated servers or cache... (perhaps not). If it remains, it would be an disappointment for me and I hope this it not the way BS3 is going...

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

- green screen is way more difficult for spotting, it adds certain blurriness, that makes you wish to spot with your own eyes. Playing with both brightness and contrast does not produce picture which allows you to recognize some units. I think infantry is virtually impossible now.

- trigger delay: annoying as hell

- new sound ATGMs: damn I got scarred first time

- new sound outdoor: ?

- HDG HOLD: annoying

- HOVER HOLD: Ka-50 feels like Mi-8 now.

Some additional observations

- I have a feeling that damage model got "updated" too, and that infantry has not problems now killing ka-50 with assault riffles within seconds. Perhaps subjective and needs more accurate testing, but luckily I still have stable which was not updated since.

- Laser warning system was changed from red to light gray.

Likely there are other changes, we just did not spot them.

Overall feeling is worse than before. I really hope this is not in BS3 as well...

Edited by okopanja

6 minutes ago, okopanja said:

- green screen is way more difficult for spotting, it adds certain blurriness, that makes you wish to spot with your own eyes. Playing with both brightness and contrast does not produce picture which allows you to recognize some units. I think infantry is virtually impossible now.

- trigger delay: annoying as hell

- new sound ATGMs: damn I got scarred first time

- new sound outdoor: ?

- HDG HOLD: annoying

- HOVER HOLD: Ka-50 feels like Mi-8 now.

Some additional observations

- I have a feeling that damage model got "updated" too, and that infantry has not problems now killing ka-50 with assault riffles within seconds. Perhaps subjective and needs more accurate testing, but luckily I still have stable which was not updated since.

- Laser warning system was changed from red to light gray.

Likely there are other changes, we just did not spot them.

Overall feeling is worse than before. I really hope this is not in BS3 as well...

I'm just glad any work is being done on it.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 4

Hi,

I found everything as you.As another thing...if you go to setup on the abriss to change speed from km/h to knots,the speed indicated stay in km/h but units changed to knots...???In my imo...that's not the best effort from ED again with their updates...

Edited by Husk
  • Like 1

In addition to all of the above, my abris is telling me that my ground speed is 450kmh, I'm fairly certain that's incorrect 🙂

Also the HUD selector switch can't be operated with leap motion any more and for some reason the shark keeps getting NVG fitted instead of the normal HMS.

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb v2tec:

- HDG HOLD - is not accurate as before. Heli breaks left or right but doesn't hold the correct heading (not ok)

- HOVER HOLD - looks like is not very stable - heli jiggles. Well we're getting closer to the apache... if this is more realistic for the ka-50,mmh ok

@okopanja

can you please create an extra bug report and upload a track of exactly which situations this happens in. A short video would also be helpful.

I just did a quick test and it looked ok to me, at least as far as it didn't seem to bother me.

Otherwise, please also mark me in the new report

Extremely annoyed by what they just did to the bs2, and my excitement for the bs3 just plummeted. The interior textures literally look like they did something to make them worse. Perhaps its just the new lighting that is simply highlighting how bad they are, don't know. The shkval however is freaking horrific. No amount of adjustment is giving a usable image past 5km. I can only assume that this is simply the new shkval for the bs, including the bs3. Imagine just getting the game and only flying the 25t and deciding you want to get a paid high fidelity ka50 then you get in it and find that the shkval in your free plane was easily 10x better. Don't know if they are just making the bs2 crappier to push bs3 sales, which I doubt cause itd be silly for those of us who own the bs2 to not simply give the upgrade cost for the new model, or if this is simply a taste of whats coming with bs3. I just went from super excited and sharing info with friends about bs3 coming out to now thinking that I'm just going to try and get better with my apache and its embarrassing flight model cause I think it just became a more useful helicopter than the 50.

Edited by AR_Dailey
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hobel said:

@okopanja

can you please create an extra bug report and upload a track of exactly which situations this happens in. A short video would also be helpful.

I just did a quick test and it looked ok to me, at least as far as it didn't seem to bother me.

Otherwise, please also mark me in the new report

The shake is there. It does not happen anymore just with >200 km/h (although I suspect this shake depends from aircraft to aircraft), now it happens with lower speeds. It makes me feel I am in Mi-8. Also lift seems to be minimal Need some time outside of MP to be able to reproduced it. I still have the 2.7 stable installed in parallel. I will try to install ka-50 (was initially using to figure out how much R-27R got worse).

Perhaps we can start from the video from a much better flier than myself:

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 2

I can confirm the Cyrillic text on up front lights when using English cockpit - the lighted text doesnt match whats unlit.

And yes the Shkval...yikes that green is tricky to spot anything now. Its all washed out even with brightness and contrast adjusted.

• Like 1

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

Maps: Caucasus || NTTR || Persian Gulf || Marianas || Syria

Am 30.10.2022 um 10:26 schrieb okopanja:

The shake is there. It does not happen anymore just with >200 km/h (although I suspect this shake depends from aircraft to aircraft), now it happens with lower speeds. It makes me feel I am in Mi-8. Also lift seems to be minimal Need some time outside of MP to be able to reproduced it. I still have the 2.7 stable installed in parallel. I will try to install ka-50 (was initially using to figure out how much R-27R got worse).

Perhaps we can start from the video from a much better flier than myself:

thanks but in the video he doesn't really go into detail about HDG or hover hold.

therefore send a track or a video of your observed behavior.

Another thing I've noticed is that the cockpit glass reflections appear to be incredibly low resolution, the edges look like a staircase.  Not sure if this is intentional but I'd rather go without 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

I've found problems with the auto route mode causing back and forth swaying side to side, which I highly doubt is intended especially when travelling long distances as instead of going in a straight line my flight path is like a snake.

I’m not sure if this has changed sense the update or I’m doing something wrong, however when I lock a target the laser on I press DLink target and send mem. I target reset then press DLink target vehicle 1 and the yellow DLink ingress then uncage. This never goes back to the target I have selected, it always goes somewhere else. I watched a lot of tutorials to see what I’m doing wrong and can’t figure it out. I used to be able to do this all the time but for the life of me I can’t get it to work sense the last update. Thoughts? Or is this a bug?

edit: I worked out when doing this it will always slew the camera about a mile to the right of the target. Weird!!!

Edited by Blinky.ben

• ED Team
01.11.2022 в 03:45, BalticDude сказал:

I hope someone from ED can give us confirmation that these are bugs and will be fixed. If not at least some explanation of why these are more realistic than prior..

Yes, this is features of real aurcraft.

Changes in the flight dynamics model include the implementation of the engine gas-dynamic instability during rocket launch from the inboard launchers, at hover, and at low speeds. This is due to hot rocket gases sucked in the air intakes, which can lead to a thrust drop, surge, and shutdown of the engines.

Added delay up to 2 seconds for ATGM Vikhr launch sequence by original flight manual notes.

• Like 5

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
On 11/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, Blackjack_UK said:

IIRC (and I may not as there's been a lot of stick time since then) this image has one of the Shkval filters in place. Pretty sure the raw image is just black and white.

Any Shkval filter can't change the color of monochrome screen. Green luminophore will be green regardless any filter on input device.

• Like 1
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

why on earth are you guys against the module getting changes that make it more like the real thing? why even play simulator games if that's not what you're after?

I personally like the new changes and hope the FC3 modules get a similar touch-up.

• Like 11

didntevenread.png