A neues Gwand für die Dora! - Hi Res Textures for the Dora

Doughguy

There you go

Edited the first post so its permanent.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3330251/

1 hour ago, Ishigami said:

It is one of the worlds largest, if not the largest, Mod-Database/Host.

Large files sizes shouldn't be an issue as they host large mods for many games. Mesh and texture overhauls quickly grow in size e.g. the The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project Ultimate hosted by NexusMods comes in close to 10GB.

They are very reliable and trustworthy. The site exists since 2001 so they have now more than 20 years of service under their belt.

Edit: There is one caveat though: Politics.

You might want to contact a moderator before uploading textures that include swastikas... usually they are fine, especially in a histroical setting, but its better to check in before uploading something like that. 

Ill try that one tomorrow to have another off-site download link.

Default files are usually de-shtonkified but full-shtonks included.

Feedback highly welcome.

Thanks to everyone involvled! Espescially DB605 and Magic Zach!

Now, how do we proceed.

I´ll take a small break from this and allow some room for feedback to trickle in.

There´s still some JG.´s left to be done.

Once i finished my little project, i´ll clean up the template and provide it for you guys to make your own liveries.

But for now i have a beer and

giphy.gif

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Many thanks for your work, break is well deserved now for sure! Hats off for bringing new life for this old model, looks so much better with new clothes on 🍻

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice skins, thank you!

A detail: just by habit I placed the files via OvGME in the user-part of DCS (something like "ssd:\users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\Fw-190D9\...") and it works fine.

Later I found your advice to place them into the core-part - like "ssd:\PathToDCScore\Bazar\Liveries\FW-190D9\...". Is there any strong reason to place the skins in the core-area? During the last few years usually we were advised to place add-ons user-owned-part in  "saved games" if possible.

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

• 3 weeks later...

Small correction to the previous skin and new for 14. Staffel of IV/JG26

Whats next? 14. Staffel skin of IV/JG26 based off of Werner Zech´s black 8 and and Geschwader Stab skin based off of Josef Priller´s black 13/14.

Then this 2nd pack gonna be pressed out, which will feature liveries for JG.2, 26, 54 and KG(J)27.

210if6.jpg

3dhdzb.jpg

1nwegx.jpg

43we2j.jpg

Before and after

51yde6.jpg

6rkeye.jpg

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sadly had to drop the Josef Priller livery, since the 3d mesh around the exhaust has its UVW´s skewed too much, so that specific ornament found on Prillers D9 would end up all wonky..

I chose Black 5 of Stab/Jg.26 instead. Very interesting mottling. Reused the wings of a JG.301 dora, as it appears the pattern and colors were quite similar tellin by pictures.

14him0.jpg

21kea0.jpg

• Like 7

OK, gonna need a bit of help here. Although these skins are little masterpieces, I'm neither THAT interested in Dora, nor do I have enough disc space to keep them all. I'd like to use just a couple of them, but the fact that some skins use textures from the other skin folders, and that the description.lua mumbo-jumbo might as well be written in Chinese for me, makes it difficult to figure out which folders I have to keep and which I can delete.

By looking at references in descriptions of those skins I want to keep, I left some "source" skin folders ones as well, but today I stumbled upon the issue seen on the shot below. It's 12_SL_54 skin I think. Should it really have front part of the wing darker semi-gloss and the aft part lighter flat, or did I miss some file in some other folder and have roughmets messed up in this one?

Screen_230523_211022.jpg

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.