Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

Remember this is "Final Testing Phase", it can finish fast, or like MB-339A, it can be more than a year... (for various undisclosed reasons)

As there are still too many things in the DCS World to keep me engaged (sorry pun intended), I don't mind waiting.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Im sure that they will inform about release date 15th. Its logical for me (but cant respond for ED or Razbam for sure ;). 

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 1/29/2023 at 12:06 AM, YoYo said:

Ok, so we are closer and closer. My wallet is hot and ready to go for the nearest Friday, but I hope we will recive the release date also when pre orede will start. Pls 2 weeks after pre order start ; ), we all like 2 weeks promises! :notworthy:

btw. In summary - the price of pre order 55,99$ (79,99$ regular price after EA, during EA = 20% less).

Reason of edit: not 3th but 15th of February.

How about you guys work day and night to get it out by the end of the month, and we'll just send you our checkbooks and the deed to our houses?

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

15th of February 2023 is now the planned pre-order release date

This is terrible, terrible wording. RAZBAM if you care about customer service at all, please inform Graphics to change his phrasing, as a lot, and I seriously mean a lot of people will think that the F15E will be released into EA on the February of 15th. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is terrible, terrible wording. RAZBAM if you care about customer service at all, please inform Graphics to change his phrasing, as a lot, and I seriously mean a lot of people will think that the F15E will be released into EA on the February of 15th. 

Yep, it starts pre order only, not release (we dont know still when), this sentence is wrong and could be misunderstanding.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

3 hours ago, Nahen said:

You see, this is why god created the A-10C II. Whenever you are waiting for a new release and are restless, you can go back to the A-10C, remember that you barely remember any of it at all, and it feels like you're in a brand new plane all over again. 😀

One more week..............

• Like 4

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

16 hours ago, Nahen said:

😉

I still flying in F-15C 😉

Its good introduction ;), few days ago I fired up F-15C too to remind something too, however no clickable cockpit is not for me still ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

F-15C is a fun plane to fly in. Yes, another reason I am waiting for the F-15E as it can pretend to be a very close version of F-15C. May be, just may be, one day some one will make a F-15C mod or have a official F-15C ][ official module out f F-15E. One can always dream, right?

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

Its good introduction ;), few days ago I fired up F-15C too to remind something too, however no clickable cockpit is not for me still ;).

In the case of the F-15C, the lack of a clickable cockpit is completely irrelevant to me. And so all that is needed to flying is on HOTAS 😉 And the fact that when starting the plane at the airport, I turn on the power with the switch on the throttle panel, and then I start the engines one by one with the switches on the panel, it is enough for me 😉 Ultimately, even in the case of the clickable F-15E, I will he did everything on the desktops and the "front panel" with the instruments and on the monitors. So why do I need a clickable cockpit 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nahen said:

In the case of the F-15C, the lack of a clickable cockpit is completely irrelevant to me. And so all that is needed to flying is on HOTAS 😉 And the fact that when starting the plane at the airport, I turn on the power with the switch on the throttle panel, and then I start the engines one by one with the switches on the panel, it is enough for me 😉 Ultimately, even in the case of the clickable F-15E, I will he did everything on the desktops and the "front panel" with the instruments and on the monitors. So why do I need a clickable cockpit 😉

BUT in VR cockpit C version looks realy nice, many place for pilot. (Quite Huge). I think in F-15E the imerssion will be the same or even better.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 2/8/2023 at 7:22 AM, Lurker said:

ED select if a product has applicable to release of preorder, no RAZBAM, and that was officialy posted on the 3 February ED DCS World newsletter as "preorder".

F-15E Preview

Strike Eagle

The DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle by RAZBAM has entered our final validation and testing phase. The  pre-order, which comes with a 30% discount, is currently planned for the 15th of February, 2023. Once the pre-order begins, we anticipate the F-15E to be released into Early Access a few months later and perhaps sooner.

On 2/8/2023 at 8:22 AM, Lurker said:

"..... is the planned pre-order relase date" - what is wrong? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nahen said:

Planned Pre-Order. Full-stop. No need to mention any kind of release date. Since it's NOT a release date, it is the start of a presale or a preorder. I realize that @Graphics is not a native English speaker, but there are a lot of other non-native English speakers who don't trawl the forums for extra information who might misunderstand that statement. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, Nahen said:

To avoid confusion - many people associate 'release' with something being handed off to customers. Simply stating that "<date> is the date when they start to accept pre-orders" for their product would be less prone for mis-interpretation.

• Like 3

So if someone goes to the ED website on February 15 and clicks on PRE-ORDER, they will require a ready module??
Are you people listening yourself? What will we bet that on February 15 - if nothing changes - there will be a possibility to buy PRE-ORDER and that's how it will be described. Even if someone wrote today that we will be selling the Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle on February 15, there will still be a PRE-ORDER on February 15, and then what will someone demand of what? A real F-15E? On what basis? You have black on white - PRE-ORDER and not ORDER / BUY or any other idea...

Not to mention the fact that the word "release" has several meanings... I don't think anyone thinks that we will "release the F-15E"... from captivity? From prison?

Guys, lighten up a bit...

If the party of the first part parties partially with the party of the second part, and post party, the party of the second part prohibits the party of the first part to party, even partially, with the party of the third part, the party of the first part, with regard to the party of the second part, can pre-order the F-15E on February 15 and wait for the release just like the rest of us.

That's simple enough. :smoke:

Edited by Beirut
  • Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

3 hours ago, Nahen said:

So if someone goes to the ED website on February 15 and clicks on PRE-ORDER, they will require a ready module??

Some of us are afraid that people, having read past published statement that mixes 'release' with 'pre-order', come away remembering only 'release'. They therefore may *expect* a downloadable module on that date ("they said 'release'"), and that they will then be disappointed: they turn up, cash in hand, and find out that they (as they surely will feel) have been misled. They will have a bad experience, they will blame everyone but themselves, and - being people - they will want to vent their frustration. Usually on-line.

That is what I hope will not happen, because that's how reputations can get unnecessarily tarnished: People talk bad about the new F15E release. Ultimately, that's what people remember: something bad. Not what really happened, people forget that. There's no ill will involved, on either side. Just some bad phrasing on one side, and too high expectations on the other. All because of some flawed messaging.

Now, let's put this back into perspective: I don't think it's a terrible mistake. And I also know that there are better ways to phrase your message. We'll see what happens in a few days. 

3 hours ago, Nahen said:

Are you people listening yourself?

I believe we are. That's why we are saying 'oops, bad messaging'. We want RB and ED to succeed. We want this release cycle to be a great expedience, with everyone walking away happy. Past releases have had a somewhat spotty history in this regard, and I'm hoping that this one becomes a roaring home run for RB/ED. That somewhat unfortunate phrasing does not heighten my confidence, though. Hence the slightly worried faces. We'll see. My credit card is charged up and ready to go anyways 🙂 

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

If there has been talk of a pre-order for the last few months and suddenly someone comes to buy a ready-made module on February 15 and will be disappointed, his reputation will only be tarnished, or he will gain the reputation of thinking differently... The more so that where he "comes" on 15 February and will want to spend the money will be clearly written PRE ORDER. But well, today 80% of people can't think logically...

Maybe RAZBAM or ED write to anybody who has ever thought "DCS" a special instruction on what does PRE-ORDER mean? People let's be adults.

The wording of the statement was poor.  One possible interpretation of the statement is that the module will release on the 15th.  This interpretation is grammatically correct, but is factually incorrect.

Thats it.  There really isn’t anything more to this.  Ya’ll are arguing for the sake of arguing.

• Like 4