Fence In/Out?

CBStu

32 minutes ago, CBStu said:

The definition I found is set cockpit switches as appropriate when going in or out of a combat area. Ok? I am thinking Master Arm on or off? AG or AA on or off? Anything else?

If you want to do it properly, google "hornet tactical manual pocket guide" and look for the "combat checks" section there.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

I found at least a couple of different meaning for the acronym F.E.N.C.E. (yeah, it's not a word, it's an acronym). In the end, I memorized this one

and I use it all the time, for all aircrafts, of course adapting it to the different models and situations.

• Like 1

Master Arm should remain off, it doesn't come on until prior to employment, for A/A that is at commit, and A/G that is at attack.

• Like 2

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

On 2/5/2023 at 3:44 PM, Foka said:

As @MARLAN_ said, you don't go Master Arm On, until you're ready to attack.

Unless you’re in MP in which case I FENCE in and Master Arm in as soon as the wheels are up! ;-D

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

22 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

Unless you’re in MP in which case I FENCE in and Master Arm in as soon as the wheels are up! ;-D

Currently reading a book by a RN Harrier pilot, he said he set master arm on as soon as he was wheels up in Afghanistan. I do the same now, saves getting annoyed when you screw up an attack because you forgot the master arm switch 😁 (that was his reasoning too).

1 hour ago, Digitalvole said:

Currently reading a book by a RN Harrier pilot, he said he set master arm on as soon as he was wheels up in Afghanistan. I do the same now, saves getting annoyed when you screw up an attack because you forgot the master arm switch 😁 (that was his reasoning too).

Makes sense.
NWP says the switch may be armed as soon as you enter the operation area.
And since the whole country back then was the OP area...

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

Don't give up on it, it's just a matter of practice, choose the one version you like, adapt it and make it yours, keep repeating it, always making the same steps, and before you know it, it'll be so natural you'll do it without even thinking.