YAK52 updates

hazzer

Hi all, 

I must apologies at the start of this post, I'm not trying to poke the bear or cause any issues. I don't play DCS as much as I used to and when I do I find myself coming on here asking the same questions I have been asking for years. 

I see for the first time in quite a while the yak has an update but just for the "cooling system". 

Please my I request when the yak will be getting other updates. I still see it as unfinished and not really out of beta. Looking at the bugs, none have been fixed. 

It still looks like there is no LOD model for the aircraft, is that correct? 

I understand it is not a big earner but why make the effort of making cake mixture if you aren't going to put bake it? 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I have also got fed up with waiting for three years now for a major update. I don’t want to purchase the module until such times. I used to support ED buying almost everything in the shop even if I wasn’t interested in flying it, I only purchase now if it is an absolute must have. Let’s hope someone new in ED is listening.

• Like 3

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

On 12/31/2022 at 10:09 PM, mondaysoff said:

I have also got fed up with waiting for three years now for a major update. I don’t want to purchase the module until such times. I used to support ED buying almost everything in the shop even if I wasn’t interested in flying it, I only purchase now if it is an absolute must have. Let’s hope someone new in ED is listening.

I am in the same boat. I own almost everything, but have stopped in recent times due to issues being overlooked, being told products we have paid for aren't a priority etc. It is very disappointing and can only hope there is positive change ahead. I find when I go on DCS I see an issue with an aircraft I am fairly familiar with, go to the forum to report it... and find a post or thread that I have made years prior. 

I still do enjoy DCS but it does take away the shine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Me too. I quit years ago already, and leaving the Yak twisting in the wind was one of the main reasons. Anyway, getting my coat now since I was just passing by 🙂

• Like 2

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

On MP server I asked why they would not add the Yak-52. They said somehow it was misused because of the damage model was broken and it was invulnerable. People were ramming random stuff with it. I just want to know are you aware of that issue? Is it fixed? Does it even exist? Is it gonna be fixed?

• Like 3

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

I highly doubt the YaK-52 will ever be finished, but I would love to be wrong. I find it a lot of fun to fly in it and I hope more modules in this "civilian" style come to DCS.

• Like 4

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

11 hours ago, Terzi said:

On MP server I asked why they would not add the Yak-52. They said somehow it was misused because of the damage model was broken and it was invulnerable. People were ramming random stuff with it. I just want to know are you aware of that issue? Is it fixed? Does it even exist? Is it gonna be fixed? 

Last time I checked it does not have a full damage model which would explain this. There are some basic expectations of a DCS product that was put to the side because the original customer didn't want them. This has led to us not getting a full fledged product which we expected. 

10 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

I highly doubt the YaK-52 will ever be finished, but I would love to be wrong. I find it a lot of fun to fly in it and I hope more modules in this "civilian" style come to DCS.

I hoped we would get more things like the yak in dcs, however my feelings changed 1 year after release with the lack of updates etc. The lack of motivation for supporting the product paid for, because its a lower earner and a low priority is disappointing. I imagine it didn't earn enough to wet the appetite to produce anything similar. Same thoughts for the CEII. 

• Like 1

7 часов назад, hazzer сказал:

I hoped we would get more things like the yak in dcs, however my feelings changed 1 year after release with the lack of updates etc. The lack of motivation for supporting the product paid for, because its a lower earner and a low priority is disappointing. I imagine it didn't earn enough to wet the appetite to produce anything similar. Same thoughts for the CEII.

And now we're eventually getting the Herc and the Chinook that have about the same value weaponry-wise but can't even do aerobatics. I hope that's a sign of interest in less military aircraft and maybe the little planes that could will get some love after all.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Going by the changelog, our little YAK has LODs now. Finally.
What else is missing?
Does the radio work with the new VoIP? Has the engine simulation been improved in regards to engine management and over-heating?
I haven't flown the Yak in years (too depressing) so any feedback appreciated. Should i give her a spin as soon as 2.9 lands on stable?

Edited by twistking
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...