Modernized US Navy Ships by Currenthill

I have reorganized - see this thread for information: 

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 16

2 minutes ago, Arrow11 said:

This is by far the best Christmas present in dcs. I was about to ask on the other thread about these US navy assets which were showcased in the gr video. Waiting to try the torpedoes on these. 😄 Thank you very much for building a very modern naval landscape!!!

Thanks! Yeah, I hope to make improvements to the torpedoes moving forward. 

• Like 2

Thank you for this awesome asset. Great gift.

Just conducted a few tests:

SM-2ER intercepted Kinzhal hypersonic missile (mod). Wow

SM-6 hit the Tu-22M3 far beyond the horizon, when he was already returning to his airfield

SM-3 shot down the enemy scud almost at the top of its trajectory. Easy target. Will there be new Iskander or Iranian Fateh ballistic missiles?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Thank you for this awesome asset. Great gift.

Just conducted a few tests:

SM-2ER intercepted Kinzhal hypersonic missile (mod). Wow

SM-6 hit the Tu-22M3 far beyond the horizon, when he was already returning to his airfield

SM-3 shot down the enemy scud almost at the top of its trajectory. Easy target. Will there be new Iskander or Iranian Fateh ballistic missiles?

Thanks! 👍🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viperrg said:

Would it be possible for you to add the secondary function of anti ship missile for the SM-2 and SM-6? I wouldn't blame you if you cant because I have no clue how you would do this but it would be really cool to have in DCS!

I chose not to do it since it's more of a secondary function, especially with the rather small warhead (since it's intended for anti air). But I may revisit this in the future. 

The next amazing project…awesome👍👍👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Status update - current list of issues and improvements for release version 1.1.0

The list is not final, as this is work in progress. But I thought I'd share the current status. 

Version 1.1.0

• Changed SM-3 launch parameters to focus on ballistic missiles
  • Changed SM-2MR anti super/hypersonic missile engagement performance
  • Changed SM-6ER anti super/hypersonic missile engagement performance
  • Changed Phalanx ammunition to  MK 244 Mod 0 APDS ELC 20 mm
  • Changed ESSM anti super/hypersonic missile engagement performance
  • Changed RGM-84L Block II to RGM-84L Block II+ (135 nm)
  • Fixed AN/SPY-6 minor performance issues
  • Fixed AN/SPY-1 minor performance issues
  • Added Phalanx reloads (300 seconds)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, champad said:

Thank you for all work you do!! Albeit the Flight III isn't showing up for me, I'm not sure why, did I mess up the download process somehow? The Tico CMP and both the Russian Frigate and Corvette work great but the Flight III doesn't show up at all. 

That's strange. The Tico and Burke are deployed in the same mod package. If you have the Tico you should have the Burke. I'd re-download and re-install.

Be nice if we had more anti-ship capability with the Arlieghs please.  From Wikipedia:

Flights I and II carry stand-alone Harpoon anti-ship missile launchers for a total of 4 to 8 Harpoons, giving them an anti-ship capability with a range in excess of 64 nautical miles (119 km; 74 mi).[2]

220px-US_Navy_070111-N-4515N-509_Guided_

USS Forrest Sherman in 2007, test firing her new 5"/62 caliber Mark 45 Mod 4 gun, located forward of her 32-cell missile pack module

The class can perform strategic land strikes with VLS-launched Tomahawks.[2] With the development of the Tomahawk Block V, all existing Block IV Tomahawks carried will be converted to the Block V version to become dual-role missiles with anti-ship capability in addition to their land attack role.[40] The Tomahawk Block Va version is called the Maritime Strike version, and the Block Vb version features the Joint Multi-Effects Warhead System.[41]

Wouldn't mind a loadout option or two with this please.

1 hour ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Be nice if we had more anti-ship capability with the Arlieghs please.  From Wikipedia:

Wouldn't mind a loadout option or two with this please.

The weapons are chosen based on what's a reasonable type/block that's fielded on the latest versions of the ship. That's why I haven't included the bleeding edge versions of the standard missiles either.

The Harpoons were removed even on the IIa. The Tomahawk MST is very new and doesn't seem to be in practical use yet. 

Don't forget that the Arleigh Burke aren't specialized in anti ship. They are guided missile destroyers (DDG). The carriers and subs have the needed capability. 

Edit: I should add that the more reasonable feature addition would be the SM-2/6 anti ship capability. I've added it to the list. 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill
  • Thanks 1

The actual DCS ticonderoga class ship EDM has a  Bunker Hill GC class, no the last CMP version. Ticonderoga (ii) class name has only used by USN on none VLS ships. I put info about that version on that post.

I can get info about the last Bunker Hill (CMP). ED has a RIM-156 EDM missile into DCS directories, but not implement yet.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, currenthill said:

Edit: I should add that the more reasonable feature addition would be the SM-2/6 anti ship capability. I've added it to the list. 👍🏻

Works for me!  I have this mission I intend to release next year - and NOT in two weeks - with an Arleigh Burke on an anti-ship mission.

• Like 1

The next release will feature three different loadouts for the Burke and Tico respectively, to better suite different kind off missions. The three loadouts will be: 1) SAM, 2) AShM and 3) LACM. The antiship missile will be a separate version of the SM-6 since they can't be multirole in DCS.

image.png

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Version 2.0.0 released - see first post

Version 2.0.0

• Changed SM-3 launch parameters to focus on ballistic missiles
  • Changed SM-2MR anti super/hypersonic missile engagement performance
  • Changed SM-6ER anti super/hypersonic missile engagement performance
  • Changed Phalanx ammunition to  MK 244 Mod 0 APDS ELC 20 mm
  • Changed ESSM anti super/hypersonic missile engagement performance
  • Changed RGM-84L Block II to RGM-84L Block II+ (135 nm)
  • Changed SM-6ER to SM-6
  • Fixed AN/SPY-6 minor performance issues
  • Fixed AN/SPY-1 minor performance issues
  • Added Phalanx reloads (300 seconds)
  • Added three loadout versions (SAM/AShM/LACM)
  • Added SM-6 antiship version (minimum range 25 nm)

uc?id=15nvNfpZllynBSnCvtk7yVJ9NPQY799Xo

uc?id=15q2LP__lC1xsCqzwi2i4vthuR6oZkLxu

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3