Viper Upgrade

Bleedle

An upgrade would be hard to tell at this time.
Perhaps in the far future if public data and government restrictions are not in the way.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

@Bleedle

Extraordinarily unlikely. Even if they tried, it would be a work of pure speculation and massive assumptions.

The APG-83 radar is derived from the radars in the F-22 and the F-35 so details are scarce and still classified Top Secret. 

The Auto GCAS system's details are not publicly available and I imagine would be extremely difficult to model even if we did know them.  

The improvements and changes to cockpit systems I'm sure would be impossible to replicate given we don't know the details of the improved sensor packages and how it interfaces with the Sniper targeting pod, the improved Digital RWR systems, the Infrared Search and Track systems, new autopilot/auto throttle, etc. etc. 

I could go on, but I won't. The best we could hope for is a cosmetic community mod, similar to the F-22, but again, it will be a work of fantasy. 

For anyone curious, I've attached the PDF from Lockheed Martin's website. Pretty awesome upgrades that, I believe, will keep the Viper in service through 2060. 

Jan20_Product Card F-16 Block 7072 media.pdf

Edited by =617= Evil

Apg-83 has 90% software in common with the apg-80. All we really know about that radars scanning algorithms is this

Apg-80 is apparently the link between  apg-77 and apg-81 so I suspect it’s not doable either, though maybe I’m wrong. There is footage online of the F-16IN online. Maybe if a block 60 manual ever makes it online. I think a block 70 is a no go as long as the F-35 is a secret.

On 12/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, Furiz said:

Well TOPGUN hype mob is begging for the Superhornet anyway, so why not ;D

Exactly, that and the request for an F-16A which would make more sense over a newer block Viper. At least we have the Tornado mob at peace for now.