Cannot close the mission with "END MISSION" button in Campaigns and incorrect Logbook update.

LordOrion
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

@bertog Right. I'm not seeing any error I recognize in your dcs.log so I'm not sure why the mission did not register ! 

At any rate, you can edit the logbook to fill in results for the 1st mission and point to the next mission

[8] = 
                {
                    ["created"] = "Sat Jan 28 20:13:32 2023",
                    ["player"] = "Guy Mc Birtolz",
                    ["campaign"] = "C:/Users/Ursula2/Saved Games/DCS/Missions/Campaigns/en//FA-18C - Bold Cheetah/FA-18C - Bold Cheetah.cmp",
                    ["status"] = "Active",
                    ["history"] = 
                    {
                        [1] = 
                        { -- ///// THIS IS A FLOWN MISSION, ALL FIELDS ARE FILLED
                            ["stage"] = 1,
                            ["mission"] = "Bold Cheetah Mission 01 - A Show of Force_Cold Start.miz",
                            ["datetime"] = "Sat Nov 12 20:27:14 2022",
                            ["aaKills"] = 0,
                            ["agKills"] = 2,
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                        }, -- end of [1]
                        [2] =
                        { -- ///// THIS IS THE NEXT MISSION, ONLY THE FIELDS 'STAGE' NUMBER AND 'MISSION' FILE ARE LISTED
                            ["stage"] = 2,
                            ["mission"] = "Bold Cheetah Mission 02 - CAS for Badger_Cold Start.miz",
                        }, -- end of [2]
                    }, -- end of ["history"]
                }, -- end of [8]

Previously, your logbook showed only the [1] section and it was empty as a "next mission". I copied the additional fields to make it a "flown mission" and added the next mission to fly under [2] (note: really make sure this is the next sequential number or bad things will happen). This is what we used to do to skip a mission before ED added the very convenient 'skip mission' button. The "stage" value usually corresponds to the mission number but it may not be the case for complex campaign setups with branches and stuff, YMMV.

Try the attached file (I didn't test it, there might be bugs 😉 ). Make backups of your logbook.lua before any changes, obviously.

logbook_bertog.lua

8 hours ago, BuzzLine said:

@bertog Right. I'm not seeing any error I recognize in your dcs.log so I'm not sure why the mission did not register ! 

At any rate, you can edit the logbook to fill in results for the 1st mission and point to the next mission

[8] = 
                {
                    ["created"] = "Sat Jan 28 20:13:32 2023",
                    ["player"] = "Guy Mc Birtolz",
                    ["campaign"] = "C:/Users/Ursula2/Saved Games/DCS/Missions/Campaigns/en//FA-18C - Bold Cheetah/FA-18C - Bold Cheetah.cmp",
                    ["status"] = "Active",
                    ["history"] = 
                    {
                        [1] = 
                        { -- ///// THIS IS A FLOWN MISSION, ALL FIELDS ARE FILLED
                            ["stage"] = 1,
                            ["mission"] = "Bold Cheetah Mission 01 - A Show of Force_Cold Start.miz",
                            ["datetime"] = "Sat Nov 12 20:27:14 2022",
                            ["aaKills"] = 0,
                            ["agKills"] = 2,
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                        }, -- end of [1]
                        [2] =
                        { -- ///// THIS IS THE NEXT MISSION, ONLY THE FIELDS 'STAGE' NUMBER AND 'MISSION' FILE ARE LISTED
                            ["stage"] = 2,
                            ["mission"] = "Bold Cheetah Mission 02 - CAS for Badger_Cold Start.miz",
                        }, -- end of [2]
                    }, -- end of ["history"]
                }, -- end of [8]

Previously, your logbook showed only the [1] section and it was empty as a "next mission". I copied the additional fields to make it a "flown mission" and added the next mission to fly under [2] (note: really make sure this is the next sequential number or bad things will happen). This is what we used to do to skip a mission before ED added the very convenient 'skip mission' button. The "stage" value usually corresponds to the mission number but it may not be the case for complex campaign setups with branches and stuff, YMMV.

Try the attached file (I didn't test it, there might be bugs 😉 ). Make backups of your logbook.lua before any changes, obviously.

logbook_bertog.lua 18.43 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks again 🙂 Next time I'll try by my self and maybe I ping Sedlo about this issue with the Campaign.

Hello there, 

I have been having problems advancing through the campaign missions.

When i press the END MISSION button nothing happens and i have to quit the mission and lose all progress.

Any ideas on what might be and/or how to fix it?

Edited by Anoobis_mz
grammar

got this with raven one mission #8. the "end mission" button just does nothing

log shows the following:

2023-02-03 21:42:10.808 ALERT   LUACOMMON (Main): Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1128: attempt to index local 'unitTarget' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1128: in function 'updateUserStatistics'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:361: in function 'updateStatistic'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:385: in function 'endMission'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:351: in function 'onChange'
    [string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
    [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:368: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:363>

debriefing lua table attached

raven8_debriefing_bug.log

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

18 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hi. The problem is known and a fix is coming.

Thank you @Flappie!

Hope it will be added in the next OP update.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Same thing here. Was about to have a heart attack when couple of hundered custom campaing missions "inactive" / done "0", on every campaing. Then clicking other mods -> they are ok-> back to my campaigns seems ok but cant end em. But I dont mind as long as IF update logbook works. BUT I really pray that my logbook made with this false code works also when this is fixed!? (i just mean do i even dare to play em 😮

• 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing weird problem. 

I'm currently playing community "Operation Earnest Will Redux Part I" but I have also started "Red Flag Training Missions" and "Operation Persian Gauntlet". When I go to campaigns DCS displays "Operation Earnest Will Redux Part I" as active and other community campaigns as inactive, but when I click on F-14 campaigns and the click again on community it shows "Red Flag Training Missions" and "Operation Persian Gauntlet" as active and "Operation Earnest Will Redux Part I" as inactive(as in attached printscreens).

How to resolve this without losing progress in any of them?

profile-campaign problem.png

F-14, A-10CII, F/A-18, Spitfire, FC3, Supercarrier and all of the maps/terrains 

R7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3733GHz CL14, RTX3090, Sound blaster Z, Oculus Quest 2 and Reverb G2, WINWING F/A-18 Orion HOTAS...

• 2 weeks later...