AIM-54 Notch Behavior...[Track File ADDED]

Callsign JoNay

Hey guys,

Some time between June 2022 and present day, (probably during the Phoenix Overhaul on Sept 2), the AIM-54 became much more susceptible to notching targets. It used to maintain a course and give itself a chance to re-acquire a pitbull after getting notched. In the current open beta the missile starts a pull up maneuver after the first instance of getting notched almost as if to avoid the target. See below a video demonstrating a before and after:

I reported this to HeatBlur but they say it's out of their hands. Can ED please take a look at this? This susceptibility to notching targets is the biggest factor involved in the AIM-54's currently poor PK%, more so than the nerfed adjusted kinematics implemented in the recent overhaul.

Edited by Callsign JoNay
  • Like 10

Unfortunately unless you provide tracks, Eagle Dynamics will not look at this as a valid bug report. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 11/7/2022 at 6:15 AM, Lurker said:

Unfortunately unless you provide tracks, Eagle Dynamics will not look at this as a valid bug report. 

I don't save tracks all the way back to June, and tracks in the Tomcat are broken anyway. I've demonstrated the issue in the video., that should be enough for their beta testers to go on.

If they expect me to take the time to roll back my install to a June version to capture tracks they'll need to put me on the payroll. They should have their own people for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

…If they expect me to take the time to roll back my install to a June version to capture tracks they'll need to put me on the payroll. They should have their own people for that.

???  Why would you have to roll back to June, if the problems exist in the present? Just set up a quick 2 a/c mission to create a short track of the issues.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• Callsign JoNay changed the title to AIM-54 Notch Behavior...[Track File ADDED]
18 hours ago, BubiHUN said:

Please fix this missile! 
It is almost trash even when launched from 50k feet at Mach 1.2 at a 43nm target.

What does it do? Target aspect, altitude & speed would also be most useful to know to figure out whether whatever is happening makes sense or not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...